News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Details -
  • Disney Vacation Club has proposed plans to refresh the iconic Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness.
  • These plans would see the current accommodations replaced with more than 350 new cabins.
  • The updated cabins will not only utilize the footprint of the former abodes but will also include energy-efficient features, making them more environmentally friendly.
  • According to DVC, “Design concepts offer a fresh take on the current cabin experience and are inspired by the resort’s idyllic setting, while also paying homage to the resort’s unique culture and heritage through the magic of Disney storytelling.”
  • Each stand-alone cabin will sleep up to six adults and include a bedroom, bathroom, living room, full kitchen, and a private patio.
  • A select number of the new cabins will also be dog friendly.
  • As mentioned, the new cabins would become a DVC property.
  • However, Disney notes,”As with all Disney Vacation Club resorts, the proposed cabins will continue to be open for reservations to all guests, including those who are not Disney Vacation Club Members, based on availability.”
  • The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – A Disney Vacation Club Resort is currently projected to open in 2024
  • Other resort proposals include pool and walking trail enhancements.
Concept art -

FuKd_tfX0AAVAkx.jpeg

DisneyDreamer08

I have a client booked in the cabins for this November 2023. I’m assuming their booking will be honored and these refurbishments will be done in phases? I have another client looking to book in 2024 when packages are released. It’s not looking good for them I suppose. ☹️

PK2

I think they look nice (though a little too different/non Fort Wilderness for my taste). The idea of letting more light in is a good one.

However, I absolutely dread to think how much the price is going to go up. FW was the only remotely reasonably priced onsite accommodation with a kitchen that could suit my groups. If the price goes up in line with the other DVC resorts of the same nature it could be a 3x price increase. If that happens, I doubt I'll ever be able to stay there again.

Ayla

I think they look nice (though a little too different/non Fort Wilderness for my taste). The idea of letting more light in is a good one.

However, I absolutely dread to think how much the price is going to go up. FW was the only remotely reasonably priced onsite accommodation with a kitchen that could suit my groups. If the price goes up in line with the other DVC resorts of the same nature it could be a 3x price increase. If that happens, I doubt I'll ever be able to stay there again.
Why do you think they're adding DVC and jacking up the prices? They can't have reasonably priced accommodations!

CaptainAmerica

The cabins are unpopular?
Yes.

Find a cast member and ask them which rooms and resorts are often available for last-minute, steep employee discounts. They'll tell you Fort Wilderness cabins, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans royal rooms, Caribbean Beach (especially the pirate rooms when those were around), and sometimes Animal Kingdom Lodge.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes.

Find a cast member and ask them which rooms and resorts are often available for last-minute, steep employee discounts. They'll tell you Fort Wilderness cabins, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans royal rooms, Caribbean Beach (especially the pirate rooms when those were around), and sometimes Animal Kingdom Lodge.

So the solution they come up with is, make them more expensive, because the DVC addicts will pony up more money?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom