Disney Studios rumored lands

Ripken10

Oh but what Disney is doing is clearly less. Universal is doing their best to make both parks fresh and full day experiences. Disney is adding to their parks, but they are not pushing to make all four parks full day experiences. DAK will be closer to it, but still needs a good 4-5 more attractions to get there. DHS will still only have nine rides after the new lands. Every other Disney park on the planet will still have more rides than this 27 year old park. That's sad.

WDW is moving in the right direction, but they have a long way to go in 3 of their 4 parks.
Can you please take your universal vs Disney stuff to another tread. It's not needed here and not appropriate

cheezbat

Can you please take your universal vs Disney stuff to another tread. It's not needed here and not appropriate
Excuse me? Nothing I'm saying was meant to start a universal vs Disney debate. All I was doing was reiterating what others were also stating in this thread. People want to make it sound like Star Wars land and Toy Story land will make DHS a full day park. They have bashed the work Universal is doing and i just wanted people to see the facts. I like both resorts. heck, im sn amusement and theme park junkie. i dont just follow Disney or Universal blindly. i will criticize things at both resorts that I see as cheap or boring or whatever. All I was saying was, After these lands, there will only be 9 rides. 9 in all of DHS. That's not enough to fill a day unless its so packed and the waits for everything are hours long.

Wikkler

You're right, but one of the biggest reasons that Carsland or Radiator Springs Racers isn't coming is because TDO (and/ or Burbank) doesn't want to pony up for the costs of Cars attractions. They have their cash cow for California, and they're going to go with different franchises in order to milk as much money as they can out of both resorts. That's why we're getting an Alien ride instead of a Tow Mater ride, and a Big Hero 6 ride in Tokyo. That's 3 "unique" attractions that can be marketed for three separate resorts as incentives to visit each of them.
Did I miss something or is this just some person trying to make Epcot "Things that Don't Belong in Magic Kingdom?"

Jones14

Did I miss something or is this just some person trying to make Epcot "Things that Don't Belong in Magic Kingdom?"
Tokyo as in Tokyo Disneyland, not the pavilion in Epcot. Thankfully, World Showcase seems to be free of flat rides for the time being.

Daveeeeed

Any possibility of echo lake being redone to give it a 50's Hollywood Vibe? Paradise Pier looks great, so does Grizzly Peak & Disney Springs, any chance of upgrades like those.

Herbie

When compared to Star Wars and even Toy Story Land, Animation Courtyard and Echo Lake seem like they'll be the notable oddballs of the bunch... I'm a big history nut, and hardcore MGM fan, but...

the '50s Prime Time Cafe (which I like), an outdated stunt venue, a dinosaur serving ice cream, a simulator whose theme is subject to change, plus the wasted ABC & Hyperion theatres (Frozen doesn't cut it for me, for show or theming, and Star Wars, nuff said.The Hyperion is also a rather plain/ugly interior & exterior venue). I love the references to the Rocketeer and Who Framed Roger Rabbit (I still say we need a Sunset Blvd extension + Red Cars. And maybe more of these references, like a small photo-op area with Anty and a few grass stalks from HISTK), but as a whole, it's a rather hodge podge area.

I like the thought of Art of Animation returning (or maybe a prop showcase/Treasures of Disney Archives), mostly because I can't fathom the thought of the Animation building + Brigitte's garden to be destroyed, but the area is also very weak and ugly.

Daveeeeed

When compared to Star Wars and even Toy Story Land, Animation Courtyard and Echo Lake seem like they'll be the notable oddballs of the bunch... I'm a big history nut, and hardcore MGM fan, but...

the '50s Prime Time Cafe (which I like), an outdated stunt venue, a dinosaur serving ice cream, a simulator whose theme is subject to change, plus the wasted ABC & Hyperion theatres (Frozen doesn't cut it for me, for show or theming, and Star Wars, nuff said.The Hyperion is also a rather plain/ugly interior & exterior venue). I love the references to the Rocketeer and Who Framed Roger Rabbit (I still say we need a Sunset Blvd extension + Red Cars. And maybe more of these references, like a small photo-op area with Anty and a few grass stalks from HISTK), but as a whole, it's a rather hodge podge area.

I like the thought of Art of Animation returning (or maybe a prop showcase/Treasures of Disney Archives), mostly because I can't fathom the thought of the Animation building + Brigitte's garden to be destroyed, but the area is also very weak and ugly.
It has to be outdated it's themed after the '50s ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom