Disney slowly losing our dollars.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Over the past few months i have seen what WDW has become. i am starting to prefer Seaworld and Uni over Disney. I often go to the parks and "ask where is this magic?" i find myself pushing through crowds, people cutting inline, and people stressing out. MyMagic+ is supposed to eliminate most of this, but average people like me, cant afford $95 to get into MK any more. If i dont get the "magic" with my next visit, ill be spending more time at Uni and Seaworld. I want to go to DL tokyo and spend time on a cruise. But that will be when im richer.

BiffyClyro

Yeah us too, every time we have gone to Florida we have got unlimited 2/3 weeks Disney passes and unlimited Universal, however this year we are just doing MK and getting unlimited universal. I suppose part of it is because me and my bro are older (even though Disney is obviously enjoyable for us), so we tend to go on the bigger rides. The Disney tickets are so expensive and we found Universal tickets are way cheaper!

Also, i know this is standard for most theme park attractions including Universal etc. but it makes me so angry that you have to pay $14 + just to park! I think it's disgusting when you pay all that money for your ticket!

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Agree Dave. The difference between yourselves and us poor Scots is we don't have so many choices of cuisines,( well I don't ) so to me WDW is a Wonka food paradise and your portions are double the size therefore making it a better deal.Example,new owners of a restaurant in my village charge $40.00 for a fillet of beef,$15.00 for the potatoe & veg,$5.00 for the steak sauce.Thats a total of $60.00 and that's just your entree for one person,and I wouldn't class this as a signature restaurant.P.S. The fillet steak is approx 6oz.:(
I wish i had the dining choices you do mr Hatter :(

ParentsOf4

Who'da thunk it?! Conversation with friends and BAM! Scored an excellent deal right here on a room I was working on all day today! Awesome-sauce! I looooove WDWMagic!

Thanks again, @EOD K9!
So with just a couple of messages you were able to score an excellent deal on a WDW vacation from a total stranger but after years of loyalty to Disney, what could you score from them?

Is that the sound of crickets I'm hearing?

I think I know why this thread is titled "Disney slowly losing our dollars".:rolleyes:

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
i understand why everyone here revs on about UNI but imho those parks just don't have the same feel as Disney.Also i couldn't imagine spending more than a couple of days here. so with seaworld being a 1dayer thats 3 of 14 days non disney and i for one will still be sending my pounds Disney's way in the majority until uni changes its image.

danpam1024

trying to plan our December trip and I keep asking myself "why in the world are you going to pay double the price for 1/2 the room size just because it's on property?" I guess we've always stayed because it is easy, but so is getting a cab- and it's less crowded and STILL costs less. At the end of the month, before I book December, DH and I will be doing an off property Orlando vacation while DS is at camp. We're going to give local foodie restaurants a try and see how they compare. We gave up our annual passes a long time ago, but have always kept Uni and Sea World- Disney's are getting absurd. But as DH says, Disney is doing something right- people keep going and keep dishing it out :(

SMS55

well, some people only go to these places once in their life or not at all. I think you just need a break from going and then maybe in a few years, you will want to go back to all the parks.

I think that's a big thing. Those of us in this group are a very small minority. Most people don't go that often. They'll go once or twice. It is like any other vacation, where they will go and just spend. I don't want to get into a politics or economics debate but with a weak dollar it is tempting for Europeans to come to Disney and spend their money. As a Florida resident I am used to getting annual passes and go 3-4 times with seasonal passes. I don't care to go during spring break, or Christmas, so I won't pay for those days. We are buying tickets now in August because my daughter is still two. After those expire we may take a little break. It will be another ticket to add. We might just go during the spring and or fall promotions where a resident pay $120 for 3 days and maybe add the hopper option. Seems more reasonable.

Occasional Guest

We love Disney and in the past have made the once a year trip. Now that we have two kids to pay for and the prices keep going up we have opted for a beach front condo in Mrytle Beach the last two years for half the price. This middle America family is pretty much priced out as I can only budget so much for a vacation every year. Disney now would take us two years to budget for and I don't want to staycation every other year.

draybook

i understand why everyone here revs on about UNI but imho those parks just don't have the same feel as Disney.Also i couldn't imagine spending more than a couple of days here. so with seaworld being a 1dayer thats 3 of 14 days non disney and i for one will still be sending my pounds Disney's way in the majority until uni changes its image.

I don't mean this in a rude way, but Universal won't be changing their image anytime soon. They don't have the space to copy the "Disney" feel of being away from it all.

What they do have is cutting edge technology in their attractions and the cajones to move forward with their projects. You've got the Transformers ride opening on the 20th, parts of Springfield are open now, and they're quickly working on the second part of Harry Potter. Meanwhile, WDW gave us a cloned DCA ride, a glorified M&G, 2 eateries and 1 original ride on the way. And let's not even get started on the stalled Avatarland......

Heck, maybe this upcoming 2 year break from WDW is what is needed for us.

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
I don't mean this in a rude way, but Universal won't be changing their image anytime soon. They don't have the space to copy the "Disney" feel of being away from it all.

What they do have is cutting edge technology in their attractions and the cajones to move forward with their projects. You've got the Transformers ride opening on the 20th, parts of Springfield are open now, and they're quickly working on the second part of Harry Potter. Meanwhile, WDW gave us a cloned DCA ride, a glorified M&G, 2 eateries and 1 original ride on the way. And let's not even get started on the stalled Avatarland......

Heck, maybe this upcoming 2 year break from WDW is what is needed for us.
Not taken in a rude way at all.I understand UNI won't be changing their image ( It works wonders for them ) .Just that i prefer the whole feel of Disney

cynic710

im at the point where we go about every 3 years...this span of time makes you re-appreciate the parks and deal with the prices. it actually helped me to take time between trips and start to "miss" the world all over again. too much of anything, including disney, is never a good thing. 3 years and the trip is magical all over again :)

bgraham34

Because Disney is the way they are now, I certainly spend less money at the parks than I did before. We spent way more on Souvenirs and this last trip we brought only a Dumbo Plush home for my son. We got nothing for ourselves which we have never done before.

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
Honestly, I prefer the feel of Disney too. Especially since I'm not a rollercoaster or simulator person, which are two main things at Universal. I'm just tired of the guys in charge at TDO milking the crap out of us while Uni shows them how to do things.
I don't think UNI is showing Disney how to do things to a point its apples and oranges . I go to Florida to do Disney and as an aside will go to UNI.I have had a holiday at only Disney but would never do that the other way round.What UNI does very well is throw money at projects to get them done.If Disney was willing/able to do this and get projects done Quicker then it would probably get less flack from fans.

Patrick_Ears

im at the point where we go about every 3 years...this span of time makes you re-appreciate the parks and deal with the prices. it actually helped me to take time between trips and start to "miss" the world all over again. too much of anything, including disney, is never a good thing. 3 years and the trip is magical all over again :)

Same here. Love to go to other places like N.Y, Vegas, etc etc. It's just something about that place that gets to me..hahaaa

Alexis

You're not the only one. Disney is getting quite expensive, especially due to the Magic Kingdom $95 dollar rise in price entrance for a 1 day ticket, which we usually do. That is my favorite park, but since the price to get in is so expensive now, I'm skeptical of going there and maybe trying other things to do that don't cost so much money. I just feel bad that my parents have to spend so much money getting into a park for me. Are there any cheaper reliable ticket sellers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom