'Disney Springs' - Downtown Disney expansion officially announced

jt04

And how does that help the West Side which has always suffered, supposedly due to poor traffic flow?

You will see much larger crowds at DS. Everything will flow so much better. It will be like a house with an open floor plan. Different areas will serve specific functions but areas won't be walled off so pedestrian traffic will flow much better. This will make for a better experience.

WDW1974

The Parks Blog is heavily moderated and maybe only once a day. Anything negative or sensitive won't get published. And I think Staggs only posted some comments shortly after the announcement. Doubt you'll see him again on there.

Disney Social Media at its finest. They really could use some Spirited help!
drevil.gif

WDW1974

Civilized society hinges on infrastructure. Just sayin'.

If that's the case, then I'd advise you watch something like Revolution or The Walking Dead even ... because no one in this country seems to give a damn about infrastructure (be it building, modernizing or maintaining).

lazyboy97o

Goose bumps? Goose bumps? Really? From art of the redevelopment of a mall?

You might drop dead over concept art of a spinner.
He's not even talking about the mall, but the parking structure. But that seems to be par the course for where Walt Disney World aims. Easier to impress the people who've never seen anything similar because going to the big city is scary.

WDW1974

He's not even talking about the mall, but the parking structure. But that seems to be par the course for where Walt Disney World aims. Easier to impress the people who've never seen anything similar because going to the big city is scary.

And I find that 'tude (JT aside, as he's a character unto himself ... bless his heart) scary myself. But I am a traveling Spirit. The more places I go, the more places I want to go.

G00fyDad

Having trouble taking you serious with the pimp dog;).

That is really unfortunate. I am always a little nervous on those really long escalators like the ones that they have at arenas and stadiums now. That would be a long way to fall. With the the old school concrete ramps it took forever to get up to the top, but I never ended up with stitches.

I just think its the funniest depiction of Goofy that I have ever seen in my life. :D

Until my friend fell that day I never thought twice about escalators. I do now.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My daughter fell down the escalator at the ATL airport tram station (where the rental car returns are)...her luggage fell on top of her.

It was a scary experience for us both. She ended up with just some scratches though, and our luggage was permanently scarred (it circled in the middle of the escalator while I took her to the top and made sure she was ok.

alissafalco

My daughter fell down the escalator at the ATL airport tram station (where the rental car returns are)...her luggage fell on top of her.

It was a scary experience for us both. She ended up with just some scratches though, and our luggage was permanently scarred (it circled in the middle of the escalator while I took her to the top and made sure she was ok.

I have such a fear of that. I always hate going on them.

dcibrando

Goose bumps? Goose bumps? Really? From art of the redevelopment of a mall?

You might drop dead over concept art of a spinner.

This is NOT a mall and if you don't like it then just don't go...one less person to add to the crowds. You can stay home and have a magical day adding negativity to everything Disney does online while the rest of us have fun :)

Florida_is_hot

This is NOT a mall and if you don't like it then just don't go...one less person to add to the crowds. You can stay home and have a magical day adding negativity to everything Disney does online while the rest of us have fun :)

Give the guy a break, there are outdoor and indoor malls the place is about shopping.
Me i do not care much either, as long as the AMC is there; I care less about the expansion of Disney Store, or how many more stores this mall will have.

dcibrando

Now you are just being argumentative.

There are probably as many non-shopping stores at Downtown Disney as there are at EPCOT... just saying.

I don't think calling it a 'mall' is accurate in my opinion. It is MUCH more.
shopping yes, with dining, entertainment, festivals, shows (Cirque, HOB concerts), rides, and a different kind of place than the other 4 parks.

I wouldn't exactly call it a theme park, but it's not really a theme "mall" either. I don't consider CityWalk a "mall" either. It's just a unique shopping/dining/entertainment district, complex, whatever

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
There are probably as many non-shopping stores at Downtown Disney as there are at EPCOT... just saying.

I don't think calling it a 'mall' is accurate in my opinion. It is MUCH more.
shopping yes, with dining, entertainment, festivals, shows (Cirque, HOB concerts), rides, and a different kind of place than the other 4 parks.

I wouldn't exactly call it a theme park, but it's not really a theme "mall" either. I don't consider CityWalk a "mall" either. It's just a unique shopping/dining/entertainment district, complex, whatever

There's not. EPCOT is a theme park. It's primary function is entertainment(used to be edutainment, but that's a story for another day).

Disney Springs primary function is a shopping district. All malls have eateries, so that can't be used as a way to define it as not a mall. So we are looking at a mall with a Cirque show tacked onto it.

Will it be one of the nicest malls in the country? No doubt about it. Still, it exists primarily as a shopping complex, or more commonly referred to, as a mall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom