Disney Screwed up

Nemo14

I know you're disappointed that it won't be the "dream proposal" that you were prepared for, but believe me, you 2 will laugh about this for years to come. And make the most of it now, find some spontaneous moment to propose (while waiting in line, or maybe on her favorite ride, or riding on the monorail) and threaten to turn the pins in if she says no :D.

Congratulations!

pinkrose

Bless your heart! :( It's heartbreaking when things like that happen.

I hope that everything else is going well and I can't wait to hear her answer!

Krack

last post I promise until after dinner!

I turned the pins over as fast as possible and the CM said no? And my girlfriend just smiled and said "I think you just gave a way a surprise".

She handled it very well, though I saw a tear as we walked back to the car after check in.

I haven't proposed yet. We've been trying not to talk about it! Ha! I still have my deliveries coming to dinner so I will atleast let you know what she says!

I think I would abort the mission entirely and regroup for another surprise a month or two down the road. But that's me.

The Mom

Premium Member
I know you're disappointed that it won't be the "dream proposal" that you were prepared for, but believe me, you 2 will laugh about this for years to come. And make the most of it now, find some spontaneous moment to propose (while waiting in line, or maybe on her favorite ride, or riding on the monorail) and threaten to turn the pins in if she says no :D.

Congratulations!

I can't even remember the exact circumstances of my husband's proposal, but I know it wasn't any sort of dream proposal.

But our marriage has lasted over 30 years, and we are still very much in love. Everything else involved with the engagement/marriage process really wasn't as important, especially looking back.

So go on your cruise, just propose when it feels right (without worrying about making it "perfect") and accept that life is going to be full of little disappointments, but with love you can overcome anything.

TOTGuy

This happened once at the Poly. A great, new CM saw engagement in the comments box and said congratulations, only to find the guest hadn't asked yet. We were all mortified and I'm pretty sure the CM was on the verge of tears. While the guest was understandably disappointed he stayed very calm. We upgraded them to a suite from a Garden View and since they were splitting their trip between a few hotels we got them upgraded at the other resorts as well. I just make it a rule of thumb when we see engagement just to say "Are you celebrating something while you're here?" to gauge the waters. A lesson learned but on the other hand they still had a magical vacation and she said yes!
Congrats to you and don't let this spoil it. It was an honest mistake and they are trying to make it up to you. Enjoy the fireworks cruise!

devoy1701

Original Poster
Just wanted all of you to know that she said yes!

I won't be posting anymore this weekend but I will say more on Sunday. including the SECOND screw up at dinner! What a day!

PixyDust

I have found that when you plan for something to be perfect, it rarely is.

Don't stress, enjoy the fireworks, and don't keep thinking about it. Nothing can be done to take it back, so don't dwell on it.

Have a great trip!

harveyt0206

Congratulations on getting a "yes". In all honesty, that is truly what tonight was all about. I am so sorry for the mistake and hope that you can simply enjoy the rest of your weekend as a "newly engaged couple".

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Congrats!:sohappy:

We had a screw up on our honeymoone at WL but fast forward 8 years and it's insignificant to the great times we have had together.

jakeman

I would also contact Guest Services after your trip and follow up. Not for any additional compensation, but this was a once in a lifetime moment. Disney should have their checks and balances more in order than that.

miles1

I can't even remember the exact circumstances of my husband's proposal, but I know it wasn't any sort of dream proposal.

But our marriage has lasted over 30 years, and we are still very much in love. Everything else involved with the engagement/marriage process really wasn't as important, especially looking back.

So go on your cruise, just propose when it feels right (without worrying about making it "perfect") and accept that life is going to be full of little disappointments, but with love you can overcome anything.

See above.

Twenty five or thirty years from now this will all be laughable. DW has even forgiven me for forgetting her name during the vows at the altar. (I am not making this up, I was that nervous).

I'm sure the incident has ruffled some feathers at WDW, and as big of an operation as it is, it's still run by human beings with some sensitivity. I wouldn't be amazed if there were some more surprises in store for you if you take them up on the cruise and let it go without too many complaints.

Congratulations!

Rob562

As others have said, I'm sure it will become one of those things you laugh about in the coming years...

A co-worker knew that her boyfriend was preparing to propose to her, because even though he's hidden the ring, the box, the bag, the various certificates and sales receipts that came with it....he accidentally left the receipt from the jewelry store's credit card machine on the kitchen table...

And another couple I know ended up with three rings at their wedding ceremony... One half of the couple didn't want a ring, so they'd decided not to get rings.
But secretly the one who wanted a ring still got matching rings for both of them. Meanwhile, feeling bad about the not-getting-rings thing, the other one got the first one a ring. So along comes the ceremony (simple backyard ceremony), and they each secretly give the best man the rings they have, who now has no idea how to handle three rings... :lol: I know the one changed their mind and they wear the matching rings, but I'm still not sure what they did with the 3rd ring...

Both couples now laugh about the incidents.

-Rob

librarylady

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say. Only said better. :) The important thing is the marriage - not the engagement or wedding. They're special but you'll have many, many years of other nice memories. Congratulations!! :sohappy:

Ex Cast Member

Enjoy the free cruise! I've heard they are spectacular! Maybe that would be a good time to propose ;-)

Also, be thankful that you have the very special right to propose to the one you love and assuming they say yes, marry them!

Sincere Congratulations!!!!!

trr1

well the mom if thats a picture of you. you dont look old enough to be married that long

powlessfamily4

I don't blame you for being upset. On the other hand... She was still REALLY surprised and so were you!!! :) On top of that it was just so darn spontaneous!!!!

Seriously .... I know it ruined your plans.... but you have a long wonderful life ahead of you with her. Don't let it overshadow your time. Celebrate your engagement and have a great time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom