News Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

bmr1591

Im glad the show is getting a complete re-work and hopefully a start of more shows getting a rework too. The Disney Jr stuff needs to stay to be updated but not replaced. They need stuff for the younger kids

I won't argue that there needs to be things in the park geared toward kids, but let's not pretend HS is falling short in this category. Runaway Railway, TSM, Alien Swirling Saucers, and Cars are all geared toward a younger demographic (that's nearly half the rides at HS). Add in BatB and the Mermaid show coming soon, that's a lot of a park geared toward children. I don't think it's unfair for some to want the Disney Jr stuff to go.

ToTBellHop

I won't argue that there needs to be things in the park geared toward kids, but let's not pretend HS is falling short in this category. Runaway Railway, TSM, Alien Swirling Saucers, and Cars are all geared toward a younger demographic (that's nearly half the rides at HS). Add in BatB and the Mermaid show coming soon, that's a lot of a park geared toward children. I don't think it's unfair for some to want the Disney Jr stuff to go.
Maybe they can just reinstall the upstairs bar (Catwalk Bar) in this space and call it the Tip Top Club.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There isn’t enough of anything in that park…

I don’t know why we bother debating “deficiencies”?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Maybe they can just reinstall the upstairs bar (Catwalk Bar) in this space and call it the Tip Top Club.

"I liked it better as a buffet"

(I'm kidding, everyone! I also have great memories of Playhouse Disney there, it's just been a good 12 years since my kids aged out of it. I have no problem with it being there, as it entertains thousands of young families, which the park needs)

Although I think today-me would have enjoyed the buffet and Catwalk Bar more than 1997-me did. :)

Edit: Did anyone else just get The Wiggles singing "Playhouse Disney... that's where we want to be!" in their head?

denyuntilcaught

Just two thoughts:

Along with the overuse of the word 'Adventure' in literally everything nowadays, I'm also tired of the [IP name]: [Generic Descriptor] formula i.e. The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, GOTG: Cosmic Rewind, etc. All of those would have been better without the IP prefix.

Second, I don't mind that TLM is in two parks. I'm more grateful they didn't some how turn this into another Toy Story gig. Most overused IP in the parks, dare I say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom