Disney World Haunted? (Orlando, FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
uhh really?, more so editing because I wanted to add an extra thing or two or because I misspelled a word..

Too bad High School was not a prerequisite for your degree.

Birdflu you might very well be a well educated nice girl, but you come across as a pompous .

Oddysey

Too bad High School was not a prerequisite for your degree.

Birdflu you might very well be a well educated nice girl, but you come across as a pompous .

Oh great, now this fun thread is going to get locked.

What am I going to do with my free time now :(

Master Gracey

Oh, and I've recieved more ghost stories from WDW. It seems that the Movie Riders over at the Chinese Theater have two specters roaming the halls. They believe that there is something in the "Alien" scene other than the creature. One of my friends that worked there back in '96 was filming a skit in the scene after hours, and both she and the camera man felt a presence that made them speed up the shot. Granted no empirical evidence in this story, but I do not doubt her when it comes to the supernatural. There have been other Cast Members that I have talked to about it, and there have been a number of others that have felt something in "Alien".

The other story is that a guest sufferd a heart attack in the "Finale" scene, and Cast Members have seen the man on occasion when they open and close the ride.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Wilt Dasney

Plus, if you really want to get technical about it, WDW isn't in Orlando, it's in Lake Buena Vista....:wave::p

Sorry, i know this is off topic, but....

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. "We're going to Orlando [to do WDW]!" No, you're going to Lake Buena Vista. Hahahaha
Lake Buena Vista doesn't exist! It's a fictitious "pseudo-place" carved out so Disney could set its own municipal codes! Real people don't live there, just Disney employees! I'm ending all these sentences with exclamation points to make it seem like I care about this issue more than I really do! I still refuse to refer to LBV as a real city, though!

cdunbar

Lake Buena Vista doesn't exist! It's a fictitious "pseudo-place" carved out so Disney could set its own municipal codes! Real people don't live there, just Disney employees! I'm ending all these sentences with exclamation points to make it seem like I care about this issue more than I really do! I still refuse to refer to LBV as a real city, though!
Nice exclamation points....:D

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm going to Disney World (Orlando, FL) in June and I've been hearing rumors about several ghosts that have been seen at some of the attractions. I really hope someone can inform me about what I've been hearing. I plan to take several pictures while there, so if I see any strange figures or objects in the pictures, I will be sure to post them. I've been to Disney World 16 times already and I've never heard anything about the haunting until now. Please help me find the truth! Thanks :)

Jessica

you either go to heaven or hell no matter what you believe, even if your religion is different or you have no religion, there is no such thing as ghosts. after you die, you dont stay.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
you either go to heaven or hell no matter what you believe, even if your religion is different or you have no religion, there is no such thing as ghosts. after you die, you dont stay.

o but thats what ur religiousity says :p (im just kidding please lets not start a whole religious heaven/hell debate thing here and just stick with the ghost stories)...

But please insted of debateing if ghosts are real or not! Lets all just relax and just go on as if we were all camping in the woods sitting around a campfire late at night telling ghost stories :shrug:

if you belive them belive them then belive them and keep reading and enjoy and join in the fun... if not then let us have our fun and read a different interesting thread here on WDWmagic because this is one of the most interesting threads to pop up for a few weeks and its this kind of thread that keeps me and others learking and ocassionaly posting so lets just have some fun ok?... there is my 2 cense now im gona go back to lerking :D

Wilt Dasney

By the way...just to weigh on the "science vs. faith" debate...they don't always have to be mutually exclusive.

I recently read a pretty interesting interview with Dr. Michael Grosso, head of the Division of Perceptual Studies at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.

Grosso's department has spent years archiving carefully documented cases of people who claim to have encountered ghosts/spirits/whatever. Some of them can be easily dismissed (people claiming to encounter loved ones who recently died), but others are a lot tougher to explain away...like when the perceived apparition has no real relation to the person encountering it, but the person comes away with details about the person that are remarkably accurate.

In addition, certain aspects of quantum mechanics are leading many scientists toward a revamped thory of consciousness and its role in the universe. It's not inconceivable that consciousness as a primary element of reality that exists in ways we don't currently understand will one day be supported as we learn more about the rules of the quantum world.

Based on what I've read, I think it's a bit much to claim that science has proven definitively that any existence of consciousness beyond death is unfactual. I'm all for skepticism, but there's no need to turn it into dogmatism. Science, at its best, says "We don't know for sure, but here's what the evidence leads us to believe."

Dismissing all evidence for phenomena that aren't currently explainable by science doesn't mean the phenomena are false...or that science couldn't at some point have some better explanation for them which doesn't violate the laws of nature we already recognize.

imagineer boy

If you read a bit closer, you will note that I did not say that science is "very boring". I find that science is not without its charm and can be useful in many situations, but my statement implied that if one has nothing but blind faith in science, and believes that eveything and anything can be explained by it, then there are no mysteries left in the world and yes that would make this life very boring indeed.

Agreed 100%! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom