News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

Dman245

Do we anticipate these will have the same rules regarding resale DVC points as RR? I know I can use my first contract I bought resale at RR but not my second because I bought it a year later after they had changed some of the rules of resale. Also, will the resale of points from these new cabins have the same rules as RR where they can only be used at the home resort and not the other DVC resorts?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Do we anticipate these will have the same rules regarding resale DVC points as RR? I know I can use my first contract I bought resale at RR but not my second because I bought it a year later after they had changed some of the rules of resale. Also, will the resale of points from these new cabins have the same rules as RR where they can only be used at the home resort and not the other DVC resorts?
Anticipating yes to both questions.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
My biggest concern with this and point of confusion with this particular resort is that these buildings will definitely need to be fully replaced before 50 years, I guess that's covered without any additional assessments on owners?
Past cabins have had a 25ish year life so one planned replacement at year 25 should allow to owners through two 25 year cabins, and then we'll see what happens at 50 years. I'd expect the replacement cost to be built into budget, I guess capital improvement budget. They can grow it over +20 years to not make a burden on dues in any one particular year.

nickys

Premium Member
I have it an email. I suspect it went to all DVC members but I also may have signed up for an "interest list" and forgotten.
Thanks, I don’t get emails that can be considered as “marketing” - there’s some weird licensing issue about marketing to us in the U.K., although we can buy direct over the phone. We can’t even view any promotional videos on the website!

But I don’t think the email has gone out to all members, because there are a lot of people asking the same question on other forums too.

You would think the dates would be up on the website by now. It’s only a couple of weeks away!

nickys

Premium Member
Yes. This was confirmed in the documents filed recently about the Palmetto Trust.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Thanks, I don’t get emails that can be considered as “marketing” - there’s some weird licensing issue about marketing to us in the U.K., although we can buy direct over the phone. We can’t even view any promotional videos on the website!

But I don’t think the email has gone out to all members, because there are a lot of people asking the same question on other forums too.

You would think the dates would be up on the website by now. It’s only a couple of weeks away!
Screenshots to follow, if it helps:

Screenshot_20240116_123651_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_123729_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_123824_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_123847_Gmail~2.jpg

CaptainAmerica

A cabin in June 2024 is $551 Weekday / $580 Weekend.

A standard view room at POR those same dates is $339 / $342.

A resort view room at Wilderness Lodge is $614 / $615.

So a cabin was always much closer to a Deluxe price than a Moderate price.

Chip Chipperson

I have it an email. I suspect it went to all DVC members but I also may have signed up for an "interest list" and forgotten.
I got the same email and I definitely never signed up for any information about these cabins. I suspect that any DVC members who didn't receive one either will receive it eventually later today or live in a state or country with restrictions on what can and can't be sent to people unsolicited (may have to "opt in" to receiving marketing emails from a business rather than the usual "you're getting these unless you opt out" method most businesses use).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom