Disney Sisters 1st trip to Disney Land - May 2013

IndianaJones

Wow - put me on the spot and make me pick.
If I had to choose ONE show - World of Color with Aladdin a VERY close 2nd
Attraction - umm...uhhh...make me pick...sheesh...I'd say Radiator Springs Racers - at night
Restaurant - ummmmmmm...for table service - I'd say Goofy's (because I L.O.V.E. Goofy!), QS I'd say French Market in New Orleans Square - it was nice to have OTHER options than burgers, salads & hot dogs.

On my list for our next trip: Blue Bayou, Golden Horseshoe, Ariel's Grotto & Carthay Circle
WOC and Aladdin are both very good. Can't miss shows for me when I go.

I loved Radiator Springs Racers as well. Doing it at night was spectacular.

We did Goofy's Kitchen a few years ago. Loved the variety of characters that came up. And I've never had French Market.

We've done both Blue Bayou and Carthay last trip. Had lovely experiences at both! And got the fast passes from WOC from Carthay.

Thanks so much for sharing this trip! it was fun to see.

gboiler1

Of all the times I've been to Hollywood, I've never done a bus tour, so I'm doing a lot of research especially the Star Line Tours including TMZ for our next trip in July/August. Anyway with Grayline, it looks like you were inside. Would you have preferred open air and how often did they stop at sights? Was 10 hours a long day?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Of all the times I've been to Hollywood, I've never done a bus tour, so I'm doing a lot of research especially the Star Line Tours including TMZ for our next trip in July/August. Anyway with Grayline, it looks like you were inside. Would you have preferred open air and how often did they stop at sights? Was 10 hours a long day?

I wouldn't have preferred open air as I burn easily - however - taking photos from the bus kinda sucked due to the reflection from the glass.
- We stopped about Hollywood boulevard for 45min-1 hour (I think) which was long enough to see things quicky, but not long enough to do what we wanted (dine at the Disney Soda Fountain)
- We did not stop at Rodeo Dr - just drove down it
- We stopped at the Farmer's Market/Grove for a couple hours - long enough to dine at Johnny Rockets and shop a little
- We stopped at the beach for 2-3 hours (I think?)
If traffic wouldn't have been so bad, we probably would have stopped longer at Hollywood Blvd.

Hope this helps

gboiler1

Yes, thanks so much. Still trying to decide what all I want to do and what my 15 year old will enjoy. In 2008 we ate at the Soda Fountain right under Miley Cyrus' guitar and my daughter was in heaven! We took in a movie at the El Capitan. We also toured the Chinese Theater.
This time I'd like to see a movie at the Chinese perhaps and tour the Egyptian.
I think we are planning on staying at the beach a couple nights with my family that lives in the LA area, so the stop would be a repeat, but the longer stay at Farmer's Market/The Grove is very generous.
So many choices...I think I may lean towards a Starline Tour but the Grayline does sound good depending on what you want to experience.

TP2000

I'm late to the party, but thank you for a great TR! It looks like you had a lot of fun and got almost all of Disneyland and DCA done in your week. Also glad you got off property for at least one day to get a taste of SoCal; there's much more to see and do in SoCal but you did the typical "tourist" Hollywood bus tour which can be thrilling for out of towners, so bravo!

A few random thoughts off the top of my head;
  • That's not traffic or a jam, it's just a big freeway with lots of cars on it. When you get into a traffic jam in LA, you will know it. ;)
  • Santa Monica can be convenient on bus tours for folks who simply want to dip their toe in the Pacific, but it's not a particularly pretty or comfortable beach. To be kind, it's rather "urban", and thus carries with it all of that urban baggage. There are beaches much, much closer to Disneyland in Orange County that are not only prettier but also cleaner, safer, and far less crowded. And the beachgoers in Orange County are better looking too, and when folks are wearing swimsuits that is important. :D
An Orange County Public Beach - Much Closer to Disneyland than Los Angeles County Urban Beaches
three_arch_bay_laguna_beach_1600.jpg

• It's amazing what they've packed into the two DLR parks isn't it?!? As much entertainment and rides as the four WDW parks combined.
  • LAX is a horrible airport; easily the worst big airport in the USA, if not the Western World. Long Beach Airport (JetBlue Hub) or John Wayne Airport (OC's Intl airport) are easier, nicer, newer, and MUCH closer to Disneyland than LAX.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom