News Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Wait...what??!! Disney is taking a once beloved experience that was unfortunately allowed to fall into a sad state, and is not only restoring it but updating with new effects and technology?

What planet am I living on that they didn't demolish it and turn it into a "WISH" meet and greet?
You missed one part—”and members of these boards are still complaining.”

surfsupdon

I like Bourne but it's a lot of time waiting and queueing for a show that doesn't work half the time. Too much tech can be a different problem.
Wow it’s always worked great when I viewed. I did not know it struggled.

And no queue and unnecessary long wait is as bad as Guardians post merge point. Absolute worst. ILL is still often sometimes 30-40mins.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
You missed one part—”and members of these boards are still complaining.”
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

ToTBellHop

Glad we can take one abandoned building off the list! Live entertainment is a hallmark of a well-run Disney park.

Now let's get working on that Stitch plot of land up the road at MK. There's got to be some "adventure" we can put there.
That was going to be Asha’s Wish Adventure where guests get to have their wishes taken away from them and replaced with a Disney Premier Visa card until the movie schnitzeled the bed. Now it will turn into another Disney Mold Adventure.

ToTBellHop

Im not going to debate this etc but if you are going to stick with the original. Stick with the original. Thats like saying lets put different ethnicities in Tianna’s new ride. Which we know would never happen…
Blind casting in musical theatre is a thing. And not even a new, woke thing.

My kids’ middle school has a Black girl playing SpongeBob Squarepants. Gasp!

ToTBellHop

Tiana being Black is part of her identity and story arc. Ariel being white is not part of her identity or story arc. Ariel being a naive mermaid with a beautiful voice is. If they cast a centaur as Ariel, I’ll be right there with you throwing tomatoes. She better have a caudal fin, that’s all I’m saying!

Last edited by a moderator:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The concept art almost looks like cutouts of the animated characters. I get its concept art, but there is a chance they don’t use humans that are visible on stage. Not saying they will but…
I was thinking the same thing, but dared not say it. Let's hope this is not a goal to cut costs by replacing humans with cardboard cutouts and special effects. I don't think that will be the case, but I wonder, just a little...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom