Disney to buy back Disney Store chain

jiminyfan

Any word on if the Cincinnati, OH location at Tri-county mall is closing? I couldn't find it on the list:shrug:

Yes, they are closing as well. They were on the original list, from beginning as was Florence, KY. But Florence and Fairfield Commons apparently switched. We have alreday been turned over to liquidators as has Tri-county. My Store Manager is heartbroken, 13 years with company.

yoda_5729

According to the local news Rockford's Cherry Vale location, it's only location in the town is closing it's doors in 7 weeks :(:cry::cry::cry:

I'm gonna miss it

celticdog

According to the local news Rockford's Cherry Vale location, it's only location in the town is closing it's doors in 7 weeks :(:cry::cry::cry:

I'm gonna miss it

The same thing is happening here in Richmond, VA. The only store in town is closing. Liquidation begins Monday and is expected to take between 6 and 7 weeks.

I too will miss it. I feel for those who are losing their jobs. I've become good friends with many of the cast members. I will miss them as well.:cry:

tigger248

Yes, they are closing as well. They were on the original list, from beginning as was Florence, KY. But Florence and Fairfield Commons apparently switched. We have alreday been turned over to liquidators as has Tri-county. My Store Manager is heartbroken, 13 years with company.

Ah...ya'll are in my district! I'm so sorry that your stores are closing! I don't know what I'd do if I were in that situation. I work at Oxmoor and so far we haven't been told anything yet.

BigB911

I just checked with my local store, and they are, in fact closing:(

However, there is 1 in the Pittsburgh area staying open. And, contrary to a previous post, the one that is staying open is in a Simon Mall.

Keith_WaterTank

I'm sorry but where is the list that everyone is talking about?

The list is really pretty void anymore, the stores know if they are closing, and if they are will be closed in about 8-10 weeks.

I just got a letter today from the Disney Company and it was pretty generic but it said that if i was terminated due to my store was closing by 7/25 (which it isn't, thankfully) that I wouldn't be eligible for the disney severance package.

This basically means that the stores will be closed by the end of July if they are due to close. :-( so sad.

However! I was very excited to learn that my new sign in number is my old PERNER# from my WDW CP! :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm sorry but where is the list that everyone is talking about?

• Go to http://chapter11.epiqsystems.com/
  • navigate to Hoop Retail Stores
  • select docket on the top of their page
  • navigate to docket 91 (page 28)
  • select images
  • download exhibit b document#6
  • see Annex G for a list of remaining stores.
Which from what I understand means that these stores will remain with Hoop and not be transferring to Disney, so will be closing.

Bug715

Ah...ya'll are in my district! I'm so sorry that your stores are closing! I don't know what I'd do if I were in that situation. I work at Oxmoor and so far we haven't been told anything yet.

I'm hoping that since we've all been given positions by Disney and have had to re-fill out paperwork and get ID pictures taken that we'll stay open. I don't think that Disney would have us do all that extra stuff (and I'm sure its more work for them) if they were just going to close us.

TinkerCarol

Disney Stores owned by Disney again since last Thursday!

Just got back from the Disney Store in Lombard, Illinois. As of Last Thursday, Disney Stores are owned by Disney again! Words of the store manager!

elizs77

• Go to http://chapter11.epiqsystems.com/
  • navigate to Hoop Retail Stores
  • select docket on the top of their page
  • navigate to docket 91 (page 28)
  • select images
  • download exhibit b document#6
  • see Annex G for a list of remaining stores.
Which from what I understand means that these stores will remain with Hoop and not be transferring to Disney, so will be closing.

Yuck-o. This would mean that all of the stores in this area are closing, including the store of my first job ever! :cry:

lilo091701

That is not a correct list

The list was sent to store today!! All stores by now have been notified...so if you have not then you are staying open. Stores that are closing are starting liquidation sale on Monday and all sales are final!!

SSE

I was wondering if there were any Disney Store Cast Members from CT that would know if the Disney Store in Meriden would be closing. It was on the list of stores remaining with Hoop when the list was released, but since some stores on that list have been saved, I was wondering if possibly this one would be too.

jiminyfan

I'm hoping that since we've all been given positions by Disney and have had to re-fill out paperwork and get ID pictures taken that we'll stay open. I don't think that Disney would have us do all that extra stuff (and I'm sure its more work for them) if they were just going to close us.

Yes, they would. We did all the papers and pictures, and we where told Weds that are store is closing. Somebody said they will still get us id's since we will be open another 4 to 6 weeks, but since we no longer get a discount starting Monday, I doubt they will. I think ours has something to do with the stupid Mall, we were on the supposeded list to stay open, then Thursday we had a sign saying this location closing on the door sign and the Mall told my manager that we couldn't do that because it looks bad for the Mall.

wedway71

Crap.....They are closing Greenwood Mall and Cirlce Center in Indy.

Now onLY Ft Wayne and Merryville in the state of Indiana.:eek:

wedway71

What about Castleton location??

Only Ft Wayne and Merryville will be only 2 stores in the entire state.

I can kinda see Circle Center closing.Cirlce Center is a more touristy mall and a Teen Hangout so Disney Store may not do all that well.

But Greenwood was more in the Burbs and was always busy. Oh Well.

BTW-I Thought about ya other day...I was reading an article about an EX Regional LP Manager for Disney Store.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom