News Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Centauri Space Station

I am intrigued with the "more to come" tease.

The Disney stunt shows (Indy and the gone LMA) are so poor when compared to the fantastic Bourne Stunt show. Let's get some updates and new entertainment. Make this park feel alive again!
I found Bourne less interesting then IJA. Having real sets and pyro outside vs a couple props and a giant screen goes a long way

TheMaxRebo

My question is what happened to all the mold they said the building was filled with? Did they fix this?

must have fixed it or will be fixed as part of the work done - probably part of why this has taken so long and won't be done until next fall

I guess they determined they could remediate it and not have to tear the building down or anything - but there definitely was mold in there

Bocabear

I thought Disney liked to add "Springs" to everything... Little Mermaid Adventure Springs sounds perfect! And really, shouldn't the park be renamed Disney's Hollywood Springs?

Ayla

must have fixed it or will be fixed as part of the work done - probably part of why this has taken so long and won't be done until next fall

I guess they determined they could remediate it and not have to tear the building down or anything - but there definitely was mold in there
It must be quite an extensive remodel, if it is going to potentially take 12 months. Remember, today is the last day of Fall.

Indy_UK

Im glad the show is getting a complete re-work and hopefully a start of more shows getting a rework too. The Disney Jr stuff needs to stay to be updated but not replaced. They need stuff for the younger kids

ToTBellHop

It must be quite an extensive remodel, if it is going to potentially take 12 months. Remember, today is the last day of Fall.
It takes awhile to effectively start up a new show. It’s been gone so long that it basically is new. It’ll have new cast and crew, some new sets and costumes (I presume some will be retained from the prior show, though), new visual effects to program and troubleshoot, etc. It will need lengthy rehearsals once the theater has been fully refurbished.

FigmentFan82

Wonder when they bring this back if it’ll be based on the animated movie or the new real life version?

Place your bets
The wording states the new show is inspired by the classic animation studios film, so i'm thinking visually things will look more like they do in the original like cartoon fish instead of wonky uncanny valley fish. feel free to cast whomever they like for the people but i think all the visual trappings should resonate from the animated version

ToTBellHop

That's fair, I have little kids too, I just think they can do more with the area.
I haven’t seen the new show in person since my kids aged out, but from what I can tell, the old show with all the puppets was more compelling. It was like a live Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Although my back didn’t love sitting on the floor after carrying the kiddos all around the park. But still, Playhouse Disney Live with my toddlers is a core memory for me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For what it is worth The DIS is commenting that the believe this will be a "plussed" version and utilize puppets and live actors

View attachment 759522
…I thought they were liquidated in Chapter 11? 🤔
That was going to be Asha’s Wish Adventure where guests get to have their wishes taken away from them and replaced with a Disney Premier Visa card until the movie schnitzeled the bed. Now it will turn into another Disney Mold Adventure.
I don’t understand half of this…but it’s my all time favorite post

…I’m crying laughing 😂

JD80

I haven’t seen the new show in person since my kids aged out, but from what I can tell, the old show with all the puppets was more compelling. It was like a live Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Although my back didn’t love sitting on the floor after carrying the kiddos all around the park. But still, Playhouse Disney Live with my toddlers is a core memory for me.
My kids were and still are the target age. Main complaint with the puppets were that they were hard to see.

New show is much more popular with my fam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom