Disney World Haunted? (Orlando, FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also seen George. I used to constantly joke about egging him on since I "ain't afraid of no ghost", but during one of the MNSSHP, I was wearing my GB gear, which includes night vision goggles to see if I could actually pick something up (fun to have on during HM by the way). Right after the drop, all the way to the left of Barbossa's ship, I saw a black figure standing in the corner where there is no possible way to get there without getting wet. I immediately took off my goggles and haven't ridiculed George since.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Bless your heart... Do you really need to say you're going to Disney World (Orando, Fl)? :eek: :hammer:

I call--
Super%20Troopers%20Shenanigans%2001.jpg

I bet you that guys mustache rides are haunted.

When we were in Disney last Ocotber we were chatting with some CM's that were going to MK. They had told us if we heard about the ghost's that are in Space Mountain inside the ride area. I did hear about this but truly was not sure if CM's talked about it. They told me and my husband that a couple of men working on the tracks when the ride first was opening fell to their death and they said once in a while they hear strange stuff inside Space Mountain after hours. They said they hear foot steps and someone making noise with a hammer. Who knows if it's true. I know that since we can not prove it's true, we also can not prove it's not. :confused:It's nothing to be afraid of anyway....

Disney_Belle

Its probably just a coincidence but it makes for a good story :)

We had heard from some PotC CM's one night before Spectro about the tale of George. They told us about saying good morning and good night to him and that if you say he isn't real the ride will encounter issues.

Of course after Spectro we went on to PotC we had to test this tale. From the second we set foot on the boat my cousins kept repeatedly saying "George isn't real" and nothing happened. My cousins boyfriend was getting aggravated and said "Enough already... its a stupid trick and you guys fell for it, there is no such thing as ghosts".... and then the ride stopped immediately lol. We were stopped for a good 15 minutes right by the Wench for a Bride auction. The rest of the ride our boat moved extremely slow. When we got off of the ride we passed by the front of it and there were CM's turning people away because the ride was down.

Coincidence? Probably... but it still makes for a good story lol.

Birdflu

Yes, George is real, and he is in WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean. The story I recieved from my Pirate friends is that George was one of the builders of the ride, and while working at the highest point of the ride (a tower in the burning city sequence) he fell to his death and since then the tower has been called George's Tower.

It is tradition for the Cast Members to say "Good Morning" and "Good Night" to George every day, and when they don't there is usually a significant downtime. Also, the massive amount of downtimes that Pirates experienced after the 2006 Refurb was largely attributed to George not approving of Captain Jack!

Personally, about 12 years ago I was on a trip to WDW with my parents, and we decided to ride Pirates while Spectromagic was going on. We took the right hand queue and got to the small staircase just before the "Skeletons Playing Chess" section, and we saw a man dressed in dusty work clothes, and a tool belt about his waist. We said "hello", but he didn't respond, but just staired past us. We kept going, and I knew those stairs came out on the other side of the "Skeletons Playing Chess", so when we wrapped around, I took a look down the stairs, and of course, the man was gone. When we reached the dock we asked the Cast Members if they had seen this man, and they said that we were the first people that they had seen in 20 minutes. I said, "Well, I think that we just saw George". They looked at me in shock and asked how I knew about George, to which I responded that I had read reports on the Internet. We then descibed the man, and the Cast Members looked at each other and said, "They did see him!"

if you are actually serious, ... take a high school level logic class then rethink out the consequences for the world if ghosts were real.. here's a few starting point suggestions for you: consider the actual number of people who have ever lived and are alive now, if after death existence were possible it would be nice to know why its only gullible, non-scientific people who are ever visited, also investigate why we dont have hundreds of families of people killed in 9/11, iraq war, any other terrorist attack, etc.. coming forward about being contacted by their relatives after their untimely deaths.. because if being a worker at an amusement park who falls to their death is enough to constitute ghost-worthiness after death one has to assume there are better cases out tehre when being a ghost would be more appropriate.. remember you are in a theme park where making fake "ghosts" to accompany stories wouldn't even anywhere near above their capabilities.. people often neglect to question when they don't understand something they might have experienced "what is more likely, that I am part of the infinitesimally small fraction of people who have seen something that there is absolutely no physical grounds for in reality in the last several thousand years, or that there is an explanation I don't know..?"

Birdflu

I've also seen George. I used to constantly joke about egging him on since I "ain't afraid of no ghost", but during one of the MNSSHP, I was wearing my GB gear, which includes night vision goggles to see if I could actually pick something up (fun to have on during HM by the way). Right after the drop, all the way to the left of Barbossa's ship, I saw a black figure standing in the corner where there is no possible way to get there without getting wet. I immediately took off my goggles and haven't ridiculed George since.

..again, so your claim is that there is absolutely no possible explanation in this reality for what you claim to have seen other than it being a ghost..
also, since there is a place you know of "where there is no possible way to get there without getting wet." did you help design the attraction and have first hand knowledge of this fact?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
You know, BirdFlu, you're not going to change other people's beliefs by being the party pooper on a WDW forum. Just deal with the fact that other people have different beliefs and let it go.

magicmaya

This is to funny:lol:

I don't know how my sister got everyone on the boat to chant it but it was pretty scary. I won't ever do it again. If I do, I'm gonna get it on camera.:ROFLOL:

Also, has anyone noticed that this is one of the most amazing threads that we've gotten on the last few weeks? The rest are just :snore:

harveyt0206

I don't think I want there to be "ghosts" anywhere at WDW other than HM. I just want to have fun and enjoy my time. No George. No SM ghost. Just good fun for all.

DisneyLeo18

Since there are cameras all over the ride, cant the CMs just stop the ride if they hear guests saying "george isn't real" or whatever? I'd do it. :lol:

Master Gracey

You know, BirdFlu, you're not going to change other people's beliefs by being the party pooper on a WDW forum. Just deal with the fact that other people have different beliefs and let it go.

Thank you TubaGeek. It's always fun when the age old Belief v. Science argument comes into play. And yes Birdflu, I am quite serious about my experience at Pirates, as well as other occasions in my life where I have experienced the supernatural. Not only because, I have witnessed stuff that would turn you white, but also because I believe if everything that happens in this world can be explained by science, we would be living a very boring existence.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy". ~Hamlet

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

cheshiresmile

if you are actually serious, ... take a high school level logic class then rethink out the consequences for the world if ghosts were real.. here's a few starting point suggestions for you: consider the actual number of people who have ever lived and are alive now, if after death existence were possible it would be nice to know why its only gullible, non-scientific people who are ever visited, also investigate why we dont have hundreds of families of people killed in 9/11, iraq war, any other terrorist attack, etc.. coming forward about being contacted by their relatives after their untimely deaths.. because if being a worker at an amusement park who falls to their death is enough to constitute ghost-worthiness after death one has to assume there are better cases out tehre when being a ghost would be more appropriate.. remember you are in a theme park where making fake "ghosts" to accompany stories wouldn't even anywhere near above their capabilities.. people often neglect to question when they don't understand something they might have experienced "what is more likely, that I am part of the infinitesimally small fraction of people who have seen something that there is absolutely no physical grounds for in reality in the last several thousand years, or that there is an explanation I don't know..?"

*kiss*

Tom Morrow

Shut up and let people have their fun.
Since there are cameras all over the ride, cant the CMs just stop the ride if they hear guests saying "george isn't real" or whatever? I'd do it. :lol:
There are cameras, but they can't hear you. Also, CMs will get in trouble for stopping a ride without a legitimate reason.

..again, so your claim is that there is absolutely no possible explanation in this reality for what you claim to have seen other than it being a ghost..
also, since there is a place you know of "where there is no possible way to get there without getting wet." did you help design the attraction and have first hand knowledge of this fact?

Ummm, yeah, since I know quite a few people that work in Adventure Land/Fantasy Land/Tomorrow Land, I can say that there is no way to get to that corner of the room without getting your shoes full of water. Along with the fact that I had NIGHT VISION goggles on that work in both a high power, low power, black and white, and green vision and I saw this figure in all settings (trying to see if it was just a trick on my eyes). Something funky is going on in that ride.

imagineer boy

Plus public belief in ghosts is steadily increasing, so one might wanna get used to it.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom