News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

PREMiERdrum

The permit for the staging area for DAK construction is already filed.

The most advanced AAs have been built for TBA.

Yes, projects do get cut and scaled back, but they also get built.
And with this current movement, we're getting substantial work in 3 of the 4 parks on overlapping timelines with visible construction starting soon.

While I'm still quite skeptical in the later phase MK work, the rest is almost certainly a go.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Explain how they spent 10 years “building” in Orlando and have basically the same ride. Throughput?

It’s not just building…it’s meeting the demands of the park

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not one to argue spy v. spy!

My folks are fairly concentrated in a few parts of the operation - so not quite a rock solid feed - but confidence in the DHS plans is much higher than it was a month or so ago.

That Villain Land unfortunately feels like something that will permanently be ten years away…
Well they really messed the “grand vision” up over there

I’d say it’s priority 2 behind Dak

Wendy Pleakley

Explain how they spent 10 years “building” in Orlando and have basically the same ride. Throughput?

It’s not just building…it’s meeting the demands of the park

What's the unmet demand though?

They still sell relatively cheap annual passes to fill in the gaps.

To me, the day they can fill every park with guests paying full price is the day they need more capacity.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I guess a villain attraction is better than nothing. And DHS is probably the better home.
They need to put something in launch bay…preferably connecting it to sunset…

And just rip the bandaid off and reskin abramsland

“…but, but…”

Yeah. Everyone knows it. Based on 6 BAD movies…only 4 of which got made.

There’s a reason why the first three have sold hundreds of BILLIONS of licensed products…and it wasn’t because guys like me were waiting for emo hipster beards “modern take”

Use the KISS method here

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's the unmet demand though?

They still sell relatively cheap annual passes to fill in the gaps.

To me, the day they can fill every park with guests paying full price is the day they need more capacity.
The current attraction capacity of the parks is just slightly over what it was in 2000 after the last main expansion. Maybe 10% increase total.
44,000,000 annual visitors

2018 saw about 58,000,000 visitors.

So the “deficiency” is trying to fit a net 24% increase into a 10% slot.
It’s why genie can’t be fixed…it’s why fastpass collapsed…it’s why they’re losing customers in a boom economy.

I swear…does everyone think I’m using 4th dimension math here?
It’s not a gimmick. Arithmetic

They’re LOSING customers. Which mean it’s not working…time to pivot

Indy_UK

OK no expectation on MK. That's reasonable.

Well at this current time it’s how long is a piece of string. 2 of the 3 lands have been removed and we don’t know how big they plan to go with the Villains. With all the land work that’s required your looking a good 5 years at least

Disstevefan1

The current attraction capacity of the parks is just slightly over what it was in 2000 after the last main expansion. Maybe 10% increase total.
44,000,000 annual visitors

2018 saw about 58,000,000 visitors.

So the “deficiency” is trying to fit a net 24% increase into a 10% slot.
It’s why genie can’t be fixed…it’s why fastpass collapsed…it’s why they’re losing customers in a boom economy.

I swear…does everyone think I’m using 4th dimension math here?
It’s not a gimmick. Arithmetic

They’re LOSING customers. Which mean it’s not working…time to pivot
All you say is true. But they are continuing to make more money at WDW right? They are selling out Genie+ and ILL a lot of the time.

I am on your side, but why should they do anything if folks are giving the their money?

Drdcm

TBA indicates they can work faster than the general tone of the thread will give them credit for.

I have high expectations of Disney… so I am no apologist, but if they want to move fast, they can I bet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All you say is true. But they are continuing to make more money at WDW right? They are selling out Genie+ and ILL a lot of the time.

I am on your side, but why should they do anything if folks are giving the their money?
There is absolutely no way they can make more revenue with price increases on declining attendance. It’s not possible…it never was…it’s quicksand. They know this. They have to get the gate back up.

If it’s genie doing this…and second to price I think it is…they have to overpower it.

All that nonsense about “luxury” and reducing attendance was a lie. Full stop. An excuse to cover the first cracks in Igerism pricing models in the mid 2010s they had time to watch it play then. They do not now. Outta rope.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
TBA indicates they can work faster than the general tone of the thread will give them credit for.

I have high expectations of Disney… so I am no apologist, but if they want to move fast, they can I bet.
It’s a reskin

But yes…they had to push it a bit because of the bad press from epic and their overall supremacy being questioned for the first time.

There is a way to move faster…PAY for it. It’s how construction is supposed to work. Incentives for completion…fees for delays.

Welcome to the United States 1930-present

Drdcm

It’s a reskin

But yes…they had to push it a bit because of the bad press from epic and their overall supremacy being questioned for the first time.

There is a way to move faster…PAY for it. It’s how construction is supposed to work. Incentives for completion…fees for delays.

Welcome to the United States 1930-present
Yeah that was kind of what I was getting at. I don’t expect them to be proactive. I feel like companies are typically reactive because being proactive has high costs and that isn’t appealing to shareholders.

The market will force them to adapt, and then the may attempt to do things quickly.

I fully expect Bob to bail out when that’s about to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom