Disney Survey on implementing a $15 resort fee

note2001

I thought the question " if I was aware that there were resort fee's at other non Disney resorts".... Well that just chapped my bee...d. :banghead:

Personally, I always thought there was a resort fee just rolled into the price, just not showing it...

The simplicity of a Disney vacation was always the draw for me. No extra fees, no worries... nothing to have to stop and think about. The new generation of Disney leadership doesn't understand this. Perhaps it's built into their nature to enjoy convolution, after all, upper management by its very definition is all about making things utterly complicated.

Lirael

So soon all that'll be left is charging us for the resort to park transportation

Also, I'm confused. The MagicBands are included in this resort fee. So...how will people be able to opt out of said fee, if you need MagicBands to open the doors? I dont think we'll be able to choose to not pay this

Mike S

And WE are the camels! This makes me so sad. The rate of room and ticket price increase over the last 10 years has been ridiculous. If it continues at this rate then I fear that when I have grandchildren they will never see WDW because no middle class family will be able to afford it. It is quickly turning into and elite high end entertainment.
In price only which is what's really absurd. They're just charging more for the same stuff.

jaklgreen

So soon all that'll be left is charging us for the resort to park transportation

Also, I'm confused. The MagicBands are included in this resort fee. So...how will people be able to opt out of said fee, if you need MagicBands to open the doors? I dont think we'll be able to choose to not pay this

You can use a magic band that you received on a previous trip, hence saving Disney the money for issuing another one. Heck if we reuse our MBs then we should get a resort credit. Kind of like bring your grocery bag and get a nickel credit.

NelsonRD

Some hotels waive the fee if you do not use the service the fee provides. Fees structured correctly are not necessarily always a bad thing. It helps structure costs to what you use. If optional, this may actually save somebody money. Instead of increasing the cost across the board for everybody, you can save $15 by not using the Magical Express, Gym, wifi, phone, and some water...

wogwog

Some hotels waive the fee if you do not use the service the fee provides. Fees structured correctly are not necessarily always a bad thing. It helps structure costs to what you use. If optional, this may actually save somebody money. Instead of increasing the cost across the board for everybody, you can save $15 by not using the Magical Express, Gym, wifi, phone, and some water...
Disney does not allow staff to write "optional & fee" in the same sentence.

skyphotographer

The really nice thing (for Disney) is that the fee could be implemented immediately. So even if you already have reservations, the price just went up!

note2001

Call it what it is, a price increase.
Except it may also/most likely will apply to DVC.

The real issue is nothing NEW is being offered to offset the cost. Everything mentioned is already a part of the package.
What could they add that could get us to accept this fee with less noise? Something of value that we may feel is worth $15 or more per day we don't already get:

Free Valet for those who drive.
Boat and Bike rentals (at $15/day this would be an amazing deal)
A free breakfast daily for everyone in the party. (again, an amazing deal)

Last edited:

Buried20KLeague

I didn't read this whole thread so forgive me if it's already been said... But they'll offset the outrage of a resort fee by finally officially offering additional FP+ to those staying on property. So the people will come. And they will pay the fees. And some will be happy. Because they didn't have to stand in line to ride Buzz when they would have otherwise.

Write it down. It will happen.

CaptainAmerica

On other subjects people will disagree about what is and isn't worthy of the label "cash grab", but this would be universally considered one.
I don't see it as a cash grab. I hate it, and think it would be a major mistake, but I don't see how it has anything to do with a "cash grab." Whether they charge $350 + $15 per night or simply $365 per night, they can still charge whatever they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom