• Music

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 67 36.8%

• Total voters

WDW1974

That's overstating it.

It was a 3-star movie for me.

I thought it was too long, for one thing.

And the final showdown...so by-the-numbers. Yawn.

Since we're giving reviews, though. That's sorta my opinion. I enjoyed it more than I ever thought I would (in other words, it was no Avatar, thankfully). And I would call it a quality summer popcorn film, but that's really it. I think I enjoyed it even more because I saw it while in Germany on 'holiday' too.

SirLink

Since we're giving reviews, though. That's sorta my opinion. I enjoyed it more than I ever thought I would (in other words, it was no Avatar, thankfully). And I would call it a quality summer popcorn film, but that's really it. I think I enjoyed it even more because I saw while in Germany on 'holiday' too.

But the world wants to know did you enjoy The Avengers reboot with Ralph Fiennes?

NoChesterHester

NOW, this was a super hero movie... exponentially better than the Avengers

batman-v-bane.jpg

I enjoyed it. It was a good movie, but far from great.

My biggest issue is that it was a Batman movie without being very Batman. It was almost like Nolan decided he had played all the secretive sneaky ninja Batman tricks in the previous films and was now going to just march him right into the middle of the action? Where was the big clever Batman style entrance and take down? He goes to war with a couple hundred police Braveheart style? Stupid. Not in character. Threw out the play book.

It was bloated as well. 30 minutes should have been trimmed from the movie to make it more streamlined. Over two and a half hours? Ok Peter Jackson.

Bane was an awesome bada$$ for 80% of the movie and then is a non-factor for the climax? I get the League of Shadows tie in, but there has never been a less interesting villainess or less obvious twist in a superhero movie. If you didn’t see that coming you weren’t paying attention.

Lastly, he ends up with the calculating self centered burglar that tried to kill him thrice? Cliche.

Dark Knight > Batman Begins >>> Dark Knight Rises

TalkingHead

OK, so I just want to get this clear since it's a lazy soaking Monday in paradise ... but we are now talking about both restrooms and summer movies because WDW is too boring and stale?

I want to make sure I get this right!

What else can we talk about while we wait for Tropical Storm Isaac to annihilate Western Civilization? (At least that's what I heard on the Weather Channel...)

Maybe we could get our OT conversations twisted and start a rumor about Avengers restrooms coming to Tomorrowland?

SirLink

What else can we talk about while we wait for Tropical Storm Isaac to annihilate Western Civilization? (At least that's what I heard on the Weather Channel...)

Maybe we could get our OT conversations twisted and start a rumor about Avengers restrooms coming to Tomorrowland?

Question why doesn't Tomorrowland have automatic doors to the buildings?

SirLink

I never saw it ... much like Water For Elephants, which I tried to sit through and couldn't get beyond the first 15 minutes on a rainy night this weekend.

Your a better man, er Spirit man for it - compared to original TV series. And makes Avengers the movie look like the War and Peace of movies.

WDW1974

My biggest issue is that it was a Batman movie without being very Batman. It was almost like Nolan decided he had played all the secretive sneaky ninja Batman tricks in the previous films and was now going to just march him right into the middle of the action? Where was the big clever Batman style entrance and take down? He goes to war with a couple hundred police Braveheart style? Stupid. Not in character. Threw out the play book.

It was bloated as well. 30 minutes should have been trimmed from the movie to make it more streamlined. Over two and a half hours? Ok Peter Jackson.

Bane was an awesome bada$$ for 80% of the movie and then is a non-factor for the climax? I get the League of Shadows tie in, but there has never been a less interesting villainess or less obvious twist in a superhero movie. If you didn’t see that coming you weren’t paying attention.

Lastly, he ends up with the calculating self centered burglar that tried to kill him thrice? Cliche.

OK, so now Batman reviews?

Well, I'll chip in with mine by saying I haven't seen it yet. But everyone I know has ... including industry folks who say it was by far the weakest of his three batty films and had many continuity issues and things that just made you scratch your head. Nolan isn't (like many of his success level) widely loved in Hollywood circles and a lot of folks feel he was given far more rope than others would have been with such a film.

Now as to why I haven't seen it ... well, I had intended on seeing it opening weekend, but the shooting made me ill and I had no desire to escape into the movies if I couldn't do so. And it's just gotten off my radar ... I mean, we all know Batman dies (unless Alfred isn't having a vision later on) and we're all supposed to believe Joey (wasn't he great in Third Rock From the Sun?) beccomes the new Batman (who cares about what the comics say?)

I saw the last film in 2008 on Labor Day after getting back from China and I think I'm going to do likewise, so if you want my review, wait a week.

Jedeye80

The Dark Knight Rises and the Avengers while both comic book adaptions are 2 completely different films, TDKR is more grounded in reality while Avengers is more fantasy. That being said they are both great movies, easily the best two summer event films of the year. In Whedon we trust to top the Avengers with the sequel.

WDW1974

We could talk about scary Anaheim versus The City Beautiful ... or how about wondering how much an online 'personality' and his team gets in freebies from Disney in a typical month ... or we could talk about how new Fantasyland represents Disney's finest work (having been to Tokyo ... and Hong Kong ... and Paris ... and Anaheim ... and even old DAK/EPCOT, I would love to argue that one).

But I think I'm going to enjoy some leftover wonton soup as the thunder starts again (we had about a 40-minute no rain break!)

Kuhio

Your a better man, er Spirit man for it - compared to original TV series. And makes Avengers the movie look like the War and Peace of movies.

I generally like Uma Thurman well enough, but her depiction of Emma Peel was not her (or the Avengers') finest hour. (And, on the topic of Batman at the cinema, her Poison Ivy kind of stunk too... but it was hardly the worst part of Batman & Robin!)

Goofnut1980

I think it would be kinda neat if they could seperate each land a bit more... Somehow create that transition experience.... Sort of how they do it at AK with the big gates going into Aisa, etc... Just would look cool.

tomman710

I loved the DKR ... BUT ... it took a leap of faith over the Grand Canyon to buy into how Bruce got from the prison in Asia? back to Gotham (which was completely closed off) in the time period he did, without any resources or help from Alfred or Lucious, as far as we know, and he had time to work in a shave and hair cut and buy new clothes ... and instantly find Selina.

Magenta Panther

Incredibles: 600 million $ WW box-office.
Avengers: 1.5 billion $ WW box-office (without counting the individual franchises, worth more billions).

Lion King: 700 million $ WW box-office.
Avatar: 2.5 billion $ box-office (and sequels are coming).

Bob Iger is a businessman. Based on the numbers, he makes the right choices. It's as if Universal fans were angry that the Orlando Resort didn't build new rides on Universal or original movies, but had to buy the rights for a WB franchise. Look, no offense here, I would also dream of new "Disney" attractions, however, I already think there are too many, all new projects are based on Disney/Pixar... I'm much more excited by original storylines, such as BTM, Soarin, Everest, Spaceship Earth etc.

Bob Iger is a lunkhead. ANYBODY who's running Disney who buys ideas for Disney parks from other studios based on box-office numbers is a lunkhead. "Right choices"? Yeah, if he was running Universal, which was an also-ran for years before the Potter acquisition because it's just a hodge-podge of various acquisitions that don't really meld and give the park no definitive character. The Disney parks do have character, which is why they've stayed on top and they've never had to rely on outside acquisitions to maintain that character. And, no offense, but those Lion King vs. Avatar numbers mean nothing. Lion King, a traditionally animated film, made over 100 million dollars in re-release not long ago. Nobody expected that - you can bet Iger didn't. The 3D gimmick had little to do with its success IMO. People LOVE that movie, because it has great characters, great songs, and a great story. Everything Avatar lacks. That movie's just an eye-candy orgy with a trite preachy storyline. I nearly fell asleep watching it. And it will soon be surpassed because somebody will come up with even better-looking eye candy, and that'll be that.

Oh, Iger expected the Avatar acquisition to set the world on fire. And yeah, some people got excited, but the general reaction from the public has been "Huh?". Which I bet is why Iger didn't even TALK about Avatar at the last stockholder meeting - until someone asked him about it. He screwed up and I bet he knows it. But if not, he might learn the hard way, if he actually builds an Avatarland which will soon become dated and irrelevant because the movie it's based on doesn't have what it takes to stand the test of time. We'll see...

cynic710

no doubt this is not going to be an attraction. my guess is the new castle show and probably a parade. what else do they really have room for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom