Disney Raises Ticket Prices Sunday!

wickedfan07

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a discussion about the increase in ticket prices. So, going into any sort of detail about why I hate the Nemo musical or any other of the new attractions would get me attacked for being "off topic."

I guess whenever someone on these boards says something "negative" about Disney they are just going to get attacked by everyone on this board. I'm sorry that I don't follow Disney blindly and think that everything they decide to do is perfect. But, I guess my opinion doesn't matter because it doesn't equal yours.

I'm more than happy to hear your opinion, but I'd like to know what the basis for it is. That's what a discussion forum is for. For the record, I'm not happy about the price increase either. :wave:

Thanks for the info JPVonDrake. :)

Disneyfalcon

JP I have a question if you're still here. From your post it sounds like if I want to change anything on my package I need to do it before we arrive. (We've paid the deposit, not the full price yet)

My TA just told me that he can't change anything today because Disney systems are down, etc. :brick:

I want to add the water park option to my tickets but he said if he changes anything Sunday, it will be subject to the new pricing.

He advised me to wait until we got there and started using the tickets before adding the water park - that way we would only be charged for the water park price difference, not the base ticket price difference.

If that all made sense - is he misinformed?

jt04

Hey hey hey people...

1. MK got Dream Along...oh wait...nevermind, 90% of the track was stolen from other Disney parks. Crap...um..

2. MK got Pirate Tutorial...oh wait...that's just an "under 10" entertainment "offering"...hmm...

3. MK got Laugh Floor...eh....

4. MK got Let's Have a Ball...oh that was a mistake...GONE...

5. MK got Family Fun Day Parade...umm...yes, the parade that's not a parade...more-so just a random block of people walking down Mainstreet with Disney characters to cheesy "strike up the band" music....

6. MK got Woody's Roundup...um...yes, another "under 10" entertainment "offering"...

7. MK got a new Castle Suite that they spent millions on...not that 99.99% of this board will get to see it unfortunately...

8. ST got HSM...alright, there's a decent one...but only necessary because of the success of the movie.

9. DAK got Finding Nemo...alright, wow, a real show...bout time.

10. Epcot got the God-awful "Clam-mobiles"...are they really calling that an attraction? I didn't mind myself attracted to it at all...more so waiting to get off and see what's left of what used to be my favorite spot in Epcot (Living Seas).

AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST....ready??? DRUMROLL PLEASE....

Disney introduced us to the soon-to-be year round Pirate and Princess Hard Ticket Event!!! In other words...Disney has finally found a way to NOT JUST get ONE admission out of guests for ONE day, but now TWO ADMISSIONS. Wow, what will they think of next? :)

The Whine and Fuss Fest just for you!:cry: Whiners will be charged double:cool:

JPVonDrake

JP I have a question if you're still here. From your post it sounds like if I want to change anything on my package I need to do it before we arrive. (We've paid the deposit, not the full price yet)

My TA just told me that he can't change anything today because Disney systems are down, etc. :brick:

I want to add the water park option to my tickets but he said if he changes anything Sunday, it will be subject to the new pricing.

He advised me to wait until we got there and started using the tickets before adding the water park - that way we would only be charged for the water park price difference, not the base ticket price difference.

If that all made sense - is he misinformed?

The ticket price change will not effect 2007 Vacation Packages. As long as you modify your ticket prior to arrival your will pay the old pricing to increase the number of theme park days on your ticket.

However, since you mentioned you simply want to add the Fun & More Option, you may wish to wait until arrival to take advantage of the new increase in the number of visits included on this option. Your Travel Agent is correct in the fact that if you are adding one of the options, you will be charged only for that option, it will not affect the price of the base ticket.

DDuckFan130

FL Resident Ticket Media
10% discount will continue for the 1 Day FL Resident MYW Ticket purchased pre-arrival however the discount will not be available if purchased on-site.

The FL Resident 4-Day ticket will now carry a 180 day expiration after first use versus the current 14 day expiration period.
Florida 4-day? Are they going back to that because it's been 3 days for a while now :confused:

JPVonDrake

Florida 4-day? Are they going back to that because it's been 3 days for a while now :confused:

Disney will now extend the expiration to 180 days (6 months) on both the 3 Day MYW and 4 Day MYW Florida Resident tickets. Previously only the 3 Day MYW ticket had a 180 day expiration.

DDuckFan130

Disney will now extend the expiration to 180 days (6 months) on both the 3 Day MYW and 4 Day MYW Florida Resident tickets. Previously only the 3 Day MYW ticket had a 180 day expiration.
So the play 3 days pass will continue going on...no play 4 days pass anymore :lol:

SpongeScott

Hey SpongeScott! Noticed you are heading to CSR in 26 days. I DK if you have a fav spot, but bldg 9b is awesome. Close to Dig site (just across bridge) & closest to Main bldg / Bus stop. Also has hammocks on beach right out front. Specifically rooms: 9554-9557 (1st Fl.) or 9654-9657 (2nd Fl.). Have Fun!:wave: :cool:
Thanks. I hadn't even thought about making a room request.

DDuckFan130

Thanks. I hadn't even thought about making a room request.
If you want proximity to the main building or the pool, you should as the resort is big. We stayed in a great place back in 2002 (I think Cabanas, building 9b) for a wedding we went to, and it was nice being so close. This time I asked for the room closest to the main building :lol: But I gave them some specifics :lol:

Disneyfalcon

The ticket price change will not effect 2007 Vacation Packages. As long as you modify your ticket prior to arrival your will pay the old pricing to increase the number of theme park days on your ticket.

However, since you mentioned you simply want to add the Fun & More Option, you may wish to wait until arrival to take advantage of the new increase in the number of visits included on this option. Your Travel Agent is correct in the fact that if you are adding one of the options, you will be charged only for that option, it will not affect the price of the base ticket.

Thanks again JP! We have more than enough visits included with the old tickets, so I was just thinking I wanted the old tickets if the prices of the water park option was going up.

Thank you for keeping us informed!

Jeff456

Have you gone to any of those attractions? Nemo the musical is horrible...I HATE it. I miss Tarzan Rocks, heck, even the original Jungle Book show was better than Nemo.

And, don't even mention the Nemo ride or the Laugh Floor, they are both horrible and not worth the time.

If these are the best that WDW can do then they can keep their overpriced tickets. Heck, even the Toy Story Mania that is coming to the Studios looks horrible!
When i go to disney world i pay £190 which is around $360 for 2 weeks of unlimited use of all the parks i think that is pretty good value seeing as a theme park in this country costs around $80 per day and none offer multiple day passes for more than a few days Disneyland paris is like $260 for a 3 days pass so in my opinion WDW seems pretty cheap.

DisneyGigi

Okay I am confused but that isn't anything new:hammer:
We are paid in full with free dining but we wanted to add Parkhopper to our tickets. They told us that we could do this at anytime, we were just going to add it when we got there. Do we need to do this before we arrive?

sbkline

Not everyone spends thousands of $$ to go to Disney. I live near WDW and the only thing I spend at Disney is the cost of my annual pass and occassionaly a meal every 5 or so visits. We pack our drinks and snacks since we usually only go for 3-4 hours one day a week. But for them to continually increase the cost of a ticket (including AP's) and not adding anything of value (the only good thing added in the past 3-4 years has been Everest) is just ridiculous!

So, this latest increase will stop me from going. I would rather use the $700 that we spend on 2 AP's to take a trip somewhere else, perhaps Disneyland, and avoid WDW. But, that might be what Disney wants...to stop the AP holders and day guests who don't spend any money on their overpriced food and drinks or their tacky merchandise.

So let me get this straight...

You live "near WDW" right? So I assume you live in florida? Regardless, you state that because of a 4 dollar increase on a one day pass (and whatever increase that tranlsates into for a multi-day pass), you are no longer going to WDW. Instead, rather than pony up four measely dollars, you are going to spend buttloads more dollars to fly out to DisneyLand?

Is there anyone who thinks this makes a bit of sense because I sure don't. I'm too cheap to pay 4 dollars, so instead, I'll pay however much a plane ticket costs to go out to California? :confused:

And you might say that it's all about the principle of protesting the price increase by withholding your dollars. Only problem with that is, that if you go to DisneyLand, you're still giving your dollars to the same company that raised your prices at WDW...so not you're really not making much of a statement there by giving your dollars to the same company that you are trying to protest in the first place.

Matpez

I can't really tell by your post, but I wouldn't count on being able to purchase a renewal that is good forever. IIRC correctly, if you do a renewal voucher, and renew it, the renewal will be good for one year from when your previous pass expired. Of course you might already know this, but others should be aware ;)

That was just the mousesavers direct quote, not my observation...

however, for me personally, my AP expires September 22nd, so I just went up to AAA today to buy the renewal, but I am not going to activate them until I go back for Epcot's 25th on September 30th.

Today I purchased the FL Resident AP upgrade at AAA for $295 each...
I asked what the price would be tomorrow and was told $316.50

That is quite the increase!

Kalikala

I didn't graduate from college until I was 35 years old, and I do know what it's like to live off of $12 an hour.

Um, most people who work "hourly" type jobs are making more like $7/hr, not $12. And after taxes, that $7/hr is more like $5.75, which means the $320 in question means an extra 56 hours of work.

No, $320 isn't a lot to many people, but blanket statements saying it's not a lot of money to *anyone* are just silly.

Thanks to whoever it was who answered my AP question earlier, btw :wave: - I'm off to buy mine online now before the price goes up!

DABIGCHEEZ

More ticket info from Mousesavers:

Walt Disney World ticket prices will be going up on Sunday, August 5. (Click here to read the Orlando Sentinel article confirming this.)
Single-day tickets are going from $71.36 to $75.62 (including tax).
On multi-day tickets, the gate price increase averages $10 per ticket.
The following additional changes are expected:
  1. No more advance purchase discounts on 4-Day and longer tickets. This makes the increase on 4-Day and longer tickets even bigger. Example: right now the price of a 7-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper is $264.12 when purchased in advance from Disney (and even less through a broker like Undercover Tourist). After the price increase, the direct-from-Disney price for the same ticket will be $281.16.
  2. The "No Expiration" add-on will increase in price by about $5 plus tax on most or all tickets. The Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun & More add-ons will cost the same.
  3. The number of Water Park admissions included in the Water Parks Fun & More add-on will now be tied to the number of days on the ticket. So a 1-Day Ticket with Water Parks Fun & More will include 1 Water Park admission; a 5-Day Ticket with Water Parks Fun & More will include 5 Water Park admissions, etc. For some tickets this means fewer water park admissions than before; for others it means more. Click here to see the current number of admissions that are included.
Interesting about the water park option. We usually by multi day(anywhere from 8-10 days) and use the theme park days spread out over 2-3 vacations. So........ I think I still have 1 water park option from old tix, 5 water park options on current tix that will have the theme parks used up this year.

Fast forward to next year and we will likely buy 10 day tix and then have 10 water park visits attached to them. SO.... if I understand it correctly next year I will have 10WP options plus 3 OLD WP options.
Not complainging here but I am not a DAM fish..... 13 water park visits???:eek: Spend some money and either build a new water park(NOT pirates) or add something else to be used as an Option.:cool:

GoofyFan1

I 've been back from WDW for a month now and I understand that increases happen. However, I think we should be looking at the value of our paying more.
I was down there for 10 days. If I had paid close to $75 for a one day ticket and had the day I had at MK I would never go again. We got in line for Peter Pan because there was only a 30 min. wait. (early in the AM) One hour and 30 mins. later I got close enough to the end of the line to count the FP people to Standby people being let on, remember only a 30 min. wait. It was 50 FP to 15 SB. Even if there were no FP in line they made us wait. When we got out we headed for SM and BTM. I got FP for BTM and went to get in line for SM...It was broken. We headed to BTM, it too was down. Not only couldn't we ride, but we couldn't get a new FP for two more hours. Now think about HM being rehabbed along with the infamous "Crowds" from south of here and what would I get for my $75?

If WDW wants to raise my ticket price, then go for it. My advice to Disney...Stop putting money into those stupid DVC properties, fix the parks and bring back some of the little perks that brought most of us to the parks in the first place...That Disney Magic, in my opinion is sorely missing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom