Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

EPCOT Explorer

What I have to say on this:

I think you guys are missing the BEAUTIFUL detail of this deal.

Anyone who travels around Orlando or watches Universal's commercials knows that Universal's marketing is 75% Spiderman and Hulk.

By making the affair public, now everytime someone sees hulk in the next ten years will think DISNEY BOUGHT THAT. And Cast Members will note that Universal and Disney are mixed up by THOUSANDS of visitors a week.

Now when they drive down I-4 and see a Billboard with the Hulk that says SCREAM LOUDER....

Where do you bet they'll think that stuff is?

:drevil:
And suddenly DHS is filled with people asking for a Spiderman ride.:lookaroun

Movies and Themes again...

Mr.EPCOT

Anyways, trying not to hijack the thread, but I thought I remember reading (years ago) that Marvel and DC combined? Or am I imagining that?

They've had several crossovers over the years. What you might be thinking of is an event from ten-fifteen years ago, where the heroes from both brands were forced to battle each other, and resulted in the two realities being merged, creating the Amalgam Universe. It was a fusion of both, for example Batman was combined with Wolverine. They ran one issue of each new hero (or team, in one or two cases) under the Amalgam banner, after which the overall storyline resumed and ended with them being split back into their proper forms and universes.

DC and Marvel have had a wonderful tradition of crossovers, all of which have been excellently written and drawn, I hope the Disney merge doesn't change any of that.

SirGoofy

They've had several crossovers over the years. What you might be thinking of is an event from ten-fifteen years ago, where the heroes from both brands were forced to battle each other, and resulted in the two realities being merged, creating the Amalgam Universe. It was a fusion of both, for example Batman was combined with Wolverine. They ran one issue of each new hero (or team, in one or two cases) under the Amalgam banner, after which the overall storyline resumed and ended with them being split back into their proper forms and universes.

DC and Marvel have had a wonderful tradition of crossovers, all of which have been excellently written and drawn, I hope the Disney merge doesn't change any of that.

Agreed. The cross overs were awesome.

Joker teaming with Carnage= EPIC :sohappy:

Tinkyroo

I don't want Marvel in my Disney parks!

and I LOVE the Marvel characters.

Me neither! :fork: :hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

The thought of having Marvel characters at WDW is not only worse than having Stitch there but IMHO would cheapen WDW overall. The worst thing I have ever heard! They do not belong there and never will belong there! :mad:

SirGoofy

The thought of having Marvel characters at WDW is not only worse than having Stitch there but IMHO would cheapen WDW overall. The worst thing I have ever heard! They do not belong there and never will belong there! :mad:

I've said it once, I'll say it again...

And Indiana Jones, Star Wars, The Twilight Zone, and Aerosmith do?

The Conundrum

Well I hope your not around when they announce the NEW Marvel based Tomorrowland.

Stitch will be replaced with an Incredible Hulk Encounter!

sWANNISAX

:O They didn't need to! Spiderman is their IoA park signature! They didn't need to do anything with Marvel because what they did was so awesome and fans loved it.

Yes, but that was 10 years ago. They havent added anything to the area since or for most of the park up until Harry Potter. Spider-man while still a great ride was starting to show its age 2 years ago when I was there. Don't get me wrong it is still one of my all time favorite rides, but Universal hasn't seemed interested in developing the area and frankly the Marvel brand could lend itself to a lot more impressive and immersive ride than just spider-man. An X-Men Danger Room could be amazing.

New York Street in DHS would be perfect for the Marvel area since NYC is so important to the Marvel mythos.

Tinkyroo

I've said it once, I'll say it again...

And Indiana Jones, Star Wars, The Twilight Zone, and Aerosmith do?

I do not even like going to HS. At least they are all contained to that park. Maybe have the 5th gate be Marvel Kingdom. I just don't want them in MK or Epcot.

Disneyfan1981

Justice_Toons_by_TheMightyGeek.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

I wonder about Disney crossovers, now...:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

I swear...The more I read of these integration ideas...

The more this comes up...

comic%20book%20guy.jpg

Fanboys!!!:rolleyes::mad::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: :lookaroun

And with that, goodnight!:wave::lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom