Disney Raises Ticket Prices Sunday!

Space Mountain

Ticket prices are ridiculous! When my AP expires I am not renewing and I am going to stop going to WDW...they keep increasing the price and not adding anything of value to the parks. We keep getting inferior attractions and expensive restaurants. Nothing added in the past year has added any value to the parks. What a waste of time and money WDW is becoming. I prefer Disneyland.

You're kidding right? WDW is constantly adding new things..doesn't have to be attractions all the time..what do you want from them to add 'value' ?

MissM

I stand by my previous statement--for some people, who save for years to go to WDW, or people who make a low hourly wage, $320 is a lot of money. If it's not a lot to you, I'll be glad to send you my address and you can reciprocate with a $320 money order made out to me. ;)
Thank you. $320 happens to be quite a LOT of money to me. My health prevents me from working, so we live off of one salary. Let me tell you, it doesn't go very far and we live lean in order to make it work. No cell phones, no car payment, no credit cards, nada. $320 would pay my power bill, my cable bill, my phone bill AND my internet bill. With money left over. So don't try to make a blanket statement that it's not a lot of money.

Due to luck and circumstance, last year we were able to get FL Resident Seasonal AP's. But when they came up for renewal this past May, I just couldn't renew. I wanted to. Badly. But you know, not everyone has that level of disposable income. So as much as I might have wished I could renew, realistically, in my world? I didn't have the $400ish bucks for our tickets.

Not everyone has wads of cash, or huge credit lines or savings accounts filled to the brim with money. Some people just get by - especially in Florida with our HORRIBLE wages - and have to scrimp and save and sacrifice to do things they like. I haven't been on a vacation in over eight years because it's too much money, but WDW has been a nice escape now and then in lieu of actually getting to go somewhere. The price increases may not be much for some people, but for others who already struggle to manage their trip in the first place, these constant increases just make it that much harder.

So thank you that SOMEONE understands $320 - or heck, $68 even which is indeed a nice chunk of change - is a real quantity of money for some people.
-m

ToTBellHop

Are we actually debating whether or not WDW is expensive and a luxury? Please. A bare bones week for a family of four will cost $3000 if you have to fly down. For many people, that's more than 10% of what they make in a year. A tenth of your yearly earnings spent in one week? I consider that a luxury.

TimeTrip

Also from Mousesavers-
  1. Annual Pass prices will be increasing. (This includes regular Annual Passes, Premium Annual Passes and Florida Resident Seasonal, Annual and Premium Annual Passes.) If you buy a new Annual Pass from DisneyWorld.com before the price goes up, you'll receive a voucher that is good essentially forever, which you can exchange at the ticket window for an Annual Pass without paying the new price. The Annual Pass will be valid for one year from the time you redeem the voucher.
I am going today to get my renewal!

I can't really tell by your post, but I wouldn't count on being able to purchase a renewal that is good forever. IIRC correctly, if you do a renewal voucher, and renew it, the renewal will be good for one year from when your previous pass expired. Of course you might already know this, but others should be aware ;)

SpongeScott

Wow...people who think $320 isn't much money live a life of luxury. Couldn't prove it by me!

It won't pay my car payment, not even close to my mortgage, not enough to buy groceries for my family of four for a month, barely pays for two months of Karate for my son, is less than two nights in most of the luxury resorts on property, less than three nights at a moderate, less that four nights in a value...but we live a life of luxury, you see.

Get that chip off of your shoulder. A poor person never employed anyone. I work as hard any anyone - about 50 hours a week as a computer programmer/network administrator/DBA. I didn't graduate from college until I was 35 years old, and I do know what it's like to live off of $12 an hour. There were several years we didn't vacation at all because we had to scrimp and save just to pay our mortgage or put food on the table. My wife and I decided it was time for me to improve myself. It was a difficult couple of years, playing Mr. Mom and carrying a full load of computer science classes at the university, but I did it, with a 3.05 GPA, without government assistance. I paid my own way. If you won't take the time or effort to do that, it's your problem, not anyone else's. If you have to scrimp and save for an annual pass, I would argue that you should spend the money on something else - or maybe take a year off (which is what we did this last year). Visiting WDW, or any other vacation spot, is a privilege, not a right. What's next - you're going to demand that they lower the price of food, or a night in the resorts, just because it's too much for you?

wow...stepping off of my soap box now...
No chip on my shoulder here. The $320 would not be a huge problem for me; I simply saying that for some people it would be. Not everyone has the wherewithal to come up with an extra $320.

And by your post, I see that you also understand the importance and need of scrimping and saving for yourself and family.

Thanks for watching my back too, Dana. :kiss:

culturenthrills

I think there is a two fold strategy to their constant increase of the one day ticket. I def. think it is to get people to do multiple days instead of just one, possibly taking time people would go to one of the other parks and forces the other parks to raise their prices which makes the other parks less attractive for a one day visit. It amazes me how much Disney has raised the ticket price in the last 5 years. I really wonder when the breaking point will be. I think they are def. hurting themselves with the people who visit friends and family in Florida and can only go for a day or two. They are really pricing themselves out of the short trip or one day visit. I am lucky that I can usually get free passes for guests or get one of my friends who is a cast member to sign people in but when I can't nobody who visits is willing to pay that kinda price for one or two days when we can usually get a deal to go to Universal, SeaWorld or Busch.

movieride

What someone can afford vs. what someone else can afford will always vary. The point is that Disney is playing with the big numbers: $3-4 a person times x number of guests visits a year is huge money. Like most of you, I hate slimy buisness tactics to make extra bucks- like the way I felt when they removed the Main Street Cinema to turn it into a gift shop- or any other endless example of Disney putting more hooks in the water for us to bite.

I believe what unites us all in bitterness about these increases is that they don't seem to translate into the kind of quality attractions and entertainment that we have seen in the past. Regardless of what you believe the good attractions have been lately, one cannot deny that the new creations have been very hit and miss. It's all about value isn't it? Disney is slowly losing its value.

Laura

Premium Member
Are we actually debating whether or not WDW is expensive and a luxury? Please. A bare bones week for a family of four will cost $3000 if you have to fly down. For many people, that's more than 10% of what they make in a year. A tenth of your yearly earnings spent in one week? I consider that a luxury.

:ROFLOL:

I used to spend more on my Disney vacations than my mortgage every year. Now I've got a more expensive house so I don't think that will be happening anymore. We definitely spend at least 10% of our income at Disney though, which is pathetic!

cooleo

Thanks for watching my back too, Dana. :kiss:

Hey SpongeScott! Noticed you are heading to CSR in 26 days. I DK if you have a fav spot, but bldg 9b is awesome. Close to Dig site (just across bridge) & closest to Main bldg / Bus stop. Also has hammocks on beach right out front. Specifically rooms: 9554-9557 (1st Fl.) or 9654-9657 (2nd Fl.). Have Fun!:wave: :cool:

hcswingfield

The price of everything goes up each year, except maybe digital cameras and a few other electronics. Disney's expenses go up, so they charge more for us to visit the parks. I'm worried about making ends meet. But I will find a way to get to WDW and have a nice vacation.

lightboy

Hey hey hey people...

1. MK got Dream Along...oh wait...nevermind, 90% of the track was stolen from other Disney parks. Crap...um..

2. MK got Pirate Tutorial...oh wait...that's just an "under 10" entertainment "offering"...hmm...

3. MK got Laugh Floor...eh....

4. MK got Let's Have a Ball...oh that was a mistake...GONE...

5. MK got Family Fun Day Parade...umm...yes, the parade that's not a parade...more-so just a random block of people walking down Mainstreet with Disney characters to cheesy "strike up the band" music....

6. MK got Woody's Roundup...um...yes, another "under 10" entertainment "offering"...

7. MK got a new Castle Suite that they spent millions on...not that 99.99% of this board will get to see it unfortunately...

8. ST got HSM...alright, there's a decent one...but only necessary because of the success of the movie.

9. DAK got Finding Nemo...alright, wow, a real show...bout time.

10. Epcot got the God-awful "Clam-mobiles"...are they really calling that an attraction? I didn't mind myself attracted to it at all...more so waiting to get off and see what's left of what used to be my favorite spot in Epcot (Living Seas).

AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST....ready??? DRUMROLL PLEASE....

Disney introduced us to the soon-to-be year round Pirate and Princess Hard Ticket Event!!! In other words...Disney has finally found a way to NOT JUST get ONE admission out of guests for ONE day, but now TWO ADMISSIONS. Wow, what will they think of next? :)

ToTBellHop

What someone can afford vs. what someone else can afford will always vary. The point is that Disney is playing with the big numbers: $3-4 a person times x number of guests visits a year is huge money. Like most of you, I hate slimy buisness tactics to make extra bucks- like the way I felt when they removed the Main Street Cinema to turn it into a gift shop- or any other endless example of Disney putting more hooks in the water for us to bite.

I believe what unites us all in bitterness about these increases is that they don't seem to translate into the kind of quality attractions and entertainment that we have seen in the past. Regardless of what you believe the good attractions have been lately, one cannot deny that the new creations have been very hit and miss. It's all about value isn't it? Disney is slowly losing its value.
New attractions have always been hit or miss. We just don't remember the misses years later. Even some of Walt's ideas flopped...this is not an issue of increasing value. Is gasoline nowadays any better than it was 5 years ago? I don't think so, but it costs twice as much.

iheartdisney91

ok this is prolly a reeeaaally stupid question but, if i havnt recieved my tickets in the mail yet, we wont be charged the new(higher) price will we??

I know this has been asked on a number of topics but I am going to ask again....

I am going to WDW in September on the free dining. If we want to upgrade our ten days park hoppers to APs can we do it? ANd when can we do it since we are there on teh free dining plan. (Last day of stay?)

JPVonDrake

It's Official...

The following updates to Walt Disney World Tickets and 2008 Annual Product are effective Sunday, August 5th, 2007. These were announced to the public in a press release a short time ago.

Aside from any pricing adjustments/increases, the following stand alone ticket products will change effective August 5, 2007:

Magic Your Way Tickets
Advance Purchase Savings will be eliminated.

Water Park Fun & More
The number of visits on the Water Park Fun & More feature will now match its ticket duration except for 1 day tickets which will now have 2 visits.

FL Resident Ticket Media
10% discount will continue for the 1 Day FL Resident MYW Ticket purchased pre-arrival however the discount will not be available if purchased on-site.

The FL Resident 4-Day ticket will now carry a 180 day expiration after first use versus the current 14 day expiration period.

Other Ticket Media
Pricing adjustments will also affect Annual Pass, Seasonal Pass, Premium Annual Pass, and DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park tickets. There are no changes to the existing waterpark and Pleasure Island ticket prices.

Ticket price changes WILL NOT affect existing 2007 Walt Disney Travel Company Resort Packages. The price change will also NOT be applied to any 2007 WDTC Resort packages sold for arrivals through 12/31/07. Ticket Product changes WILL apply to 2008 Annual Packages when they are released.

Ticket price changes WILL apply to Downtown Disney Resort Area Official Hotels, Swan & Dolphin and Good Neighbor Hotel packages booked beginning August 5, 2007. Also beginning August 5, 2007, the ticket price changes will apply to any modified reservations for DDRAH, Swan & Dolphin and GNH Packages.

Pricing and more once officially released. Stay Tooned...

Disneyfalcon

Ticket price changes WILL NOT affect existing 2007 Walt Disney Travel Company Resort Packages. The price change will also NOT be applied to any 2007 WDTC Resort packages sold for arrivals through 12/31/07. Ticket Product changes WILL apply to 2008 Annual Packages when they are released.

Yea!! Someone answered my question!! Thank you JP! That is good news. Whether you think $68 is a lot or not, I really didn't want to spend more!:D

JPVonDrake

I know this has been asked on a number of topics but I am going to ask again....

I am going to WDW in September on the free dining. If we want to upgrade our ten days park hoppers to APs can we do it? ANd when can we do it since we are there on teh free dining plan. (Last day of stay?)

Any ticket upgrade on a 2007 Package done upon arrival will be subject to the price increase. Any ticket upgrade on a 2007 Package done prior to arrival will maintain original pricing.

JPVonDrake

ok this is prolly a reeeaaally stupid question but, if i havnt recieved my tickets in the mail yet, we wont be charged the new(higher) price will we??

Any ticket paid in full (regardless of if shipped by mail or waiting on Will Call) will not be affected unless you choice to upgrade the ticket once new pricing is in effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom