Disney Smells(scents) :)

spoodles

All the above and... the Disney Stores in the UK!! They must use the same air freshner as the parks and resorts... its just a general `Disney smell` that makes us smile everytime!

I agree, I always thought the Disney Stores smelled like WDW in general, if that's possible. More likely I'm just crazy.

LadyDarling

The smell of the roasting almonds during MVMCP! I always go during christmas so everything smells like pine and cinnamon. All festive smells!

PeeplMoovr

Along the lines of Rome burning in SSE, I also like the forest fire in Kali River Rapids.

For those, like me, that miss the Horizons orange smell - if the WDW Soarin is like the one in Disneyland, it has the orange smell again!

BwanaBob

I'm particularly fond of the 'standing-in-line-70-minutes-at-3-in-the-afternoon' aroma!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

"Whats THAT you're wearing?.....Nothing??.....Wow! I'll have to get me some of that!"

polynesiangirl

I love when this sort of stuff is brought up, since the smells of WDW are HUGE for me, haha! In no particular order:

1. Water rides - Biggest one for me hands down. I swear I get all misty eyed the first whiff I get of them on my trips. :)

2. Polynesian - we love this hotel (duh, look at my name) and every tropical flower me or my family smells back at home is instantly met with a wistful "Ohh, smells like the Polynesian!"

3. Rome burning - haha, I wasn't sure how many other people would note this one, though really, how can you miss it?

4. Monorail - it's not even a really *good* smell per se, (let's be honest here, haha,) but it is so instantly recognizeable and symbolic of good things that it has *become* a good smell.

5. Main Street - It's a good thing I've usually just eaten breakfast when we walk down Main Street or I'd probably put away about 7,000 calories right off the bat from walking past some of those shops.

6. Contemporary Lobby/Monorail exit - I had never even *thought* about this one before I read it in a couple of people's posts here, but it totally does have a distinct and happiness-inducing smell! Another one of my all time favorite hotels.

And many of the others that have been mentioned here before - glad to know I'm nto alone on this one, smells are a huge part of what reminds me of the happiest place I know!

Loretta

Originally posted by AllThatsJoey
The Bus / Tram Fumes.
The burning Rome in Spaceship Earth.
The smell of Test Track when you start breaking after the outside run.
Any circulating water on Property.
Mainstreet.
Mc Donalds french fry smell inside of the Dinosaur building.
The inside of any gift shop.
The mildew smell of the Splash Mountain logs.
The smell while on the Walt Disney World Railroad.
That Monorail carpet glue.
The inside of the Contemporary when the resort monorail doors open.
The inside of Rock N Rollercoaster.

As I confessed in another post my husband and I have never been on the monorails, something we are going to correct come October. I have to ask. Monorail carpet glue smell??:

bgraham34

Honestly I can't remember any smells anymore. I can't even remember smells from Hawaii and that was last month. I wish i could.

FatBoy976

How about walking by the Main Street bakery/ice cream parlor?

I think the water in Orlando has a sort of sulfur smell and taste to it. I'm assuming that's what we all smell at the water rides.

BalooChicago

Last trip I realized there is a "Ketchup/French Fries" smell that takes me to Disney... The smells in Philharmagic are the best yet!

sarajo

Most of my favorite smells have already been posted, but thought I'd add my $.02 in for good measure!

Good smells:
entering the great ceremonial house at the Polynesian... reminds me of my earliest days at Disney (when a room only cost $22 per night!)

walking by Main Street Bakery- ummm... chocolate chip cookies!

the "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" outside the GF lobby during the holidays (but the chestnuts themselves are pretty disgusting!)

Not so good smells:
one of the smells that does bother me (please don't take offense because I used to like them) is the turkey legs. I was sick one trip and that's all my family wanted to eat in the parks... so that smell is associated with :hurl: !!

UncleJeet

Most of the smells I think of have also been posted, but there's one that we always have to make a trip over to get. (And, oddly enough, it's usually the only reason why we go to Fort Wilderness.)

When I was a kid, we stayed at the Poly or Fort Wilderness when we'd go. The lobby of the polynesian instantly smells like fun and good times to me, but the smell of the gift shop / general store in Fort Wilderness takes me waaaaay back to kid times. I love it.

And yes, the AKL lobby smell.....yum.

I love the smell of the:
1 Jungle cruise, when the water fall is almost over you

2 Haunted Mansion, without a doubt! you can almost smell the dead LOL while in the pre show there is a smell that takes me back to the ride! LOL

3 for me the humidity in the air is a smell that takes me back to FL... since i live in chicago humid weather isn't common..(but today it is, i feel like i am in FL again)

4.MGM's great movie ride when the fog come up surronding the people and their "new host" comes along to steal a jewel.

5 Frontierland!!! thunder MT. , Splash mt.

6.Pirates of the caribbean

7.the smell of any resort room or lobby.

many i can't recall but i am leaving in 78 days i believe!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Smelling the air as I get off the airplane at MCO.

The smell of the guest rooms.

The musty/mildew smell of Splash Mountain.

The monorail scent. :)

The popcorn cart as you enter Main Street.

The bakery smells that are pumped out into Main Street from the Bakery and the Confectionary. :slurp:

The obvious scent from Rome on SSE.

The smell of the air conditioning at almost any attraction.

There's a subtle (I think) scent in the boiler room at ToT.

ZHoyt

I think the resort smells are some of the best. The Wilderness Lodge has a great woodsy smell, the Grand Floridian has a wonderful scent as well. But my all time favorite smell is the Beach Club. I don't know how to describe it, other than Beach Club Smell. It's one of the most comforting smells in the world to me.

As for in the parks, the popcorn is always enticing, but the nuts at EPCOT are by far the best smelling carts in WDW. In rides, I have to go with the Haunted Mansion. All of the sensory effects there just blow me away.

Pippa

Originally posted by marni1971
All the above and... the Disney Stores in the UK!! They must use the same air freshner as the parks and resorts... its just a general `Disney smell` that makes us smile everytime!

Really!? I will make a point of smelling next time I go in a Disney Store (we don't have one in Eastbourne)!

To me the whole of America has a "smell", in a good way, of course!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
My favorite smells include the ones in Mickey's PhilarMagic and the the great burning smell in Spaceship Earth.

If we're talking out of any Disney theme park though, the orange smells in Soarin' Over California are the best.

But the best smell out of any theme park ride is that great smell in E.T. Adventure at Universal Studios Florida....oh how I love that smell! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom