Disney Smells(scents) :)

GoofyFan1

Every morning at CBR I would walk to OPR for coffee. This meant crossing Parrot Cay. On the way back, there is a tree just before the bridge that smelled really sweet, esp. at Christmas. I just found a candle that smells almost exactly like that tree.:D

dixiegirl

chia92 we are from RI so very often i find myself during the warmer months going outside and saying it smells like a disney world morning!!! i'm glad im not the only one!! also if i catch a wiff of exaust from a bus i feel like im in disney, sad but true!

Pigtails

The Great Cerimonial House at the Poly

The brownies baking at Mrs Potts Cubbord in Fantasyland

The water in IASW

Anywhere in Fantasyland, really (I used to work there)

Popcorn

The bakery on Main Street in the morning

Inside the monorails

The Cantina in Mexico

Inside the Mexico pavilion

Rome in Spaceship Earth

The dinosaur part of UoE

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I don't think anyone has said my favorite yet!! The room right after Dreamfinder's painting with Painter Figment. Everything is white and pink and delicate. It's that soft, sweet rose smell that comes out of Painter Figment's pot.

Ahhh, it's what I want my heaven to smell like. :D

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Makes scents to me

I think it was said once before, but if you miss the Horizons orange smell, start looking forward to Soarin', whether it's California or Florida, the oranges will be back.

I also enjoy the fire and brimstone smell in Universe of energy. It may be the same smell in SSE, I'll have to do them back to back and compare.

Most of the Epcot countries except for the US and Canada have nice food smells. France patiseree (sp?, I didn't take French) and Main Street Confectioners.

The smell of fireworks if they are drifting the right way.

Fresh baked goods in Philharmagic.

Kwit35

Re: Makes scents to me

Originally posted by ClemsonTigger
I think it was said once before, but if you miss the Horizons orange smell, start looking forward to Soarin', whether it's California or Florida, the oranges will be back.

Is this true? Or is it just wishful thinking? I had not heard this before. I do miss Horizons and that smell and this alone would draw me to Soarin".

poohbear6103

Totally agree with pigtails. I love the Rome smell at Spaceship Earth and the Great Ceremonial House. I alos love the smell of the Contemporary when they open the doors of the monorail. I even, believe it or not, like the smell of the monorail. Certain cars smell better than others though;) I wake up many a spring day and swear I smell Disney outside my window.

Polynesian June 2003
Polynesian October 2003
Polynesian September 2004 (ready or not here we come!!!)

MinnieMe

Smells in Philharmagic

Oh, what I would give to know the exact blend of spices used for the scent Agrabah in the Aladdin feature of Philharmagic! It is just heavenly and my husband and I would douse our whole house in it. Anyone know?

Thelazer

There used to be a "Jasmine" smell in Philermagic, it happend not to long after the start of "A whole new world", while you were still "flying" thur the air.

The last 2 times I've gone to see the show the scent didn't happen. I suspect they may have been taken it out, as you could hear the spraying of the scent over the music and the sound may have been a distraction as the music is quite soft at that point.

I for one, say BRING IT BACK!

Other fav smells.
-Roses by Fenton- JII
-Lorange at Horizons.
-Damp Earth, not in use anymore at UOE.
-Poly Hotel
-AK Lodge

Jasmine?)

josh_e_washie

Yeah my friends always think i'm weird when we'll be walking at night around campus and suddenly i say "STOP!!!!"....they all look at me in suspense as i start to inhale the air..."ahhh...this part of the quad smells like disney!" They all roll their eyes and some mutter 'not again...' At least they understand my obsession!!!!:lol: :lol:

diddy_mouse

in no particular order...

water rides - Splash Mtn, and Pirates of the Caribbean
rome burning :lol:
turkey legs
the monorail
the a/c
the pools at the hotels (i.e. cholrine)
main st.
japan at Epcot :slurp:
haunted mansion
the hotel room (i think its something with the a/c :))
lobby at port orleans french quarter
popcorn
toasted almonds at Epcot

grr...i wish i was back there now :(

barnum42

You've already covered most of my Disney Smells (Oranges being the first that always crops to mind).

However there is another very strong smell that is pure Disney for me. On the Pangani trail you will discover that the gorillas do not use deodorant.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Re: Re: Makes scents to me

Originally posted by Kwit35
Is this true? Or is it just wishful thinking? I had not heard this before. I do miss Horizons and that smell and this alone would draw me to Soarin".

No, it's true, so plan on it. There is an orange smell going through the orange groves, pine smell for the north country and a sea spray smell for the ocean.

will_hsv

Yesterday afternoon, I took my kids to Sam's Club(Warehouse store for those who do not know) and there was a man in a diesel pickup truck parked near the door loading a gril into the back. Well, my six year old looks at me and says, "That smell reminds me of Disney World". Oh how I love the smell of diesel in the morning.

Sir Hiss527

What kind of soap does Disney use? That is the best smelling soap i've ever smelt before..:lol:

I like Main Street smell
Popcorn in Liberty Square
Columbia Harbor House
Monorail
Tower of Terror

Why the heck are we talking about smelling Disney?...:D

Kwit35

Originally posted by will_hsv
Yesterday afternoon, I took my kids to Sam's Club(Warehouse store for those who do not know) and there was a man in a diesel pickup truck parked near the door loading a gril into the back. Well, my six year old looks at me and says, "That smell reminds me of Disney World". Oh how I love the smell of diesel in the morning.
Where in Huntsville are you? I have lived everywhere, including Huntsville (twice). Mt. Gap school for 3 years. Randolph for 1/2 a year. I was so sad to see that the theater I saw Star Wars in was gone (tornado).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom