'Disney Springs' - Downtown Disney expansion officially announced

articos

As promised earlier, I uploaded some art of the area known as the "Portal", where guests will exit the east gargage and enter the Springs.
(Assuming plans don't change...)
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=4148
Here's a photo of the interior elevator lobby of Americana's garage, which may give a sense of what a garage lobby by the same design company can look like. The style may be different, but you can tell they don't look like your standard mall garage entry. I don't expect RCID to spend quite what Caruso spent, so I don't expect as much opulence, but there some similarities based on the drawings and also knowing what EM designs/builds.
P1160616-600x450.jpg

Now that I see these plans, I don't hold much hope for even one of these to be completed by October.
The first garage should go up pretty quickly. Don't want to take that much parking away for Thanksgiving/Christmas. It may be done by end of Oct (5-6 months), but depends on how quickly things get going and how long the site prep takes.The portal buildings will not be done by Oct.
It looks like once again the character of Disney's village is changing substantially. Oddly, this is the first time I find myself not minding. The artwork looks really nice.
The Village Marketplace won't feel that much different. The rest of the complex will.

G00fyDad

So in your portal 2 pic are those stairs next to the escalators?

It doesn't look like it. It looks like 4 escalators. I've seen that. Heck, they have it in The Land Pavilion in EPCOT. Which always made me curious. Why are their stairs next to an escalator? As Mitch Hedberg said once “An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.”

Goofyernmost

It doesn't look like it. It looks like 4 escalators. I've seen that. Heck, they have it in The Land Pavilion in EPCOT. Which always made me curious. Why are their stairs next to an escalator? As Mitch Hedberg said once “An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.”
That was one of his better lines, but the answer to when does the escalator that became stairs stop being either? Answer" when they come to fix it or IF they come to fix it.:D

jt04

There will definately be elevators, and I suspect stairs as well.

Pretty sure it has to have stairs for safety reasons and elevators to meet ADA requirements. Can't wait to see the colorized versions of the concept art.

Whoever would have thought that parking garages could become such an integral part of a facility and have the ability to improve quality of life in an impactful way?

Me, that's who. :cool:

If I was the company designing these I would use it as an opportunity to showcase the possibilities. They are numerous and potentially profound if you consider self navigating transport systems of the future.

G00fyDad

Pretty sure it has to have stairs for safety reasons and elevators to meet ADA requirements. Can't wait to see the colorized versions of the concept art.

Whoever would have thought that parking garages could become such an integral part of a facility and have the ability to improve quality of life in an impactful way?

Me, that's who. :cool:

If I was the company designing these I would use it as an opportunity to showcase the possibilities. They are numerous and potentially profound if you consider self navigating transport systems of the future.

I'd imagine the same folks who were excited to see bathrooms in Fantasyland. ;) I get it though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom