Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

WDWmazprty

Here's the article:

Hold Your Horses on that Fourth Avatar
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/hold-your-horses-on-that-fourth-avatar

Avatar 4 is still a ways off, even by Avatar sequel standards.
September 4, 2012
by Max Nicholson
Remember back in June when James Cameron announced that he would be shooting three Avatar sequels simultaneously? Well, now it seems that the filmmaker may have been getting a little ahead of himself.
Indie Wire reports that Avatar 4 will not be a part of Cameron's back-to-back film shoot, according to producer Jon Landau. Additionally, it is still uncertain when production for Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 will begin as the former is currently slated for release no earlier than 2015.
The delays carry over into Cameron's World of Avatar attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom, which was announced around this time last year. Due to creative differences between Cameron and Disney's Imagineer development team, it seems as though we'll be waiting even longer on

luv

So . . . the expansion news for Fantasmic is . . . more seats?!? o_O
No, the news was a teaser about an announcement that is supposed to be made later today. There was nothing new except that there will be more seats for Fantasmic (which could be wrong, it's the news, lol).

wiigirl

Anyone have any clear details?
75.gif

luv

A lot of people saw the fake Rhode FB page but that did not make it real. Fooled a lot of folks though.o_O
Again, not getting your point. Are you saying Channel Six was lying and that there will not be an announcement? Or do you think the OP and I made up the fact that this was on the news?

Please just say what you're saying.

jt04

Again, not getting your point. Are you saying Channel Six was lying and that there will not be an announcement? Or do you think the OP and I made up the fact that this was on the news?

Please just say what you're saying.

I think there could be some announcements today. I missed that bit of news concerning AvLand though..

luv

I think there could be some announcements today. I missed that bit of news in the article though.
Ok, if you don't want to make a point, don't. I don't get the point of going on and on without making one, but it's a free country.

Whether or not you saw something online, Channel Six reported that there will be a two-part announcement today about changes at Fantasmic, including more seats, and the new night show at MK. They also talked about the IGN thing.

SirLink

Except more and and more I hear this one is dead. And I'm on record saying I hope it does happen. DAK needs it. Fast.

Don't those myopic bean counters realise that if they do their grand plans at DHS, that DAK and Epcot hit hard? You would think they would have backup plans that are in the glass case with 'Break for use in emergencies!' ?

jt04

Except more and and more I hear this one is dead. And I'm on record saying I hope it does happen. DAK needs it. Fast.

Agreed DAK needs something. Although I would favor some sort of Adventurers Land. Think of the AC, MM, 20K, MI, IJ, DB, etc etc mash-up crafted by JR. That is how you spend half a billion or more and get something that will compete against Potter. Versions 1 and 2. IMO.

PS- and with this we could keep you AvLand acronym!

jt04

That link never says "underway" at all. It says "in the works."
Big difference.

The two sequels are in fact in a holding pattern, as is the AK project. IGN's report is correct.

Have you heard anything about announcements today?

righttrack

I'm not sure about Avatar's place in the parks. It's just an OK film that looks great. I wish WDW would expand it's use of the Star Wars franchise and make a bigger "land" out of that. The only thing bigger than Harry Potter is Star Wars! Also, continue the Pixar path. If you look at what is popular, with staying power, WDW already has those.

AS for AK, and how to expand AK, you've got to make one more E-Ticket and that E-Ticket can tell it's own story (like Expedition Everest and the Safaris do already). There are stories the movies tell and stories the parks can tell. WDW does best when it does both of those things. I would look at taking the Asian stack and separating it a bit. Combining India/China into one region is too much. Make something for India, a new E-Ticket perhaps, and a land and an Indian sit-down restaurant and some snacks, as India has lots of street food.

FrankLapidus

That link never says "underway" at all. It says "in the works."
Big difference.

The two sequels are in fact in a holding pattern, as is the AK project. IGN's report is correct.

The land isn't dependent on the sequels though, right? A lot has been said about Avatarland not being based on the story of the film but on the planet and evnironment it is set in so surely they could have pushed ahead with it if they'd wanted, regardless of whatever is happening with the sequels. It was always inevitable that "creative differences" would crop up between Disney and Cameron so it will be interesting to see whether they can be overcome. Personally, I'm hoping they can't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom