News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

rezzyk

I want some Chicken Guy like woah. But I think I will avoid the area for now. I think Disney Springs is going to get swarmed with a mix of people who feel the need to just get out, and others who will take their Disney fix where they can get it.

Maybe I'll try Disney Springs once the parks open and everyone flocks there instead

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
New WDW President Jeff with New DPEP boss Josh
CA758590-C025-4CF9-A173-6F2CCB2EA947.jpeg

thomas998

Most are third party except the Marketplace area and outdoor vending. I wonder how that will be handled. Things like custodial, security, guest relations, stroller/wheelchair rental etc are all Disney as well.
I suspect that is the reason Disney opened them. By opening them up they can counter any tenant's attempt to end a lease agreement on the grounds that the leases value was rendered worthless by actions of Disney. I would be shocked if you had lots of customers or if Disney even cared whether they had customers there as this is probably just to protect their stream of lease payments.

Only way I could see Disney really caring is if Disney Springs leases included a percentage of the gross revenues from a tenant.

Amused to Death

Having the pavement sometimes marked as "Stand here" and other times marked as "Don't stand here" seems unnecessarily confusing.
Don’t forget “Stand Behind Here.”

I prefer the stand here markers .. confusing for everyone but especially kids.
You'd think Disney would have gone with something simple like standing on Mickey's feet.

Brooklin Disney Dad

I think it's telling that Disney owned locations at the Springs, including World of Disney, are specifically not opening with the area. They are counting on letting the 3rd parties guinea pig the details for a bit before taking specific risks, like food service, on themselves.
The guinea pig restaurants are the ones paying rent. Disney knows if they do not attempt to help get them some money, they will fold, leaving vacant sites. Not a good time for new business to start up at DS.

Stevek

Essentially a whole video of Vloggers running into other Vloggers in an empty Disney Springs lol
I watched about 2 minutes of Sweet Lou's livestream today and the joyful groan me made when he looked into the Boathouse restaurant....well, it would have been R-NC17 rated had it been in a movie :p He was a happy boy to say the least.

Piebald

I want some Chicken Guy like woah. But I think I will avoid the area for now. I think Disney Springs is going to get swarmed with a mix of people who feel the need to just get out, and others who will take their Disney fix where they can get it.

Maybe I'll try Disney Springs once the parks open and everyone flocks there instead
Do yourself a favor and go to Chicken Fire. It is one of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever had in the world let alone Orlando.

TeriofTerror

Per DFB:
"One of the biggest questions we’re being asked is if guests are still able to walk around Disney Springs with food and coffee. So, we checked this out at the reopened Joffrey’s. Various Cast Members told us that YES, you can walk around with a beverage or snack! They ask that you remove your mask to take a sip or bite, and replace it between sips or bites."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom