News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Dues are apparently $12.15 per point. Ouch
Absolutely hysterical. They almost had me.

Higher dues are the flip side of lower point charts. There are a lot of costs that are more difficult to hide in resorts with fewer points per night. I'm thinking housekeeping, security, insurance, and even resort activities are going to be more per point than other resorts. For example, with housekeeping the rooms require one bedroom cleaning time on studio point charts so it's going to cost more per point to clean.

ETA: I'd still be surprised to see it as high as rumored.

Indy_UK

That seems really high, like the highest aside from VB, higher than AKV. Wonder why it would be so high?

I don’t know timeshare law but if it’s a 50 year deed/ trust but these will probably be replaced every 25 years, could the higher dues cover the cost of replacements?

Also, could being pet friendly hint at more wear and tear?

I’m sure we will find out soon enough

CaptainAmerica

Higher dues are the flip side of lower point charts. There are a lot of costs that are more difficult to hide in resorts with fewer points per night. I'm thinking housekeeping, security, insurance, and even resort activities are going to be more per point than other resorts. For example, with housekeeping the rooms require one bedroom cleaning time on studio point charts so it's going to cost more per point to clean.
Still. The disconnect is enormous.

tissandtully

ETA: I'd still be surprised to see it as high as rumored.
Yeah, though guides usually know, but maybe they are like bus drivers lol.

CaptainAmerica

I don’t know timeshare law but if it’s a 50 year deed/ trust but these will probably be replaced every 25 years, could the higher dues cover the cost of replacements?
It definitely should, but is replacing a trailer every 25 years more expensive than the teardown refurbs that the other resorts get every 14 years?

tissandtully

"Campground clientele" can be found at any resort.
I mean, I watched someone leave their campsite full of garbage and sewage waste from their RV that was barely held together with duct tape. Yeah... campground clientele. Sorry if I offended Captain America by saying I don't like rude and people who don't clean up after themselves??

CaptainAmerica

"Campground clientele" can be found at any resort.
Episode 4 Movie GIF by Star Wars

ToTBellHop

I really am not a fan of the pool area at FW, it gets way too busy and some of the clientele is let's say... campground clientele. The one near the cabins is just a regular pool but much quieter.
They really should have an upgraded pool area exclusive to the DVC gated off like they do at Bay Lake. Don’t call the campground a moderate in 2023 and then pretend it has deluxe amenities in 2024. They decided not to just build a DVC at CBR and built a new deluxe. Should have done that here, too. I recognize that was Reflections.

Instead, they are going fast and cheap here. At least they recognize that with the points chart.

ToTBellHop

I mean, I watched someone leave their campsite full of garbage and sewage waste from their RV that was barely held together with duct tape. Yeah... campground clientele. Sorry if I offended Captain America by saying I don't like rude and people who don't clean up after themselves??
Yeah and the millionaires at the other DVCs throw their unused trash in the hallway “free to others” and post online expecting a pat on the back for leaving a jar of mayo in the hallway for someone to grab. Do you also want their lightly-peed-on umbrella stroller?!

The line between generous and trashy is rather fine.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah and the millionaires at the other DVCs throw their unused trash in the hallway “free to others” and post online expecting a pat on the back for leaving a jar of mayo in the hallway for someone to grab. Do you also want their lightly-peed-on umbrella stroller?!

The line between generous and trashy is rather fine.

I only take the Budweiser and Busch Light that’s been sitting unrefrigerated for who-knows-how-long.

CaptainAmerica

This might be my favorite post ever.

tissandtully

Yeah and the millionaires at the other DVCs throw their unused trash in the hallway “free to others” and post online expecting a pat on the back for leaving a jar of mayo in the hallway for someone to grab. The line between generous and trashy is rather fine.
Way different at the resort that has basic campsites where you can put a tent for relatively cheap for "staying on property", sorry, there are some trash people that go to FW, and I'm sure if you've seen or experienced what I have you would say the same thing. Not saying they are all, but it attracts a certain type of person who really doesn't care to follow rules. That's all I'm saying, geez, lol. I still like the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom