Disney World Haunted? (Orlando, FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdflu

Not only because, I have witnessed stuff that would turn you white, but also because I believe if everything that happens in this world can be explained by science, we would be living a very boring

No, you haven't.. because you are either A. making it up, or B. have a very rudimentary knowledge of the natural world and, possibly, C. have some sort of psychiatric disorder causing you to hallucinate (not that I want to sound as if I am insulting you personally).
Further, its depressing to me that you think the natural wonders of the world and our scientific understanding in it, such as the understanding of rain forests, our exploration of galaxies far away by radioastronomy, our understandings of physics and biochemistry, DNA's power to create the entire continuum of variety in life from 4 base chemicals, the creation of rainbows by photons passing through minuscule water droplets, the aurora borealis, modern neurosurgery, the ability to fly people around the world in planes, our development of computers and the internet which you are using to talk to people right now all around the country, the ability to measure the distances to stars hundreds of light years away (which even the Greeks figured out), and not to mention the ability of engineers such as those who have built disney world to be as wondrous as it is, is "very boring"

Isaac Newton did not destroy the rainbow's beauty by understanding it.

Birdflu

How good is yours?

Top 10 in the world for my degree, top 25 overall, thanks for asking.
Though my comment was somewhat aggressive, I don't want to seem as though we need to have a competition here (thus I was not comparing the person's education level to mine or anyone else's, rather making on a judgement on what they claim to believe). I just find it unsettling that in the 21st century, with empirical evidence and rational thinking, there are people whose cosmological views haven't progressed past the 1st.

cdunbar

Top 10 in the world for my degree, top 25 overall, thanks for asking.
Though my comment was somewhat aggressive, I don't want to seem as though we need to have a competition here (thus I was not comparing the person's education level to mine or anyone else's, rather making on a judgement on what they claim to believe). I just find it unsettling that in the 21st century, with empirical evidence and rational thinking, there are people whose cosmological views haven't progressed past the 1st.
O look editing to cover one's backside...

Birdflu

In the middle ages people did not even know about radio waves but they exist. Today they make TV, radio, cell phones, etc. possible.

It's difficult to prove that something does not exist just because it's not known or visible and detectable today. In fact, it's not logical to say that something definitely does not exist, on that basis, because that would be like saying that everything, all things, are already known.

Who knows what will be discovered tomorrow that was right there all the time.

:)

While you are certainly completely correct here, the fact that we didnt understand something that was there all along is not an excuse to put equal value in phenomena that we can show probably aren't actually there..

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No, you haven't.. because you are either A. making it up, or B. have a very rudimentary knowledge of the natural world and, possibly, C. have some sort of psychiatric disorder causing you to hallucinate (not that I want to sound as if I am insulting you personally).
Further, its depressing to me that you think the natural wonders of the world and our scientific understanding in it, such as the understanding of rain forests, our exploration of galaxies far away by radioastronomy, our understandings of physics and biochemistry, DNA's power to create the entire continuum of variety in life from 4 base chemicals, the creation of rainbows by photons passing through minuscule water droplets, the aurora borealis, modern neurosurgery, the ability to fly people around the world in planes, our development of computers and the internet which you are using to talk to people right now all around the country, the ability to measure the distances to stars hundreds of light years away (which even the Greeks figured out), and not to mention the ability of engineers such as those who have built disney world to be as wondrous as it is, is "very boring"

Isaac Newton did not destroy the rainbow's beauty by understanding it.
Or as I like to put it..."There is way too much cool stuff in this world to ever necessitate having to make crap up."

Birdflu

O, and where is this center of education?

oh god.. if you really want to get into this, because I don't want to seem like someone making empty comments, I have attended Rutgers New Brunswick for a bachelors and NYU for graduate school.

look, we can all be friends here and I hope I haven't seemed too much as though I think low of anyone.. we all like at least one of the same things to a great degree.. if people are going to talk about things that there is no empirical evidence or logical foundation for, though, other people must also point out the folly in such faith.
lets get all back to being mad about the yeti not being fixed..

cdunbar

oh god.. if you really want to get into this, because I don't want to seem like someone making empty comments, I have attended Rutgers New Brunswick for a bachelors and NYU for graduate school.
See, it was just that simple!
picture.php

Birdflu

again, we could all be using this energy more constructively by complaining about the yeti... (hopefully no one here will confuse that statement by thinking there is a real yeti anywhere to make such statements about)

Monorail_Orange

Anybody else feel like this is turning into a "breastfeeding in public" type debate?

Obviously, several people here have very divergent opinions on the existence of the supernatural. Myself included.

At this point, can we simply agree to disagree?

Monorail_Orange

again, we could all be using this energy more constructively by complaining about the yeti... (hopefully no one here will confuse that statement by thinking there is a real yeti anywhere to make such statements about)

Next thing you know, you'll be telling all of us there's no such thing as Santa Claus! :p

DisneyLeo18

look, we can all be friends here and I hope I haven't seemed too much as though I think low of anyone.. we all like at least one of the same things to a great degree.. if people are going to talk about things that there is no empirical evidence or logical foundation for, though, other people must also point out the folly in such faith.
lets get all back to being mad about the yeti not being fixed..

That's in Jersey... doesn't count.:lol:

hrcollectibles

our development of computers and the internet which you are using to talk to people right now all around the country

I didn't know the Interweb was only for people to communicate with others in the United States.... An knowing is half the Battle

The more you know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom