Disney Studios rumored lands

Lee

Adventurer
I don't want to be pedantic, but is that more of a "no one has told me anything but I didn't really ask" or "my connections tell me that nothing is on the table beyond Star Wars? Other folks like IIRC @marni1971 and @MansionButler84 have suggested that at least one if not more new rides are in the works beyond the announced Toy Story and Star Wars stuff.

I'd be extremely disappointed if nothing else occurs in the near future beyond those two announced lands.
I'll answer by saying...
Things will happen. Probably. But don't expect new lands or areas.

Which I admit is frustrating.
This.

Next Big Thing

Things will happen. Probably. But don't expect new lands or areas.

Which I admit is frustrating.
I don't need new lands. I actually find TSL a great waste of space and would've rather it to be a Fantasyland based around Pixar for DHS. Not everything has to be single IP Lands. I just want fun things.

I do hope of these changes, it involves a show replacing BatB or LM. It's been far too long.

doctornick

Really?
I think it will be a pretty damn good park by 2020 or so.

I think it will be a lot better, but it still needs some more stuff to round out the park. In particular, I think the park would benefit from some lower thrills, more immersive dark rides as a balance to the higher general thrill level of the existing and planned rides.

Granted, if they replaced the existing shows in addition to the planned builds, that would add a bunch of new "stuff" but it will still only be at 9 rides once TSL/SW are done -- I don't think it's asking for too much to get the total ride count to more like 12 or so.

clemmo

While I think the park still needs more to round it out, especially in the animation courtyard area and echo lake, I'd rather have an overall plussing of the park with maybe a new ride and shows, but give Epcot a good budget rather than cutting from that to give DHS another fully fleshed out land. After this DHS still needs a bit more work to go but by then Epcot will be in much worse shape imo

Haymarket2008

If there won't be any new areas, where will new attractions go? Almost all of the buildings that could house full fledged attractions (not shows or entertainment) are.....occupied. I think?

Ignohippo

If there won't be any new areas, where will new attractions go? Almost all of the buildings that could house full fledged attractions (not shows or entertainment) are.....occupied. I think?

The Animation Building will get a tear-down/repurposing once SW land opens. The area around Echo Lake is up in the air as well.

clemmo

The Animation Building will get a tear-down/repurposing once SW land opens. The area around Echo Lake is up in the air as well.
Wouldn't that pretty much ensure any new attraction(s) are to open on or after the MK 50th? If SWL opens 2019 realistically they probably wouldn't even be able to tear down and rebuild an attraction by 2021. I would agree though that after launch bay that building will need help not temporary attractions

cheezbat

Really?
I think it will be a pretty damn good park by 2020 or so.
I'm sorry but I'm not giving Disney a pat on the back for two new lands. whats killing me is Disney built a brand new park in Shanghai that opens with more rides and attractions than a 27 year old park! Completely unacceptable.

By 2019 I expected the park to have at least 12-15 rides.

Ignohippo

Wouldn't that pretty much ensure any new attraction(s) are to open on or after the MK 50th? If SWL opens 2019 realistically they probably wouldn't even be able to tear down and rebuild an attraction by 2021. I would agree though that after launch bay that building will need help not temporary attractions

I wasn't speaking to any timeline. Just responding about where new attractions may go.

Ignohippo

I don't need new lands. I actually find TSL a great waste of space and would've rather it to be a Fantasyland based around Pixar for DHS. Not everything has to be single IP Lands. I just want fun things.

I do hope of these changes, it involves a show replacing BatB or LM. It's been far too long.

I would agree completely. Lasseter's love for Toy Story clouds their judgment. This needed to be a 'Pixar' land - not just Toy Story. Had things not gone wonky with SW, you would have seen at least two more Pixar IPs with a larger presence in the park. As it is now, it feels to me like SW, Toy Story and then whatever happens to be on Sunset Blvd.

Thematically, as it will be in 2020, it's a very hodgepodge park. Seems pretty weak to me, considering all of the amazing IPs they have to choose from and the fact that they really don't have a huge net gain with the new lands once everything is said and done (a "next" phase not withstanding).

po1998

As someone else posted upthread...the eye popping theme of the new lands only goes so far. Are guests really going to wander through these lands for hours on end doing nothing but marveling at the rockwork, trees, toys, etc...

The bottom line is guests want things to do,
and by 2020, DHS and to a lesser extent AK will still be lacking.

Problem is, by 2020, Epcot will be in dire need, and AK & DHS may go into a holding pattern because of it.

We'll see.

rioriz

As of recently, I hear relatively nothing is in the cards now once SW and TS is done. Is that what you're hearing?

He stated in the previous pages and other threads that there are definitely things in the cards, some possibly before or not too long after SWL opens...fairly optimistic as of right now

clemmo

He stated in the previous pages and other threads that there are definitely things in the cards, some possibly before or not too long after SWL opens...fairly optimistic as of right now
I believe others had said they've heard one more big ride and an overall park plussing so yes sounds like something more to tie the park together

Ignohippo

I believe others had said they've heard one more big ride and an overall park plussing so yes sounds like something more to tie the park together

From what I've been told, that may no longer be the case. I've been told everything is now in a holding pattern and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

montyz81

From what I've been told, that may no longer be the case. I've been told everything is now in a holding pattern and will remain so for the foreseeable future.
I am so confused at what is happening and not happening. Blue sky and not blue sky, in the cards and not in the cards beyond SWL and TSL. Epcot now has no development plans that I have heard since both Frozen and Sorin are done. MKL has a rumor of Tomorrowland or Frontierland redo but nothing I have heard beyond that and then AvitarLand. After that nothing. Springs and Shanghai have really taken up a huge chunk of this company's development budget. And in the mean time.. Epcot sits rotting.

olie64

Any reason why? Shanghai again? Or is it that they know revenue will be down so they have to look good for the street so they aren't going to do more expenses?

clemmo

I am so confused at what is happening and not happening. Blue sky and not blue sky, in the cards and not in the cards beyond SWL and TSL. Epcot now has no development plans that I have heard since both Frozen and Sorin are done. MKL has a rumor of Tomorrowland or Frontierland redo but nothing I have heard beyond that and then AvitarLand. After that nothing. Springs and Shanghai have really taken up a huge chunk of this company's development budget. And in the mean time.. Epcot sits rotting.
It has been noted by some insiders that something is in the works for Epcot so at least that's happening. Some have still said an overall plussing of the park with maybe a new attraction or two as the phase 3 but it appears there is contradicting info on wether that has the green light. There is a lot rumored by 2021 property wide though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom