Disney Survey on implementing a $15 resort fee

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Paging @sshindel yet another so called survey which boots respondents who use social media. More collection of so called data to support a predetermined outcome
It could also be that they can use social media to gather data about people who post there, and want to use the survey to gain views into those opinions that are not readily available. Or, the survey had already been received and completed by the preset number of people who answered yes, so the number of responses needed to ensure equal measurements Had already been met. Pretty simple, standard, and non-nefarious reasons to limit response demographics or specifically target demographics who cannot be reached elsewhere.
For example, at work, we have a whole lot of data about our customers. Tons. We have 0 visibility into those who decide not to buy with us. Looking for ways to gain understanding into those people is a large undertaking to try and reduce known bias from our data, rather than to introduce bias as you tend to believe is happening.

lostpro9het

And using a $350 rate at the Polynesian. Can you even come close to that anymore?

Better than asking $750+15 I guess for them to skew it
During "Value Season", but still not really close:
Poly.jpg

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Paging @sshindel yet another so called survey which boots respondents who use social media. More collection of so called data to support a predetermined outcome
And I've never said a word against targeted data collection because it's standard practice. I used to take surveys at lunchtime, do enough of them and get a few hotel points and such. More often than not, by the time I finished some demographic questions, ethnicity, income, have I purchased widget X recently, I was stopped from taking the rest of the survey because they had already received enough answers in my demographic. When designing a survey, in order to properly measure results (and depending on the experiment design), it often makes sense to limit or target a specific group. It can allow you to speak with relative certainty using specific measures that are designed to test that group. Designing a survey to only return answers you want to hear goes so directly against what people who do qualitative research do that nearly any researcher would refuse to send out a purposefully biased experiment.
I digress.
The practice which I say seems to be heavily reported by you is that they routinely send out surveys that do not allow you any means to respond negatively. These, if they exist, seem to happen with so little frequency that one or two people report them, followed by 10 people who say they received the same survey and it did allow for negative feedback. That is the one I disagree with you about.

jmmc

I didn't really complain too much about the prices on the tickets rising. It happens. What are you gonna do? But making people pay more for what is touted as one of the Disney hotels' big advantages is just terrible. Is there a large amount of people out there not taking advantage of those perks? Nearly everyone staying does, I'm sure. I mean, even talking to newbies about staying at a Disney hotel, I point out some of those perks as a good reason.

Though what's weird is, people would probably be less annoyed by hotels rates just being raised, because, again, it happens.

Por-Favor-Manténgase

This is the same money grab that happened with Magic Your Way. Let's take all the items that used to be included (Park hopping, water park access, Disney quest) and make them line item paid options.

Of course this will masquerade as a "benefit" to guests. You can either pay $20 per day to park at a theme Park, or for $5 less, parking is included plus you get all these magical extras

CJR

I have written and spoken with politicians about such fees as I think they should either be completely illegal or forced to work into the advertising rates since there is no way to avoid them. Since nothing has really be done to stop or limit them, I have made an effort to thoroughly research hotels before I stay at them and will even spend more money, in some cases, to stay at a hotel that has honest rates. I rarely stay at Disney's hotels anyway due to the high cost and depleting value, but I would most likely follow my rule on those as well if they did such a thing.

Now, I don't consider Lowes parking fees a resort fee, because you can avoid a parking fee. Any type of fee that cannot be avoided, should be worked into the base rate, in my opinion. If Disney really wants to charge a fee for something, either unbundle these features (charge for parking, wifi, emh, magical express) or raise rates, which are already being purchased by people who are not looking for a value.

That's my two cents. I get there's people that would think differently and they do or otherwise resort fees wouldn't be a thing, but I personally find them immoral.

As a visitor from the UK we have been to WDW 7 times in the last 10 years. We have always stayed on site at moderate or deluxe. This resort fee would definitely deter me from booking on site at Disney again. The "Magic" has slowly but surely been disappearing over the years. Guests already pay a premium to stay on site in rooms that tend to be smaller, less luxurious & often outdated. International visitors often tend to stay onsite for 14 or 21 days so this resort fee would really rack up the price.

DisneyNorthFan

I realize Disney is not calling this out, but most resort fees cover things like pools and fitness centers. If Disney charges $15 flat fee across all levels of hotels, Value to Deluxe, it may give the impression that resort hopping is allowed. Right or wrong, I think folks would feel more justified hopping if they paid a resort fee. I guess it comes down to whether its billed as a WDW resort fee or a <<insert hotel property>> resort fee.

Nmoody1

I actually mentioned on a thread recently I was surprised disney hadn't thought of this... I knew it was a matter of time. I'd much rather spend my money off site.

It really will be a sad day WHEN this happens (not if)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom