News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

SplashJacket

The only thing that matters is the end date

Enough of these stupid convention shenanigans and webcasts and slow rolls

Get it done
I agree, but they’re clearly not waiting on D23 to start. If they’re starting permitting now. Construction and development timetables circle more around financial dates than convention dates.

We just like the convention dates because it sets stuff more in stone.

DCBaker

Premium Member
More comments from Iger at the media event:

"Iger said at the media event that Disney will be careful to spread its investment in its theme parks over the next 10 years. “We actually have a fairly good idea in the near-term of what’s being built, but we’re purposefully not going to allocate it all,” Iger said. “Because who knows? In five years we can end up with a giant hit movie — think ‘Frozen’ — that we may want to mine essentially as an attraction, or a hotel or restaurant in our parks. So you want to maintain some flexibility.”"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree, but they’re clearly not waiting on D23 to start. If they’re starting permitting now. Construction and development timetables circle more around financial dates than convention dates.

We just like the convention dates because it sets stuff more in stone.
There’s no need to wait to put up construction walls and get excavators in there…plenty of “coming soon” time for the tight pants joker to do a speech

Indy_UK

I’m going to give them the benefit of doubt for now. Seems for WDW they are going ahead with the AK and MK expansions and while I feel HS still needs a lot of work, I want Paris to get a big bulk of $$$

Andrew25

I love your optimism.
Compared to 3 years ago... very optimistic lol

I was very critical of Disney over the past few years, and while I don't agree with everything, it's at least refreshing to see projects start to come online. We obviously don't have closure dates or anything, but it does look like Disney is ready to start proper construction quickly.

Disstevefan1

I’m going to give them the benefit of doubt for now. Seems for WDW they are going ahead with the AK and MK expansions and while I feel HS still needs a lot of work, I want Paris to get a big bulk of $$$
Paris will get big bucks don’t worry.

As for WDW, how long is “for now”? Sincere question, just getting a feel for folks tolerances.

Indy_UK

Paris will get big bucks don’t worry.

As for WDW, how long is “for now”? Sincere question, just getting a feel for folks tolerances.

If they break ground on AK this year and MK which is going to take much longer, next year I’m satisfied for maybe 3 years or so. Of course I’d like the odd new attraction here and there along the way.

Paris was neglected for so many years and while we are getting an expansion it’s currently a poorer version of the frozen land that Hong Kong got. Apparently Lion King Land is coming, possibly Pandora but I doubt it and Discoveryland getting a Star Wars makeover but these haven’t been announced. It needs to be D23

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

"Iger said at the media event that Disney will be careful to spread its investment in its theme parks over the next 10 years. “We actually have a fairly good idea in the near-term of what’s being built, but we’re purposefully not going to allocate it all,” Iger said. “Because who knows? In five years we can end up with a giant hit movie — think ‘Frozen’ — that we may want to mine essentially as an attraction, or a hotel or restaurant in our parks. So you want to maintain some flexibility.”"

They need $5,000,000,000 in park investments in wdw…like right now

Before it gets away from
Them more than it already has

And none has to be reserved for
An “unexpected hit movie”

First off…They’re only making sequels

Second…plenty of things out there to do the mid level stuff they desperately need

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If they break ground on AK this year and MK which is going to take much longer, next year I’m satisfied for maybe 3 years or so. Of course I’d like the odd new attraction here and there along the way.

Paris was neglected for so many years and while we are getting an expansion it’s currently a poorer version of the frozen land that Hong Kong got. Apparently Lion King Land is coming, possibly Pandora but I doubt it and Discoveryland getting a Star Wars makeover but these haven’t been announced. It needs to be D23

Need movement in Epcot and studios too

The last round didn’t accomplish much

Wendy Pleakley

I get there will always be some degree of synergy with the current popular thing, but overall it's an unnecessary approach.

Given Disney's timelines, it's exceedingly rare that an attraction will be built while a movie is still firmly in the public consciousness.

Great attractions are popular regardless of the source material. People still line up for Toad in Disneyland but how many people have watched the cartoon on which it's based in recent years?

Disstevefan1

Open three years from today for the AK stuff. What about the MK stuff?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom