DSCN1363.jpg
DSCN1551.jpg
DSCN1554.jpg
DSCN1555.jpg

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
We are in no real hurry to get to the resort. Aren't planning on doing a park that day, just dinner. I Know you need to get your luggage. Is it a far walk to the buses from the luggage area?

Yes and No - We were at gate 5 (I think) when we caught the bus and the luggage carousels are right by the exits but you have to dodge traffic and get to an "island" to catch the busses...it gets kinda crowded and hectic.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Aladdin (again) - did I mention how AMAZING this show is?? We watched this one from the 1st row in the 2nd balcony - still great seats!
DSCN1373.jpg
P1040152.jpg
P1040166.jpg
P1040169.jpg
P1040170.jpg

Then we went over to the Animation Academy & Sorcerer's Workshop - both were a lot of fun

P1040187.jpg
DSCN1578.jpg
DSCN1580.jpg
DSCN1581.jpg

Then I rode Tower of Terror by myself because my friends are chickens!

P1040195.jpg

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
And that's it! (For now?) We are going back FOR SURE for Christmastime in the next few years. We're going to hit up the few things we missed (Grizzly River, spending more time in toontown, etc).

Edit: Final thoughts/reactions

- Going to DL is SO worth it if you're a WDW vet. Staying off-site seems odd at 1st, but the DL hotels (except the Grand Californian) are just VERY expensive hotels - they're not the resorts we're used to at WDW. STAY OFF-SITE!!

- Spending a week with a 5-day park hopper was the perfect amount of time to see/do everything. We didn't feel rushed at all and were able to boune back and forth (as you could see) between the 2 parks.

- Pirates, IaSW, Space Mountain & Splash Mountain are SO MUCH better at DL than WDW. I forgot to post my Splash on-ride photo (which I will post in a bit)

- Photos - on that note - BUY the photopass package ahead of time - It was only $69 (I think?) and we got some great photos.

- I'm glad Cars Land & WoC are unique to DL and don't have any plans (for the mean-time) to be added to WDW. More reasons to come back to DL

Disneyland:
- Tomorrowland needs help - and by help I mean a complete re-do like FLE at WDW. The show buildings are old, dirty & faded. The ghost of the people-mover and orbiter-thingy on top of rocket tower plaza is a huge eye-sore. Captain EO can go and be replaced with something new all together. Innoventions needs...something.

DCA: no complaints really. I think the way they do the fastpass for WoC works, but it can be very confusing to 1st time guests.

...I may add to this as my memories come back to me but those are the main points

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Wonderful! Fabulous! Thank you so very much!

I'm curious how similar the Aladdin show will be to the Aladdin theater show on the Disney ships. We enjoy Genie's humor in the shipboard production. ;)

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Wonderful! Fabulous! Thank you so very much!

I'm curious how similar the Aladdin show will be to the Aladdin theater show on the Disney ships. We enjoy Genie's humor in the shipboard production. ;)

what ship is that on? I've only been on the Magic and I don't remember an Aladdin show.

The genie was great (both times, different actors). They can ad-lib at the drop of a hat. SO SO funny!!

sweetpee_1993

what ship is that on? I've only been on the Magic and I don't remember an Aladdin show.

The genie was great (both times, different actors). They can ad-lib at the drop of a hat. SO SO funny!!
I know we saw Aladdin on the Fantasy and (we think) on our longer 8-night voyage on the Magic. The Genie does ad lib and its great!

Cosmic Commando

I know we saw Aladdin on the Fantasy and (we think) on our longer 8-night voyage on the Magic. The Genie does ad lib and its great!
Just from watching a youtube clip of the DCL show, it looks like they ported the show right from DCA. It seems like the DCL Genie has a tighter leash, just from the five minutes that I watched. Hopefully the staging will be a lot better, also, on a theater that does not also have to float. ;)

IndianaJones

Great trip report! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. What would you say was your favorite thing? Attraction, show, or restaurant, curious as to what you like the most.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Great trip report! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. What would you say was your favorite thing? Attraction, show, or restaurant, curious as to what you like the most.

Wow - put me on the spot and make me pick.
If I had to choose ONE show - World of Color with Aladdin a VERY close 2nd
Attraction - umm...uhhh...make me pick...sheesh...I'd say Radiator Springs Racers - at night
Restaurant - ummmmmmm...for table service - I'd say Goofy's (because I L.O.V.E. Goofy!), QS I'd say French Market in New Orleans Square - it was nice to have OTHER options than burgers, salads & hot dogs.

On my list for our next trip: Blue Bayou, Golden Horseshoe, Ariel's Grotto & Carthay Circle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom