Disney to buy back Disney Store chain

Bug715

Yes, they would. We did all the papers and pictures, and we where told Weds that are store is closing. Somebody said they will still get us id's since we will be open another 4 to 6 weeks, but since we no longer get a discount starting Monday, I doubt they will. I think ours has something to do with the stupid Mall, we were on the supposeded list to stay open, then Thursday we had a sign saying this location closing on the door sign and the Mall told my manager that we couldn't do that because it looks bad for the Mall.

Well I just found out that for sure we are staying open!! YAY! But they've hired so many new people since last summer it doesn't look like I'll get many hours!! grrr. Luckily I'm getting a second job.

lilo091701

More hours to come????

We are thinking with closing so many stores and WDW wanting us to get up to their standards (because we all know TCP was not very strict with this) that we maybe getting more hours in the near future. I think we will have a whole new orientation per say and newer way of doing things....the WDW way of running the TDS.

wedway71

I wonder what will come now.Some of the stores got the Mickey Prototype remodels which were a design from CP.Will the stores get all remodeled again for a new Disney owned design with different uniforms etc?

Bug715

I wonder what will come now.Some of the stores got the Mickey Prototype remodels which were a design from CP.Will the stores get all remodeled again for a new Disney owned design with different uniforms etc?

I doubt that they'd redo all stores, but who knows. From what my managers said when I was in town this weekend the uniforms were very CP so they're thinking we'll get new ones.

DisneyMagic93

They are closing my store

Hi,

I'm new to this board, sadly they are closing my store I've been with the Disney company for 14years and been with my store for 3. I think our rent was too high at the mall and that is why we were picked to close. we were always number 3 or 4 in our district out of 9 or 8 stores. It's a sad day. :cry:

tigger248

Hi,

I'm new to this board, sadly they are closing my store I've been with the Disney company for 14years and been with my store for 3. I think our rent was too high at the mall and that is why we were picked to close. we were always number 3 or 4 in our district out of 9 or 8 stores. It's a sad day. :cry:

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

I'm so sorry that yours and so many other stores are closing. Tis a sad day indeed...

Dreamstuff

I can't wait to see what Disney will do to fix what the childrens place did...I have a World of Disney by me so I'm used to the Disney Controlled environment!

lilo091701

There was a post on here where I read about UK trying something new with costumes....bright colored shirts?????

That could be cool!!!!

I agree the red shirts aren't very fun!!!!!

Bug715

Please ...oh please... replace the uncomfortable red shirt!!!!

But please not shorts and such!!! I draw the line there.... I told my manager that the other day and she said "You wore a skirt, blouse, and tie in Disney." I said "Working in Disney World makes that ok."

jiminyfan

Hi,

I think ours was the same reason, the lease. They won't even let us put out the store closing sign. Makes the Mall look bad they said. Has anybody that's store is closing heard if they are still issueing us id's, at least till the store closes. I've heard yes from other cast members, but they are just guessing and my ASM is still not giving much info, not sure if doesn't know or still hush, hush.

lilo091701

Not Heard Yet

We really have not been notified of CM benefits??? My store is staying open but I do know that all the closing stores are now being ran by a Liquidation Management Company (Havoc???(spelling)). So I would address all questions to them.

Seems like you would for the next 3 weeks though....don't know when ID's will arrive though!!!! Maybe with the 7 boxes of New Hire Information we will be getting this week:veryconfu:veryconfu:)

DisneyMagic93

I think ours was the same reason, the lease. They won't even let us put out the store closing sign. Makes the Mall look bad they said. Has anybody that's store is closing heard if they are still issueing us id's, at least till the store closes. I've heard yes from other cast members, but they are just guessing and my ASM is still not giving much info, not sure if doesn't know or still hush, hush.

I haven't heard. I know my SM is trying to find out. Right now we don't even know if we can use our discount in other Disney Stores while ours is closeing. :mad:

DisneyMagic93

We really have not been notified of CM benefits??? My store is staying open but I do know that all the closing stores are now being ran by a Liquidation Management Company (Havoc???(spelling)). So I would address all questions to them.

Seems like you would for the next 3 weeks though....don't know when ID's will arrive though!!!! Maybe with the 7 boxes of New Hire Information we will be getting this week:veryconfu:veryconfu:)

This has been such an awful thing to go through with the Liquidation company. :(

lilo091701

We were told that we can not use our discount at Liquidation stores and that the CM from those stores can not use their discount at stores that are staying open!!:eek::cry:

TheDisneyGirl02

We were told that we can not use our discount at Liquidation stores and that the CM from those stores can not use their discount at stores that are staying open!!:eek::cry:

Wow...that is not right. If they are sending IDs for everyone, regardless of the store status, CMs should be able to use their Cast IDs at stores that are remaining open. I do love Disney but sometimes I wonder... :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom