Disney Springs Plans: What do they mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Adventurer
Watch them open a stand at the expanded lifestyle center called 'Cockerell Fries'.... maybe we'll even get a T-shirt out of it to go with the one for turkey legs.
I can totally see it...

Guest: Let's see...I'll have the Value (over priced) burger, TDO style (lite portion), value-engineered (plain), with a side of Cockrell fries.
CM: How would you like it cooked?
Guest: Ummm...Tiki Room (well done).
CM: And to drink?
Guest: Nothing, I'll just Spirit a soda (refill a 10-year old mug).

danpam1024

To take the project down to its essence, there's a lot of esthetically pleasing elements ... from water features to all the bridges. But there is no wow factor to this. Nothing major, secret, hidden from y'all that will get you saying 'Yeah, Disney really gets it. Take that UNI!!! I'm gonna plan a trip just so I can spend time in Disney Springs.'

It's just the latest in long line of breaking a product that worked and then trying to fix it. This is just a much costlier, ambitious plan. But at the end of the day, it is still a Disney mall.

Yes, there will be a Sephora ... REALLY!

Sad :(

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I just keep promoting the idea of someone bringing in a waffle stand to DTD that sells the real deal. I am convinced it would make billions.

It should look like this.....

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=waffle stand belgium&id=F5EDFD57D7FE16E1BD15366CCF5ECD6615AA39FB&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=0A3D4C52C1DE1F2A09677743B469557ED8FC5885&selectedIndex=4

Cool. Be careful. The phrase "speaking of waffles" without the proper context sure sounds like you're saying someone changed their tune and doesn't want us to notice. I should apologize though since I must've missed your post about your waffle . Side note: We do have Mickey waffle iron. It does seem to make waffles taste better. I think the interior surface of the waffle iron is infused with a bit of cocaine that is slowly released upon heating.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I can totally see it...

Guest: Let's see...I'll have the Value (over priced) burger, TDO style (lite portion), value-engineered (plain), with a side of Cockrell fries.
CM: How would you like it cooked?
Guest: Ummm...Tiki Room (well done).
CM: And to drink?
Guest: Nothing, I'll just Spirit a soda (refill a 10-year old mug).

Are you implying that my faded Dixie Landings mug is no longer useable? Not once has a CM successfully stopped me from filling it. I even use it at the BP just up the road.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nothing is set in stone until results come in, but come on. This year has sorely lacked family movies so far and "Jack the Giant Slayer" took home $27M this past weekend. If that crapfest can take home $27M, Oz easily has at minimum $55M i'd say, likely more.

It very well.. but the weekend totals have been soft.. lets not forget this isn't summer blockbuster time, nor is it a holiday weekend. The last film to even break $50mil on its opening weekend was the Hobbit. Only three films since last summer have broken 50mil their opening weekend. Skyfall, Twilight, and Hobbit... and the last before that was the Dark Knight all the way back in July.

I don't think Oz has the draw of any of those films IMO. The entire weekend draw has been roughly 80-120million per weekend over the last two months.. I don't see Oz taking 75% of the weekend gross or boosting the weekend gross 40+%

I could be wrong.. but we'll see :)

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Yes, there will be a Sephora ... REALLY!
I know I'll be the only one to admit this, but I'm thrilled that we'll possibly be getting a Sephora. Ever since I visited dtd Anaheim I was hoping they'd bring one to WDW dtd. It's not a place that I'm able to go to here and for me it's much more exciting to spend time there than in the world of Disney.

PatriciaH

Hyperion Wharf was haulted because they decided to revamp the entire DTD area rather than just PI. Along with the West Side and Disney Shopping Villiage, new areas will be called things like Gateway, The Landing, The Springs and Town Center.

Plenty of new restaurants with their own entertainment is in the plans and some outdoor entertainment for everyone to enjoy. A large parking structure will free up space for more room to grow. Here are a few retail and food vendors they are looking into at the moment but as always, things can change.

photo14.jpg

photo15.jpg

Trader Sam's is great fun. I would love if they put this at WDW. Heck I would like to bartend there:) I wonder if Walt's Place would be anything like Walts at Disneyland Paris which I also love-beautiful restaurant. The other stuff I could care less about. The food trucks are cool though.

PhotoDave219

I know I'll be the only one to admit this, but I'm thrilled that we'll possibly be getting a Sephora. Ever since I visited dtd Anaheim I was hoping they'd bring one to WDW dtd. It's not a place that I'm able to go to here and for me it's much more exciting to spend time there than in the world of Disney.

I thought there was one up at Mall at Millenia?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I thought there was one up at Mall at Millenia?

Just at the Florida Mall (which I hate lol). We don't tend to venture too far off property while we're there. So a Sephora at DTD would be much more convenient and pleasant than a trip to the Florida mall.

Clever Name

And then they created a problem with people riding the SSR busses from the parks which fills up that resorts busses. Trust me in this. Seen if every time I've stayed there and it's getting worse
You're absolutely right. I've seen those sardine packed SSR buses and it's obvious that guests are using them from the parks as a direct route to DtD. A similar problem still occurs with buses that run to the resorts that are close to the parks. The Contemporary and several of the EPCOT resort buses still get guests that park at DtD to avoid the parking fees. This is not a big problem any longer since the DtD buses don't start running to the resorts until later in the morning.

alissafalco

PhotoDave219

Just at the Florida Mall (which I hate lol). We don't tend to venture too far off property while we're there. So a Sephora at DTD would be much more convenient and pleasant than a trip to the Florida mall.

Well not to worry, I hate the Florida Mall as well. ;) PitA to get to and in a bad neighborhood. Also, super touristy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom