Disney Studios rumored lands

HouseHacker97

dhs has always been my least favorite park- theres never really been anything to do besides the 3 big rides. hopefully SWL and TSL will bring more guests to visit but I fear they will get pretty bored after those two lands. Maybe not, I could be wrong. Also, I don't understand why Disney doesn't have more things in the works at every park? Universal currently has Kong, Volcano Bay, Jimmy Fallon, Fast&Furious, and the possibility of Nintendo stuff on the horizons. Disney has SWL, TSL, and Pandora, but these upcoming attractions only span across half of the parks. I really hope the rumors are true that big things are coming to Epcot because I don't feel a (misplaced IMO) frozen ride is enough. perhaps I'm being impatient but it just seems like Universal is starting to win me over with their speed advantage

Phicinfan

Nothing in sight for DAK for the foreseeable.

MK some stuff here and there.

DHS Isn't done yet but done expect miracles.

Epcot is in for some changes.
First thanks! Really appreciate you sharing this kind of stuff.

Secondly, is it your goal to be as totally enigmatic as possible to drive us as crazy as possible??

Just joking, I fully understand you can only share so much. Thanks again though

SirLink

Nothing in sight for DAK for the foreseeable.

MK some stuff here and there.

DHS Isn't done yet but done expect miracles.

Epcot is in for some changes.

Well mmm the first point contradicts something I heard but I know its Blue Sky so who knows and like we probably keep on saying this Summer/this year will be 'interesting'.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well mmm the first point contradicts something I heard but I know its Blue Sky so who knows and like we probably keep on saying this Summer/this year will be 'interesting'.
4-5 and 8-10 years out maybe. Certainly nothing definite from what I know (which isn't everything)

Last edited:

doctornick

I love hearing some inside scoop, but at this point I just figure that nothing is "certain" until either their is an official Disney announcement or construction occurring. And even in those cases, things can change (though it's far more likely that something will be built).

I don't doubt that there are potential plans out there for all of the parks, which at at moment in time could be in various states of blue sky/development/approval/budget cut/revision/etc. Until something is really finalized and moving forward, it's not surprising that various folks can hear conflicting information.

No Name

It has been noted by some insiders that something is in the works for Epcot so at least that's happening. Some have still said an overall plussing of the park with maybe a new attraction or two as the phase 3 but it appears there is contradicting info on wether that has the green light. There is a lot rumored by 2021 property wide though

Rumored is the key word. Until it's announced (or maybe until construction has begun), it's nothing more than rumor, and is actually more than likely to be cancelled.

See DHS phase 3 as an example of something "noted by some insiders" and rumored, but that will more than likely be cancelled. I fully trust everyone that it was in the works originally, I'm not at all saying our "insiders" were wrong. They (mostly) weren't. But it has since been cut.

Frontierland expansion is another example.

For World Showcase, throughout the park's history how many additional pavilions or rides have been built, and how many were planned but never came to fruition? That's a rhetorical question, btw. My point is that, while I want to believe something is coming, history proves that it's more than likely not to happen.

My whole point is, for DHS, while "phase 3" was planned at one time and now @marni1971 speaks of smaller additions around the park, the truth is that nothing is guaranteed. And I think we won't get any new rides (other than a spinner maybe) apart from TSL and SWL.

mickey v-neck

I don't understand why Disney doesn't have more things in the works at every park? Universal currently has Kong, Volcano Bay, Jimmy Fallon, Fast&Furious, and the possibility of Nintendo stuff on the horizons. Disney has SWL, TSL, and Pandora, but these upcoming attractions only span across half of the parks.

Universal has really won me over as well, but your list of things "in the works" at Universal includes a ride that is already open and "the possibility of stuff." So really as far as things currently being built, it's a water park, Jimmy Fallon and Fast & Furious versus Star Wars Land, World of Avatar and Toy Story Land (you could also include Rivers of Light and the new water park rides). That's a landslide in Disney's favor.

HouseHacker97

Universal has really won me over as well, but your list of things "in the works" at Universal includes a ride that is already open and "the possibility of stuff." So really as far as things currently being built, it's a water park, Jimmy Fallon and Fast & Furious versus Star Wars Land, World of Avatar and Toy Story Land (you could also include Rivers of Light and the new water park rides). That's a landslide in Disney's favor.

my point was that only 2 out of 4 disney parks are getting something new (at an incredibly slow pace) and 3 out of 2 universal parks are getting something new (at a substantially faster pace)

mickey v-neck

my point was that only 2 out of 4 disney parks are getting something new (at an incredibly slow pace) and 3 out of 2 universal parks are getting something new (at a substantially faster pace)

I gotcha. I think it's more fair to compare apples to apples though. I also think we are becoming slightly spoiled. Disney finally has some major, major attractions on the way. Has there ever been a more exciting time as far as upcoming attractions at Disney? I certainly include Disney Springs on the list as well.

If the Nintendo plans turn out to be ambitious, it will take all of this to a new level. I hope Unicersal goes all out.

clemmo

That's not even including some of the stuff that is in the works like the rumored Epcot revamp and whatever they do for the MK 50th which will likely compete against whatever is in the works for Nintendo and the plot of land they recently bought. Either way Orlando sounds like an exciting place to be in the next 5 years

Goofyernmost

Better put as 50% of WDW parks are getting additions, while 100% (Maybe even 150% considering the water park hasn't opened yet) of Universal Parks are getting additions.
OK, 50% of 4 = 2; 100% of 2 = 2 Is there a point in there someplace? Water Parks? Universal = zero right now. Disney = 2 in operation and one rotting away. It's all in the actual numbers especially when using percentages.

clemmo

Imo Fallon doesn't really seem like it'll be that impressive but I guess not enough details are known. F&F is screen based where it shouldn't be but that debate is for another time

SCOTLORR

OK, 50% of 4 = 2; 100% of 2 = 2 Is there a point in there someplace? Water Parks? Universal = zero right now. Disney = 2 in operation and one rotting away. It's all in the actual numbers especially when using percentages.
I agree with you on the water parks point. But as far as the percentages go, my point is that Universal is keeping 100% of their parks fresh with new content, while Disney is keeping 50% of theirs fresh. and even in that 50%, DHS is an utter embarrassment at the moment and the upcoming additions can be described as just catching up to becoming a mediocre park. Even with SWL and TSL, DHS still won't be in great shape. When you have 4 parks, expectations are that you're going to keep those 4 parks up to standards. And when you have 2 parks, expectations are that you're going to keep both those parks up to standards. My point is that Disney's "expectations" aren't even close to being met, while Universal's have been met and will continue to be met for the foreseeable future.

Goofyernmost

I agree with you on the water parks point. But as far as the percentages go, my point is that Universal is keeping 100% of their parks fresh with new content, while Disney is keeping 50% of theirs fresh. and even in that 50%, DHS is an utter embarrassment at the moment and the upcoming additions can be described as just catching up to becoming a mediocre park. Even with SWL and TSL, DHS still won't be in great shape. When you have 4 parks, expectations are that you're going to keep those 4 parks up to standards. And when you have 2 parks, expectations are that you're going to keep both those parks up to standards. My point is that Disney's "expectations" aren't even close to being met, while Universal's have been met and will continue to be met for the foreseeable future.
You might be forgetting some things:
AK = Pandora, Rivers of Light (eventually)
DHS = TSL and Star Wars
MK = New Fantasy Land heavily detailed and themed with two new attractions and M&G and Restaurant. Please don't say that replaced a big attraction. That big attraction was replaced by trees and a playground. NFL replaced trees and a playground. Seems like a plus to me!
Epcot = Soarin upgrade and Norway/Frozen do over.

You and others may not personally like what was done but to say that nothing has been done is flat out incorrect. There is also a lot of infrastructure happening (which may not be entertaining, but, it is necessary to the overall attraction of the resort) and the massive expansion of Disney Springs including massive parking garages. There isn't a dictionary in the world that would consider that doing nothing. Yes, it took them awhile to get going, but, you cannot currently swing a dead rat in there without hitting some new work being done. Let's be fair, it seems like less because it is spread out more.

cheezbat

You might be forgetting some things:
AK = Pandora, Rivers of Light (eventually)
DHS = TSL and Star Wars
MK = New Fantasy Land heavily detailed and themed with two new attractions and M&G and Restaurant. Please don't say that replaced a big attraction. That big attraction was replaced by trees and a playground. NFL replaced trees and a playground. Seems like a plus to me!
Epcot = Soarin upgrade and Norway/Frozen do over.

You and others may not personally like what was done but to say that nothing has been done is flat out incorrect. There is also a lot of infrastructure happening (which may not be entertaining, but, it is necessary to the overall attraction of the resort) and the massive expansion of Disney Springs including massive parking garages. There isn't a dictionary in the world that would consider that doing nothing. Yes, it took them awhile to get going, but, you cannot currently swing a dead rat in there without hitting some new work being done. Let's be fair, it seems like less because it is spread out more.
Oh but what Disney is doing is clearly less. Universal is doing their best to make both parks fresh and full day experiences. Disney is adding to their parks, but they are not pushing to make all four parks full day experiences. DAK will be closer to it, but still needs a good 4-5 more attractions to get there. DHS will still only have nine rides after the new lands. Every other Disney park on the planet will still have more rides than this 27 year old park. That's sad.

WDW is moving in the right direction, but they have a long way to go in 3 of their 4 parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom