News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

ParentsOf4

There will never be a 5th gate.

WDW may see a fraction of the $60B but most of it is going to France and China and cruise ships.

Thinking about it, if WDW sees any of this money it will most likely go to building new DVCs to "increase capacity".
The plan includes a replacement of the Dinosaur land at DAK and an expansion behind the MK’s Big Thunder Mountain.

WDW theme parks are getting investment dollars over the next 10 years.

UNCgolf

In the 90's they had the Murder She Wrote experience where Transformers is now.*

In the interest of an honest and informed conversation, what does the makeup of your party visiting the parks look like?

I'm not looking to get a "gotcha" in here with you or anything but I'm guessing it's very different from mine and if we can confirm that, I might be able to help you understand why it really doesn't matter what the next ride Disney opens is like when it comes to getting me and other people in my general demographic to come back.

I'll start: It's usually me and my now 11 year old son and sometimes a friend of his but occasionally, my mother tags along and very rarely, his mother, who has anxiety issues in crowds also goes. (one or the other - never both his and my mom at the same time)

*I know that's a cheap shot but I couldn't help myself ;)

I'm not talking about our individual preferences -- it has nothing to do with where I personally want to go. I'm talking about the general public; USF is widely considered the weakest park right now.

I also think you're missing the overall point. If you only go to Universal, then you're kind of irrelevant to this conversation because it's about people who split trips and visit both. Until USF is fixed, people on split trips are more likely to replace USF with EU than they are to drop a Disney day for an additional full day at USF (i.e., they'll just replace a USF day with an EU day). I think Universal knows this, too, which is why they have plans in the works to make major changes to USF.

Also, the Murder She Wrote experience may have been better than Transformers! Transformers is truly awful.

But seriously... although Diagon Alley as a whole is tremendous and an improvement over Jaws, the Jaws attraction was far better than Gringotts. Kongfrontation was much better than the new Kong ride (although that's at IoA and Kongfrontation itself was replaced by Revenge of the Mummy, which is quite good), Twister was better than Race Through New York, Earthquake was better than Fast & the Furious, and Back to the Future was better than Simpsons.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

The plan includes a replacement of the Dinosaur land at DAK and an expansion behind the MK’s Big Thunder Mountain.

WDW theme parks are getting investment dollars over the next 10 years.

The DAK stuff will probably happen, NO NET INCREASE AND REALLY LESS attractions compared to Dinoland USA.

The behind Thunder mountain stuff is still blue sky, I highly doubt this will happen.

And I have no faith in any of this happening, I KNOW it wont happen in a timely manner.

By the way, when did the 10 year clock start? Are we a year and a half into the "next ten years" ?

Tha Realest

If films and tv were doing fine, they wouldn’t be talking about big parks investments …let alone actually making big parks investments.

It’s pretty misdirection. But it’s not anything they actually have to stick to as the decade progresses.
We may be in a position in a few months where more Parks attractions are formally greenlit and in production than Marvel and Star Wars theatrical films.

celluloid

And even Diagon is an easy skip at this point. The better attractions are in Hogsmeade, and the newest Harry Potter addition will be in EU, so if you are going to skip a park, USF becomes the obvious choice.

That works out just fine, as a third park is not charged at full value when your third day.

And Universal still makes money on those folk for the nights.

Kids are going to want Minions and Dreamworks.

Disstevefan1

What’s funny is at the end of the day…Peltz caused this.

We never get these fireworks without the pressure.

Now hopefully it’s enough to get them to stop making intentionally $h!tt¥ movies too…
My worry is now that Iger has won, he really does not need to do anything.

His win had proved approval for the status quo. Iger is great "As Is", Nothing needs to change.

Increase profits through cuts everywhere in everything (except China).

Again, I hope I am wrong.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My worry is now that Iger has won, he really does not need to do anything.

His win had proved approval for the status quo. Iger is great "As Is", Nothing needs to change.

Increase profits through cuts everywhere in everything (except China).

Again, I hope I am wrong.
The lights are on him now and he’s not gonna want to leave

He has to “play the game”…for now

Disstevefan1

Would it help to know that Imagineers took an international research trip?
No.
Trips are fun.
Before the big vote in made some investors think they are doing something. Just a publicity stunt.
Any actually research collected is fine even if they never intend to do anything.
Research trips are less expensive than actually doing anything and is a business expense and is written off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom