News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

CaptainAmerica

One more drawback to these cabins - and this could be a deal-breaker for families with small children - no bathtub! The description from DVCNews.com says that the bathroom will have a walk-in shower.
The big soaking tubs in the 1 bedrooms are awful for bathing children. I'd consider the shower a major upgrade.

Dranth

These certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea but my hope is that they relieve some of the pressure on the studios across property. For any family showing up with more than two people who don't want to pay 1br points, these could be an attractive alternative.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Points chart plz.

Here's 2024 and 2025.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 9.35.34 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 9.35.44 AM.png

tissandtully

My biggest concern with this and point of confusion with this particular resort is that these buildings will definitely need to be fully replaced before 50 years, I guess that's covered without any additional assessments on owners?

CaptainAmerica

My biggest concern with this and point of confusion with this particular resort is that these buildings will definitely need to be fully replaced before 50 years, I guess that's covered without any additional assessments on owners?
I think it will be cheaper to replace these than it will be to do the refurbs they do at the other properties. I would expect dues to actually be lower here than elsewhere, not higher.

Indy_UK

I know amenities are less but the points charts are pretty reasonable. From a quick glance, a week in August would be about the same as a 1 bedroom Value room at Jambo House.

Ayla

I know amenities are less but the points charts are pretty reasonable. From a quick glance, a week in August would be about the same as a 1 bedroom Value room at Jambo House.
AKL is a much better value than a tiny house stuck in the middle of pine trees with almost zero amenities.

Bocabear

If these are going into the old "Cabins At Fort Wilderness" section, then no...there is nothing convenient about them... EVERYTHING you would want to do is a very long walk or bus ride... If they are going to be in the old cabins location they at the very least, need their own pool complex. Walking from the Cabins to Crockett's Tavern is about the same distance as walking from Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom....

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Can I ask where Disney have announced the sales dates?
The DVC website has been really odd recently with information hard to find using the search function.
I have it an email. I suspect it went to all DVC members but I also may have signed up for an "interest list" and forgotten.

Disstevefan1

A good point I have heard is when they replace the cabins with these DVC Ikea little homes, it removes another moderate resort option, replacing it with deluxe resorts with MASSIVE rack prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom