• Castle Show

Votes: 65 35.7%
  • Music

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 67 36.8%

• Total voters

SirLink

no doubt this is not going to be an attraction. my guess is the new castle show and probably a parade. what else do they really have room for?

There was talk of them doing a very informal show over at Gaston's called Gaston's Unhappy Hour where Hook and the like would show up, this apparently had legs and knowing TDO its most likely been replaced by unfunny villages doing modern comedy.

cheezbat

Attention grabbing post.

I could see nitpicking a timid Black Widow or generic Baddie, but saying it sucked is total garbage and you must need to flex your superiority.

Us peon masses adored the hell out of it.

Avengers was good...but nothing more than what I thought it would be. If not for Robert Downey Jr, this movie would've been just another alien invasion action flick.

Taylor

We could talk about scary Anaheim versus The City Beautiful ... or how about wondering how much an online 'personality' and his team gets in freebies from Disney in a typical month ... or we could talk about how new Fantasyland represents Disney's finest work (having been to Tokyo ... and Hong Kong ... and Paris ... and Anaheim ... and even old DAK/EPCOT, I would love to argue that one).

But I think I'm going to enjoy some leftover wonton soup as the thunder starts again (we had about a 40-minute no rain break!)
OMG the talking points you listed we already have talked about. I just realized we have nothing else to talk about on a news & rumors forum that is sad :(

WDW1974

Attention grabbing post.

I could see nitpicking a timid Black Widow or generic Baddie, but saying it sucked is total garbage and you must need to flex your superiority.

Us peon masses adored the hell out of it.

Yep ... but you can't use popularity as a sole means of determining quality. If so, Walmart would be the best retailer in the world ... McD's would serve the best beef on the planet ... Starbucks would have the best coffee ... etc etc etc.

WDW1974

OMG the talking points you listed we already have talked about. I just realized we have nothing else to talk about on a news & rumors forum that is sad :(

Doesn't reality suck?

I think word will break before the week is out of more cutbacks for fall and winter.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
no doubt this is not going to be an attraction. my guess is the new castle show and probably a parade. what else do they really have room for?
You missed it. It's for a few people stood in costume and acting.

This really constitutes news.

Cosmic Commando

NOW, this was a super hero movie... exponentially better than the Avengers

batman-v-bane.jpg
Isn't that the movie where thousands of police officers lived in the sewers for months?

fosse76

We could talk about scary Anaheim versus The City Beautiful ...
It's funny you said that, because I remember going to Orlando last year on a weekend trip to Universal, and the Mears van stopped at a light in front of a "Welcome to Orlando, America's Beautiful City" sign (or something to that effect). The funny thing is, the sign was abutting a vacant lot with trash in, while on the other side of the street was a dingy strip mall, and on another corner was a gas station and another overgrown vacant lot with trash. I wanted to take a picture, but we were too close to the sign for me to get a good shot of the sign AND the trashy area it was describibg as "beautiful."

fosse76

Isn't that the movie where thousands of police officers lived in the sewers for months?
Yeah...practically the entire police force except for maybe a handful. Also, it annoyed me how blatantly obvious Gotham City was New York City. In the first film, though filmed in Chicago, Gotham is a New York-like city, but NOT actually New York. In the second film, Nolan seemed to get away from that, while not clearly identifiable as Chicago, no great pains were made to establish the city as a character either. This film there is no question it is New York, with clear visibility shots of the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and the Brooklyn Bridge. And it was 45 minutes too long, and I knew the real villain was that woman right away. Ann Hathaway was the film's saving grace.

SirLink

I'm speaking in reference to WDW... I'm not a DL girl!

Hence my post, its not that kids don't care about Disneys version of Wind in the Willow's, its the fact Disney themselves don't seem keen on using 'their' traditional animated classics in the parks - bar princesses or pirates.

heatherkatheleen

Hence my post, its not that kids don't care about Disneys version of Wind in the Willow's, its the fact Disney themselves don't seem keen on using 'their' traditional animated classics in the parks - bar princesses or pirates.
I agree, but even if Disney had interest in for example, doing something Sword in the Stone-related, do you think it would be successful? I am not optimistic. Don't get me wrong, I love that movie, as well as other neglected animated Disney films like Wind in the Willows, Fox & the Hound, and Robin Hood, but I just doubt they would flourish even if WDW really put the effort into making great attractions with them. The most common vacationers to Disney are parents with children, and for the most part, kids tugging their parents pant legs saying "Mommy, daddy! I want to go on that ride!" typically dictates what rides they go on. And kids are going to want to ride what is familiar to them-- these old classics, unfortunately for the most part, are not familiar. :(

Yellow Strap

Yeah...practically the entire police force except for maybe a handful. Also, it annoyed me how blatantly obvious Gotham City was New York City. In the first film, though filmed in Chicago, Gotham is a New York-like city, but NOT actually New York. In the second film, Nolan seemed to get away from that, while not clearly identifiable as Chicago, no great pains were made to establish the city as a character either. This film there is no question it is New York, with clear visibility shots of the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and the Brooklyn Bridge. And it was 45 minutes too long, and I knew the real villain was that woman right away. Ann Hathaway was the film's saving grace.

The only problem with that is it was filmed in Pittsburgh. ;)

brkn3467

Well, now that we know what they are, I'm curious to see some reaction. I for one think they're nice additions that will help to enhance the atmosphere.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Well, now that we know what they are, I'm curious to see some reaction. I for one think they're nice additions that will help to enhance the atmosphere.

Depends whether they are good, like most of the Streetmosphere at DHS, or bad, like Stitch's Supersonic Catastrophe. But I like the idea of more entertainment rather than less, so I'll hold out the view that it's more likely to be a positive than a negative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom