Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

BrightImagine

Is this announcement related to Kevin Yee's new post today about CarsLand replacing Avatar? Are these pieces of news one in the same?

I have been baffled by the negativity about Avatar... not because I really want Avatar, but because I want the AK to have SOMETHING. It's such a beautiful park, with even more amazing vistas than the MK, and I just want it to have some nighttime activities to complement its beauty. Therefore, for me, the implication that CarsLand is "replacing" Avatar is a big letdown... because it leaves AK out in the cold.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Agreed DAK needs something. Although I would favor some sort of Adventurers Land. Think of the AC, MM, 20K, MI, IJ, DB, etc etc mash-up crafted by JR. That is how you spend half a billion or more and get something that will compete against Potter. Versions 1 and 2. IMO.

PS- and with this we could keep you AvLand acronym!
I'm all for the MI plan above anything.

But right now I'd be happy with some bamboo and working lasers in Dinosaur....

And a Yeti that doesn't just dance to disco.

KevinYee

Is this announcement related to Kevin Yee's new post today about CarsLand replacing Avatar? Are these pieces of news one in the same?

Remember my post is speculation, primarily about the timing of the two projects. I don't have confirmation that they are linked to each other, but I did hear of some confirmation that Cars Land really is under heavier development than we all thought.

UberMouse

Avatarland was/is a knee jerk reaction to WWOHP imo. I would much rather see AK end up with something different that has been missing from WDW for a while. I think a submarine ride much like 20KL but in an actual aquarium showing off the under the sea side of a true AK. A little bit of adventure could be added as well to give it some drama.
\
As you can probably tell, I am still a little sore about 20KL being taken out.

BrightImagine

Remember my post is speculation, primarily about the timing of the two projects. I don't have confirmation that they are linked to each other, but I did hear of some confirmation that Cars Land really is under heavier development than we all thought.

Thank you Kevin... it's a very good piece of logic and detective work, and it makes perfect sense. That's why it seems as good as confirmation.

phi2134

I am forever losing faith in news reporting, most of it is just jack-uped stories with eye catching headline teasers that mean absolutely nothing in regards to what the article is about. Seems like news channels will do anything to get viewers attentions even if they will let them down or actually report on nothing.

jensenrick

I am forever losing faith in news reporting, most of it is just jack-uped stories with eye catching headline teasers that mean absolutely nothing in regards to what the article is about. Seems like news channels will do anything to get viewers attentions even if they will let them down or actually report on nothing.

Especially when they can just regurgitate spoonfed info from Disney

lazyboy97o

rnese

New "Meet and Greet" and some new "experience" thingy where you point a cell phone at stuff! Boy, can't wait to go back.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Rasvar

The only thing I saw on local6.com was a report about Avatar being delayed in DHS quoting the IGN article. Not sure there is anything there that has already not been beat to death here. Certainly not going to hold an announcement that the vaporware project has vaporized.

cynic710

I have been baffled by the negativity about Avatar... not because I really want Avatar, but because I want the AK to have SOMETHING. It's such a beautiful park, with even more amazing vistas than the MK, and I just want it to have some nighttime activities to complement its beauty. Therefore, for me, the implication that CarsLand is "replacing" Avatar is a big letdown... because it leaves AK out in the cold.

This is right on...

I too think avatarland would be huge for AK. i understand the flack around it not being disney, but was star wars? indiana jones? the vessle in which avatarland would become could transform the park, bring it into the night and even allow for a place other than epcot for imagineers to stretch their creative arms with new technologies, rides and experiences. im all for avatarland.

moreover, what would carsland have to do with AK? HS would make the most sense, as pixar already has a footprint in that park. AK needs this.

weedles

The Star Wars aspect world be a Mini Land, and at Legoland Mini Land is not a descriptor of a small land but the name of the area featuring Lego models built at a scale larger than a typical Lego set. Neat, but nothing really big.

Thank you for the explanation! That was the only expansion news for the area that I could find on the local news site along with the Avatar delay tidbit. Thought maybe the teaser indicating expansion while for Orlando wasnt necessarily wdw :oops:

Rasvar

I was never cheering it to be gone. I actually had hoped they would be able to come up with something. I was always afraid they would not be able to come to an agreement on what to do. Cameron is not the easiest to work with. While they say delayed, not a whole lot of projects that were "delayed" came back to life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom