• Castle Show

Votes: 65 35.7%
  • Music

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 67 36.8%

• Total voters

doctornick

I agree with DAK getting something like WoC, because it does not use fireworks. I think the non use of fireworks would not affect the animals in their habitats.

True. I think a World Color type show would be great as nighttime entertainment at DAK if/when they extend the hours to full days. You could easily theme it to "World of Animals" (hopefully something more creative) and feature scenes from Disney movies with animals, some of which are underutilized. Off hand, you could easy feature scenes from: Bambi, Jungle Book, Dumbo, Tarzan, Lady & the Tramp, Finding Nemo, Little Mermaid, Lion King, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians, Aristocats, Fox and the Hound, Winnie the Pooh, Brother Bear, Bolt. Or even use animal heavy scenes from Pocahontas, Snow White, Cinderella, etc.

I would think they'd need to build a dedicated theater for it, like Fantasmic has at DHS.

disneypearl

I would love it if it was something similar to the Villians Mix and Mingle. The villians come out at certain times and entertain all with song and dance.

Another fun idea would be to have the the village people from the Beauty and the Beast come out and sing like in the movie while Belle and Gaston walk among the guests.

JimboJones123

Its so laughable now that they are shaking in their boots knowing that this expansion has NOTHING on the planned HP expansion. I guess they'll learn what happens when you cut corners and slash budgets.

When they start seeing attendance fall -- then there will be boot shaking. Until then, I wouldn't be surprised to see things get as bad as Disneyland around the turn of the Millennium. Seriously, that place was a dump before the 50th started ramping up. Disney World is getting there. Epcot feels like Tomorrowland 2002. Most of the MK is feeling as crusty as Fantasyland and Main Street at that time.

koryadams

Maybe something in Belle's Village? Like a street show like they added to Buena Vista Street. And also maybe something like that in Storybook Circus. If it's for Fantasyland, then it will be in Fantasyland...thats where I am confused if it will be something released when the new land opens like a parade/stage show, or if it will be in the land itself. It could be something next to the new restrooms

Magenta Panther

Maybe something in Belle's Village? Like a street show like they added to Buena Vista Street. And also maybe something like that in Storybook Circus. If it's for Fantasyland, then it will be in Fantasyland...thats where I am confused if it will be something released when the new land opens like a parade/stage show, or if it will be in the land itself. It could be something next to the new restrooms
Wow, that Belle's Village street-show idea is a cool one! Imagine cast members performing a live recreation of the BatB movie scene where Belle walks through the "provincial village". That could be amazing. The performance could begin with random, costumed cast members from the Tavern and the gift shops singing "Bon jour!" to park guests, and then Belle could appear, meandering down the street, reading her book and singing about her dreams. Then the cast members could sing to park guests about what a strange girl Belle is, and then the performance could build from there, with Gaston making an appearance and the entire cast ending the street show with a rousing musical grand finale. And then they'd all disperse and go about their business, just like in the movie. That could be awesome!

Tom Morrow

Most of the MK is feeling as crusty as Fantasyland and Main Street at that time.
If I'm understanding you correctly, I kind of disagree here. I think the MK looks and feels significantly more fresh and beautiful than it did 6 years ago (sans maybe Tomorrowland). Its just stale from not having any substantial offerings for 20 years.

koryadams

Wow, that Belle's Village street-show idea is a cool one! Imagine cast members performing a live recreation of the BatB movie scene where Belle walks through the "provincial village". That could be amazing. The performance could begin with random, costumed cast members from the Tavern and the gift shops singing "Bon jour!" to park guests, and then Belle could appear, meandering down the street, reading her book and singing about her dreams. Then the cast members could sing to park guests about what a strange girl Belle is, and then the performance could build from there, with Gaston making an appearance and the entire cast ending the street show with a rousing musical grand finale. And then they'd all disperse and go about their business, just like in the movie. That could be awesome!
I wasn't even thinking that!!!!! Now I really hope that will be a possibility! If not right away, maybe in the years to come!

JimboJones123

If I'm understanding you correctly, I kind of disagree here. I think the MK looks and feels significantly more fresh and beautiful than it did 6 years ago (sans maybe Tomorrowland). Its just stale from not having any substantial offerings for 20 years.
Thanks for not reading my post.

WDW1974

You don't remember how public restrooms were central to the story of Rapunzel?

What does it say about the state of WDW and the supposed #1 theme park in the world that a new set of restrooms is being discussed in AT LEAST three current active threads (likely far more as I barely read the expansion board)?

Seriously. Take a minute and think about that ... and then go book your next three stays on-site because Lou Mongello told you there are no hotels off of Disney property, just a post-apocolyptic wasteland.

WDW1974

WDW1974

Brave themed bathrooms?

I'm certain it will be something aimed at little girls.

I hope I don't have to aim at little girls to relieve myself in them.

In the USA, that could be considered worse a crime than mass murder (yes, statement about society just made in a joke post on a Disney fan site!)

WDW1974

When they start seeing attendance fall -- then there will be boot shaking. Until then, I wouldn't be surprised to see things get as bad as Disneyland around the turn of the Millennium. Seriously, that place was a dump before the 50th started ramping up. Disney World is getting there. Epcot feels like Tomorrowland 2002. Most of the MK is feeling as crusty as Fantasyland and Main Street at that time.

Attendance doesn't have to fall. ... The numbers are all trending downward in very scary ways for TDO. They are making the numbers BARELY look good by raising prices constantly, almost cosntant discounting, selling timeshares and getting more South Americans (you know, the ones that it is always OK on internet forums to make racist comments about) to cover for the Americans who can't afford to come (or no longer want to).

As to DL, it most assuredly has never been a 'dump' ... but it was treated that way by management from around 1998 to 2003 (funny, some of that management is now heading the resort!)

Magenta Panther

What does it say about the state of WDW and the supposed #1 theme park in the world that a new set of restrooms is being discussed in AT LEAST three current active threads (likely far more as I barely read the expansion board)?

Seriously. Take a minute and think about that ... and then go book your next three stays on-site because Lou Mongello told you there are no hotels off of Disney property, just a post-apocolyptic wasteland.

I think it's because what people want when they go to a Disney park is DISNEY, and yet there are many Disney movie creations that have no presence in the parks, like Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Mary Poppins and 101 Dalmatians. So anything that's being built in the park that looks like an adaptation from a beloved Disney film - even if it's just a bathroom - gets a lot of attention here.

You know what gets me? I just watched "The Incredibles" again. It's such a great superhero movie, and just a great animated movie all around. Yet it has no presence AT ALL (except maybe a parade now and then) in any Disney park. It's ridiculous. Pixar comes up with some great original superheroes, and what does Bob Iger do? He completely ignores them and goes out and buys Spiderman, and talks about building rides based on MARVEL superheroes in Disneyland! This just kills me! It's as if the guy has no faith in home-grown creations! It's the same deal with Avatar. A great Lion King or Jungle Book ride could be been built in AK, but NO, they're not good enough, audiences don't like them enough, he has to go to James Cameron! The heck!!!! That drives me crazy! What is WITH that guy???? :mad:

Weather_Lady

Villains unhappy hour is a great idea for Gastons Tavern. Hopefully they announce this soon.

I LOVE this idea! I can't help but picture the fabulous scene in Shrek the Third when Prince Charming goes to the pub where all the storybook villains hang out, to recruit them. (Yes, I know Shrek isn't a Disney franchise, but the general idea would translate beautifully to Fantasyland if "done the Disney way," and would be hilarious).

grandmath

Pixar comes up with some great original superheroes, and what does Bob Iger do? He completely ignores them and goes out and buys Spiderman, and talks about building rides based on MARVEL superheroes in Disneyland! This just kills me! It's as if the guy has no faith in home-grown creations! It's the same deal with Avatar. A great Lion King or Jungle Book ride could be been built in AK, but NO, they're not good enough, audiences don't like them enough, he has to go to James Cameron! The heck!!!! That drives me crazy! What is WITH that guy???? :mad:

Incredibles: 600 million $ WW box-office.
Avengers: 1.5 billion $ WW box-office (without counting the individual franchises, worth more billions).

Lion King: 700 million $ WW box-office.
Avatar: 2.5 billion $ box-office (and sequels are coming).

Bob Iger is a businessman. Based on the numbers, he makes the right choices. It's as if Universal fans were angry that the Orlando Resort didn't build new rides on Universal or original movies, but had to buy the rights for a WB franchise. Look, no offense here, I would also dream of new "Disney" attractions, however, I already think there are too many, all new projects are based on Disney/Pixar... I'm much more excited by original storylines, such as BTM, Soarin, Everest, Spaceship Earth etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom