Disney world is stale debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixie VaVoom

Well, I don't think anybody really likes to listen to complaining...

Don't speak for a group that you are NOT the LEADER of...Actually, I LIKE to hear the different points of view that people have. I have only been to WDW 3 times and I VALUE the opinions of folks that have been there more than I have and can that say..."no, so and so ride is NOT as good as it used to be". Then I investigate, and make my decisions, and maybe their input will save me wasting time on some attraction that I would not enjoy.

It has NOTHING to do with them being a "SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE" (seriously...are you a pre-school teacher or something ??? ). It has to do with their RIGHT to express an opinion.

Californian Elitist

As do I! But I'm talking about the type of complaining your MIL is notorious for.

Walt Disney always complained. He was constantly thinking about ways to make things better. People are upset about little things, but so was Walt Disney. I don't understand why others are so bothered by people wanting the parks to be in top shape.

Funmeister's Delight

Okay... So, why am I not allowed to complain? I never said that people can't complain. I said that if it's irrelevant or just absolutely ridiculous and high maintenance, it's best to keep it to yourself. (i.e., the Coke thing) I'm sharing my opinion, so sit down and don't tell me I can't.
Yes I can because no one wants to hear you complain about complaining as you said
All it does is annoy people and make you sound ridiculous.

Pocahontas

Don't speak for a group that you are NOT the LEADER of...Actually, I LIKE to hear the different points of view that people have. I have only been to WDW 3 times and I VALUE the opinions of folks that have been there more than I have and can that say..."no, so and so ride is NOT as good as it used to be". Then I investigate, and make my decisions, and maybe their input will save me wasting time on some attraction that I would not enjoy.

It has NOTHING to do with them being a "SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE" (seriously...are you a pre-school teacher or something ??? ). It has to do with their RIGHT to express an opinion.
My lord. Have you not read previous posts? I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions or saying they dislike a ride, restaurant. That's fine. Nobody likes hearing somebody whine about their trip being ruined because a fly flew into your room. Just don't complain about every single TINY thing because that gets annoying. I bet you could sit and listen to somebody cry over their horrible job and how rude their boss is...

And, by the way, the special snowflake comment was sarcastic, if you couldn't tell.

FigmentJedi

As a "once every three years" guy, I do still have a lot of fun and enjoy myself in the parks and occasionally find myself doing stuff I overlooked before, but yes the parks need help, especially Future World and Studios. Hell, only reason I even stuck around at World for the fourth day last time was for Star Wars Weekends events.

It's not a full-out "familiarity breeding contempt" thing though because as much as I vicariously live through the blogs and videos of locals/APs/whatevers, that still doesn't quite give you the full experience of TDO incompetence.

Pocahontas

Yes I can because no one wants to hear you complain about complaining as you said
My complaining isn't the type I was talking about. This is a debate. Were expressing opinions about this topic. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. I'm not upset because some lady rolled over my foot with her stroller! How rude! And the CM didn't even report her to authorities, SMH.

Pocahontas

Walt Disney always complained. He was constantly thinking about ways to make things better. People are upset about little things, but so was Walt Disney. I don't understand why others are so bothered by people wanting the parks to be in top shape.
It's not that. It's STUPID things Disney has no control over.

Matt_Black

Guest behaviors. There is only so much that Disney can do, but the fact is until they develop behavior modification chips or have more CM presence, then we're going to have to deal with things like cheering Brazilians and pushy people with strollers.

3WaltFans

r-u-for-real.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
At this point the title of this thread is a bit misleading. There has been no actual debate just a bunch of back and forth personal attacks that I can't even follow. The only thing around here that is stale is this thread;).

draybook

Guest behaviors. There is only so much that Disney can do, but the fact is until they develop behavior modification chips or have more CM presence, then we're going to have to deal with things like cheering Brazilians and pushy people with strollers.

So you're saying there's only so much Disney can do about guest behavior? Is one of those things that they can do called CONTROLLING guest behavior? How many times have any of you seen a CM turn a blind eye to badly behaving guests because that's what they're trained to do. Don't off the guest, because then the almighty dollar might go somewhere else......

There's no need for more CM presence, there's a need for Disney not turning a blind eye in exchange for a buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom