Disney Springs Plans: What do they mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamboat wil

That describes most Blackhawks fans to a T.

Them's fighting words. Just kidding. Last time I checked they did have the best record in the NHL and have a points streak going.

P.S. I am not and have no idea who the person 74' was talking about. I love Disney, but not enough to tweet and argue about it on a daily basis. I enjoy these boards so you guys can provide that entertainment for me.

Genie of the Lamp

P.S. I am not and have no idea who the person 74' was talking about. I love Disney, but not enough to tweet and argue about it on a daily basis. I enjoy these boards so you guys can provide that entertainment for me.

Tom Corless is the person he's talking about. He also refers to him as "wannabe Lou" too. Can't argue/deny that these boards are entertaining that's why these threads are highly viewed in addition to the info on the thread topic at hand which is the main reason.

Clever Name

Sorry I have to disagree. Not only has there been a parking problem at Downtown Disney but believe it or not this is NOT the first time a parking structure has been proposed for the complex. Parking has been a problem since the addition of West Side and re-branding to "Downtown Disney." Have you ever had to park in the overflow lot across the street by Team Disney? This was an emergency quick fix due to bad planning and not a part of the master plan.

I am not saying a parking garage is the answer but I do remember there was a time when Eisner wanted the "world's most unique parking structure." This was to be part of an overall capital investment combined with "MYST" island. No the projects were not related in any way but the budgets were combined along with a few other items. Neither made it past the cuts...
Parking at DtD was only a problem back in the old days when the buses still ran direct routes to the parks. As a result a lot of locals and off site guests parked at DtD free and rode the buses for free in order to avoid the parking fees at the parks. When WDW revamped the bus transportation, they specifically cut all direct routes from DtD to the parks and that solved the DtD parking problem.

The reason why people park in the Team Disney lot is because it's closer to the Market Place than two thirds of the DtD parking lots on the West Side.

steamboat wil

Tom Corless is the person he's talking about. He also refers to him as "wannabe Lou" too. Can't argue/deny that these boards are entertaining that's why these threads are highly viewed in addition to the info on the thread topic at hand which is the main reason.

Tom Corless is a Blackhawks fan? He must have jumped on the wagon in 2010 like the rest of the chumps up here have.

PhotoDave219

Them's fighting words. Just kidding. Last time I checked they did have the best record in the NHL and have a points streak going.

Yes, I know. Shame the Flyers had no goaltending two years ago.

steamboat wil

Nah, some loudmouth on Twitter is.

That's what I thought but Genie's post confused me. Just had to comment because Disney and the Chicago Blackhawks are my favorite things and hardly ever mentioned at the same time. Sorry for the drift.

On the topic at hand Disney Springs will probably be somewhat good but I agree with others saying the major need for WDW is freshening up and adding to their theme parks. That is of course the reason we go to WDW.

RSoxNo1

Considering where these plans came from, what they show and the level of development, I'm confident enough to say that this is the direction Disney is going.

No trolleys.

No I-4 work, which would naturally include the state and county government's involvement. Frankly, I'm not sure I'd want to see either. They look to be pouring way too much money into this as is. Funny, UNI built City Walk and while there have been places that have come and gone, they have never needed to fundamentally go in and alter the place.

Again, say what you want about Disney being incredibly cheap (because they are), but they sure don't mind spending billions when it comes to a giant datamining/trip planning/back of the house IT system, redoing a mall into ... well ... a mall and building countless hotel rooms and timeshares.

They just seem to have no conception of why any of that stuff exists to begin with. ... You know the four stale theme parks?
What the fail to realize is that in order to fill these data mining requirements and get people for the shops you need an actual draw. While the additions in Fantasyland are needed, it's hard to consider them a draw.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Bogus streak. The Hawks have 3 losses. The real record is 35 games UNBEATEN to start a season (of course that was back when games ended in a tie). Plus Kane should be a Flyer. Damn coin toss...

steamboat wil

Bogus streak. The Hawks have 3 losses. The real record is 35 games UNBEATEN to start a season (of course that was back when games ended in a tie). Plus Kane should be a Flyer. Damn coin toss...

I agree that streak is superior to the Hawks current streak but they were not unbeaten to start the season. They lost their first game to the Flames by a 9-2 score. Then also had 10 ties. Now let's get back to Disney Springs talk.

RSoxNo1

I had a rather positive exchange with Tom. He freely admits he overreacted.

His main valid point (that i happen to agree with) is that people shouldnt be taking content from other sites. That does not excuse peoples (or his) behavior and I tend to hit the ceiling as well as when people steal my photos (i've learned to invoice them instead) but if someone posts something on their Disney site, that does not give anyone free reign to repost it here.

I really don't see where harping on his behavior will come of anything positive and it would probably do everyone some good if we just let try and be the mature people we claim to be and let it go.

I'm not defending him nor sticking up for him; just polietly suggesting we let it go.
If people are giving proper credit to his (or any) site then there should be no objection.

awoogala

Two new observations....

Pedestrian walks are planned for the LBV hotels similar to the way foot traffic is handled in Vegas. Brilliant add for those properties.

Interesting that the western most sections are not part of this expansion. Makes me think they may be planning more hotel or DVC space. Not a bad idea.

crazy question/observations. It's called Disney Springs. Close enough in name to Saratoga Springs, some sort of tie-in?
I had thought with this new rebranding as a "lifestyle" shopping center- the one thing missing would be an apartment/townhome complex.
Many "lifestyle centers" have some type of included living space connected. What if an apartment or townhome section were included? Either new, (near the western section) or rebranded/imagined sections of saratoga springs? Disney has been all about bringing more people to stay, through celebration, then with the giant homes in Golden Oak. SSR has been in resale a lot the last few years. They could easily be rebranded (in part) as a living community. The stores being more typical mall stores would make sense in this incarnation. Think of all the crazy fans (myself included) who would love to live or retire right on disney property?

awoogala

But again, it's very dangerous with some of Disney's properties getting quite old -- maybe that's why there's a plan to make Mickey relevant again in a BIG way ... oops, did I let something slip?

Don't TEASE ME!!!
My whole family would be overjoyed if they would go back to making more Mickey, Goofy, and Donald Duck properties. My kids are not there for princesses or cars. We want Mickey and Donald!!!
If you feel the need to get it off your chest, please, please, pm me! :D

lazyboy97o

crazy question/observations. It's called Disney Springs. Close enough in name to Saratoga Springs, some sort of tie-in?
I had thought with this new rebranding as a "lifestyle" shopping center- the one thing missing would be an apartment/townhome complex.
Many "lifestyle centers" have some type of included living space connected. What if an apartment or townhome section were included? Either new, (near the western section) or rebranded/imagined sections of saratoga springs? Disney has been all about bringing more people to stay, through celebration, then with the giant homes in Golden Oak. SSR has been in resale a lot the last few years. They could easily be rebranded (in part) as a living community. The stores being more typical mall stores would make sense in this incarnation. Think of all the crazy fans (myself included) who would love to live or retire right on disney property?
Actual residents means removal from the Reedy Creek Improvement District. It's not going to happen. Celebration was ditched and Golden Oak was to save some face after selling and deannexing the land only to see Four Seasons put the whole deal on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom