Disney to buy back Disney Store chain

tigger248

We were told that we can not use our discount at Liquidation stores and that the CM from those stores can not use their discount at stores that are staying open!!:eek::cry:

That seems rediculous! What a horrible way of saying thanks to all those people who stayed and stuck with their stores until the bitter end. A TDS CM should be able to get their discount from any remaining Disney Store regardless of whether their home store is staying open or in the process of closing! :shrug:

Belle218

The thing is, the stores that are closing are NOT owned by Disney. They were bought by the liquidating company. These CMs will not be getting IDs. I know it is horrible and I feel very lucky my store is staying open, but that is the way things were explained to our cast. My SM wanted to go help one store in our district that is closing, but she can't because they are not owned by Disney. TDS will not be able to take back anything bought from a liquidated store either. All sales will be final. No returns or exchanges at a Disney owned store. We had to read the entire MIB regading it.

wdwfan100

I loved the original Stores. My wife and I went there once a week. I must say I had quite a nice collection of disney clothes. Sadly they don't quite fit anymore. They must have shrunk in the wash.:shrug:

BigB911

We stopped at our Disney store today at Century III mall in West Mifflin, PA. Sadly, it is closing. So we went looking for some good deals. Everything is marked 20-40% off right now. I noticed that all the princess dresses were gone, except a few Cinderella's and a cute Minnie Mouse outfit. We were hoping to snag a Sleeping Beauty dress.

We did get a Little Mermaid Beach towel ($8), matching Minnie & Mickey beach towels ($6), several T's for the DD ($4/piece I think), and some other stuff...walked out with a huge bag and only spent $40!:D

Behind the registers, they have this "scene" of the 3 Little Pigs & Big Bad Wolf statues...I asked what they are going to do with them. They said they have to destroy:eek: them when the store closes because they are owned by Disney. Looks like there'll be some dumpster diving in my future!:drevil:

Still, I'm very sad that my store is closing. We are there at least once a month, if not more. And the CM's said that their sales blow the other area stores out of the water.

wedway71

Are Disney Store CMs being told not to tell the general public that there store is closing?
I was in my local DS,which was on the closing list.I saw no liquidation signs and I asked one of the Mgrs and they abrubtly said they were not closing.I did hear them talking about last week a 40% sale which I was not sure if it was the liquidation sale.
The store did look a bit run down as if they were told not to bother with carpet cleaning etc.

Anyone?

lilo091701

All stores that do not have liquidation sales (All Sales Final) are staying open!! Last week we had a "Take an additional 40% off clearance" sale. It had been going on for about 3 weeks and then we just took additional markdowns on the merchandise last Wed. We do have great prices right now (stores that are staying open). New Summer is coming out this week!!! Also word has it that we will see "NEW WDW BOUGHT" merchandise sooner than later!!!!:animwink::sohappy: VERY EXCITING!!!!!!

wedway71

Here are some of my questions.....

Disney Store-about 225 Stores.

A-Will there be a new renewed Uniform?
B- Will the stores that remain open get a new Design?
C-Will there be some sort of major PR push welcoming Disney Store back to the Disney Family?
D-Where is the most current list of closures? My local store was on the chopping block but now seems to be staying open. If the store is closing,will there actually be signage that states Liquidation in process or or show any indication it is closing?
My local one needs new carpet really bad so I figured maybe they held off since closing but now staying open I hope is getting new fresh carpet.

lilo091701

We Hope!!!

Here are some of my questions.....

Disney Store-about 225 Stores.

A-Will there be a new renewed Uniform?
B- Will the stores that remain open get a new Design?
C-Will there be some sort of major PR push welcoming Disney Store back to the Disney Family?
D-Where is the most current list of closures? My local store was on the chopping block but now seems to be staying open. If the store is closing,will there actually be signage that states Liquidation in process or or show any indication it is closing?
My local one needs new carpet really bad so I figured maybe they held off since closing but now staying open I hope is getting new fresh carpet.

A=We were told that yes there will probably be new uniforms (in the works I am sure).
B=Old stores will probably get either a refresh or redesign. I am in a Pixie Dust store (I am one of 5 in the company). This was one of the problems with TCP...they did not do the redesigns as fast and like they said they would!!!!
C=I hope they would do a PR push to welcome us back!!!!! Although they have been very good to us already and it has already been 18 days!! I am already covered under insurance (even got my card),got my Silver Pass and my direct deposit has already been put through (took TCP 6 weeks to do my direct deposit)!!!!!!
D=Stores have the most current closing lists because we are not to accept any returns from those stores!!! And yes you would definitely know if your local store is a liquidation store because there would be a front doorway sign as well as LOTS of black,yellow and red signs stating sale prices and All Sales Final!!!!

Keith_WaterTank

There will be new uniforms, yes. TDS is phasing out the current logo in favor for a new one, but we do not know what the new logo is at this point.

We can suspect it will be similar to the old one (a full body mickey, as opposed to just the ears), but this is strictly speculation.

wedway71

Im just glad that Disney picked James Fielding as President rather than looking outside the company.Past Presidents like Peter Whitford and Tom Parks were from other retailers.They did what they knew which was sell,sell,sell,sell but failed to grasp what Disney was truly about. Making magical memories and I think the "Project Go" was the nail that sealed the coffin for DS.

If Disney is smart this time they will use DS as more of a marketing tool with high Synergy to tie in other biz units like theme parks and films/animations but also be able to turn a profit by selling Disney Merchandise as well.

Rosso11

Its very sad that so many stores are closing but I was wondering if there will be an auction or sale of the display pieces in the stores after they close? Many of the stores have such great statues of charaters that are on display especially some of the older stores. Im sure many people would love to get some of those as great memories of the Disney stores. Since it seems a liquidation company took over the closing stores this is usually general procedure to sell everything including the displays.

I went to the one in my area two weeks ago and really understood again why they closed so many....

Sorry...but the quality of the merchandise is not very high. Some of the stuffed animals are okay, but overall it's very cheap stuff. Had they had better merchandise, then it might have made a difference originally, but they opted to go with lower end merchandise.

Every Christmas I would go to our Disney store and buy all of the ornaments! Ours went out about a year ago now! So no new additions to our tree for a while! BTW, I wish I would have thought to go to the dumpster. Our store had SO much in it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom