News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

CaptainAmerica

I didn't realize the old ones were that as well.. Guess I am not picturing what they looked like.
They did have a faux-log facade but they were trailers under there.

1705436134338.png

tissandtully

Past cabins have had a 25ish year life so one planned replacement at year 25 should allow to owners through two 25 year cabins, and then we'll see what happens at 50 years. I'd expect the replacement cost to be built into budget, I guess capital improvement budget. They can grow it over +20 years to not make a burden on dues in any one particular year
Man, 25 years they are gonna be rough, hopefully some hard goods refurbishment are still planned if possible. Only last thing to be concerned about is a hurricane wiping them out and then the huge assessment from that like what happened with HHI. With that said, we're seriously considering adding on with these when they go on sale.

CaptainAmerica

Man, 25 years they are gonna be rough, hopefully some hard goods refurbishment are still planned if possible.
Of course. This is literally no different than the cabins that have been there for years and years and years. Here's an article from their last major refresh in 2016:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Man, 25 years they are gonna be rough, hopefully some hard goods refurbishment are still planned if possible. Only last thing to be concerned about is a hurricane wiping them out and then the huge assessment from that like what happened with HHI. With that said, we're seriously considering adding on with these when they go on sale.
I'd expect a hard goods refurbishment halfway through the 25ish year chunks and soft goods only between those. Something like:
2031: soft goods
2037: hard goods
2043: soft goods
2050: new cabins
2057: soft goods
2063: hard goods
2069: soft goods

thomas998

The cabins were never priced like Moderate hotel rooms, nor should they have been. Just like Family Suites at Art of Animation aren't priced like Value hotel rooms.
No, they were sometimes available at parity with moderates. Not always, but I know the first time used stayed their it was because they had one available for the entire time we were their while the moderate we had wanted was not. This was probably 15 years ago, but at that time they were the same price. I don't know if it was because they were on sale or what... but I do know I wouldn't have stayed if it cost more I would have just gone jumped moderates during the stay if need be.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
No, they were sometimes available at parity with moderates. Not always, but I know the first time used stayed their it was because they had one available for the entire time we were their while the moderate we had wanted was not. This was probably 15 years ago, but at that time they were the same price. I don't know if it was because they were on sale or what... but I do know I wouldn't have stayed if it cost more I would have just gone jumped moderates during the stay if need be.

Here are cabin rack rates in 2023:

And Coronado rack rates, which includes the tower rooms that I think are most expensive moderate rooms:

And Wilderness Lodge, to compare to a cheaper deluxe: https://www.mousesavers.com/2023-wilderness-lodge-room-rates-season-dates/

plutofan15

If these are going into the old "Cabins At Fort Wilderness" section, then no...there is nothing convenient about them... EVERYTHING you would want to do is a very long walk or bus ride... If they are going to be in the old cabins location they at the very least, need their own pool complex. Walking from the Cabins to Crockett's Tavern is about the same distance as walking from Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom....
They will be located at the current cabin locations. There is already a pool with a hot tub within the area where the cabins are located. It wouldn't take much to enhance it with a slide and a snack bar similar to what they have at the pools within Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Both of those have potentially long walks to the main pool and dining areas which the cabins will as well. The pool near the cabin areas is much better than the pool within the Treehouse complex and the walk from the Treehouses to the main dining/swimming at Saratoga Springs is extremely long as well and through the middle of a golf course. Plus at the cabins there is always the option to rent a golf cart to get around - if it fits your budget. Considering the setup of the swimming/dining options which exist at OKW and SSR, the cabin locations will not be an issue.

Last edited:

tissandtully

They will be located at the current cabin locations. There is already a pool with a hot tub within the area where the cabins are located. It wouldn't take much to enhance it with a slide and a snack bar similar to what is they have at the pools within Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Both of those have potentially long walks to the main pool and dining areas which the cabins will as well. The pool near the cabin areas is much better than the pool within the Treehouse complex and the walk from the Treehouses to the main dining/swimming at Saratoga Springs is extreme long as well and through the middle of a course. Plus at the cabins there is always the option to rent a golf cart to get around - if it fits your budget. Considering the setup of the swimming/dining options which exist at OKW and SSR, the cabin locations will not be an issue.
I really am not a fan of the pool area at FW, it gets way too busy and some of the clientele is let's say... campground clientele. The one near the cabins is just a regular pool but much quieter.

plutofan15

I really am not a fan of the pool area at FW, it gets way too busy and some of the clientele is let's say... campground clientele. The one near the cabins is just a regular pool but much quieter.
Agreed. When we stayed in the cabins, we mostly went to the quite pool except when the kids needed a slide fix. But to be truthful, quite a few of the "campground clientele" are camping in motor coaches which cost almost as much as my house. Some big money there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom