Disney Smells(scents) :)

Sloan

take one home

I've managed to 'find' one of the smells so I can enjoy it at home. Specifically, a few people have mentioned the Confectionary on Main Street and/or the cotton candy aromas. Try the Warm Vanilla Sugar liquid hand-soap from Bath and Body Works (or is it the Body Shop?) - wash and enjoy - just like Main Street!!!

One of my favorites that I've not seen mentioned is the general sweet/chocolate smell upon entering The Land in EPCOT - not always so prominant, but a favorite for sure ....

Dayma

My favorites....

El Tiempo, POTC - The smell of the water.
SSE - Burning Dark Ages
Haunted Mansion in general..

DCL

I have always loved the smell of the flowers and the grass with the morning dew when you walk out of the hotel...

...however it's not just in disney world.... when it gets warm up here, I swear some days it smells just like disney world!!

ohhhh only 32 days to go!

Chape19714

Here's my list

Mickey's PhilharMagic

Muppet-Vision

Almost any Disney Air Conditioning

The Haunted Mansion (maybe still the air conditioning, but the air feels and smells almost moist, or maybe i'm crazy!:hammer: )

The Monorail

Wilderness Lodge

Burning Rome Smell inside Spaceship Earth

Splash Mountain

Kali River Rapids

Ok, that's all i can think of for now!!

MKCP 1985

After once upon a time working for about a month in what is now Casey's Corner, I can still smell those doggoned Hormel hot dogs evolving from frozen to in the bag, and the unsold ones going to the dumpster out near the Jungle Cruise. That hot dog smell is my strongest memory of a Disney scent.

The Magic Kingdom popcorn at the Main Street train station and around the Frontierland Wagon are another scent of which I am more fond. The smell of vinegar and cotton rags, wiping down the glass on those popcorn wagons at the end of a very late shift (yes, every time) kind of goes along with that, though.

I don't associate the smell of the monorail of which some of you speak. I do strongly associate the sound of the approaching monorail with the Disney magic. A bit of a rumble, then a kind of swoosh, followed by a clack-clack, clack-clack and so forth as the monorail train enters the platform. Very relaxing.

Ringo8n24

The smell of the lobby at WL is very soothing. Love it! The smell of food at Mexico (EPCOT). The food court at The Land. Gosh...so many to name. If something even remotely smells like it when I am not at WDW, I so want to get back there. I wish I could bottle it and keep it with me when I am missing the place. That is great that other people feel the same way. People who are not into Disney would think we are crazy, but they just do not understand the comfort in that unique WDW smell.

Yellowbird97

I love those Disney smells: Polynesian Lobby is one of the best smells in the universe! On our first trip to WDW in 1980 we stayed at Poly, and to this day my kids, who are now grown-ups, have to go there to get their "smells" in as soon as we get there, no matter where we are staying. Kinda kicks off our vacation. The popcorn smell in MK by the railroad entrance is another great smell for us, in fact we always meet each other at popcorn stands in all parks if we get sepparated. Next smell-a-vacation is in July, can't wait. Sniffers get ready:sohappy:

josh_e_washie

I am a particular fan of Rainforest Cafe smells as well. I also love the smell of walking around resorts at night...when it is slightly humid and dark.....:) I love it!

bigfatdonna

The smell on the Concourse floor at Contemporary, right outside of the gift shop that sells fudge. I swear that they are piping that stuff out on purpose!

The monorail....we have actually been out and about and my son has said "Mommy, this place smells like the monorail!" and by George, he's usually right.

Inside Pecos Bills

Epcot, right after Illuminations.

And this is one you either love or hate ( I happen to love it!) In Germany at Epcot, right before entering the Biergarten. I love the red cabbage.

hmmmmmm, most of mine have to do with food. Pitiful, pitiful.:slurp:

Danrol388

My fav smells are:

1) The rides, the water on Pirates and Tiempo are great! The great movie ride also has its own special scent.

2) The hotel rooms themselves and the resorts. Just walking down a hallway to get to your room, or the lobby, and even your room. The sheets and pillows have there own unique scent.

tigger248

splash mountain-it reminds me of my college program since I worked in the photo shop.
mickeys philharmagic-I especially love the apple pie
the snack place in Liberty square I think it's called Sleepy Hollow or something-it reminds me of when I worked in Heritage House on my college program
the monorail
main street-especially the bakery and ice cream parlor
the turkey leg stand-makes me think of frontierland another cp memory
spaceship earth-especially the burning of rome
the christmas shop
any gift shop
any water (like fountains and rides)
Oh the list could go on. I can't wait for July. When will it be here?:lol:

chia92

I agree!

Originally posted by Dreamflight4Eva
I have always loved the smell of the flowers and the grass with the morning dew when you walk out of the hotel...

...however it's not just in disney world.... when it gets warm up here, I swear some days it smells just like disney world!!

I agree. There has been many a morning here in Massachusetts that I walk out of the house and say to DH it smells like Disney World today. I love that smell! It is my absolute favorite.

Stitch79

I love the smell of the AKL lodge lobby and the sauerkraut smell from the Biergarten. One smell I don't care for is the turkey legs, no thanks!

Nineinchnailsmk

Usually when i go places with lots of indoor water i am instantly reminded of disney, especially the indoor water rides. That is one of my favorite scents.

I also love the smell of rome burning on spaceship earth.

awallaceunc

Ooo! Ooo! I'm smelling the Disney hotel smell right now... you know, the way the rooms smell there? It's great! It's like most hotel smells, but just a tad different... cleaner, perhaps? :D

-Aaron

Whenever I am near a bus the smell reminds me of waiting for busses back to the resorts. Also, one of the CDs I have has the song from PotC on it and I swear every time I listen to it I can feel the chill from the AC and smell the water from the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom