News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

pdude81

Also I assume Bob floated that investment number ($60 billion) along with the cuts to see how the street reacts. If it was universally panned then they could change course. Given the generally positive response, he can get credit for announcing a few projects in the next two years and ride off into the sunset before they are actually built.

ToTBellHop

Also I assume Bob floated that investment number ($60 billion) along with the cuts to see how the street reacts. If it was universally panned then they could change course. Given the generally positive response, he can get credit for announcing a few projects in the next two years and ride off into the sunset before they are actually built.
They will build the most-beautiful popcorn cart you’ve ever seen before he departs for The Other Side.

KeithVH

They already are working on a long-term solution to that:

sci-fi GIF by MANGOTEETH

sci-fi GIF by MANGOTEETH

sci-fi eye GIF by MANGOTEETH
There's probably like maybe 10 old farts here who got this . . .

Besides, the book was better.

Comped

I managed to get a spot for the Christmas parade's 2 PM (well closer to 2:15 with the delay) showing yesterday at MK, next to a senior catering/event manager (on his day off seeing the parade with his family). He claimed that the recently detailed AK expansion is on the calendar, as "Animal Kingdom is becoming less popular...We need to increase its popularity." Refused to officially confirm it, but said he was essentially confirming it anyway. Not blue sky any longer apparently.

No real timeline given, but it does seem like it's quite serious.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I managed to get a spot for the Christmas parade's 2 PM (well closer to 2:15 with the delay) showing yesterday at MK, next to a senior catering/event manager (on his day off seeing the parade with his family). He claimed that the recently detailed AK expansion is on the calendar, as "Animal Kingdom is becoming less popular...We need to increase its popularity." Refused to officially confirm it, but said he was essentially confirming it anyway. Not blue sky any longer apparently.

Interesting...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has little-to-no faith that they will "get it right", though.

ToTBellHop

Yes it’s definitely happening but we know how quickly Disney actually gets work done. I could see a situation where Dinoland closes next year and they reopen in phases since Dinosaur could be redone on a similar timescale as Splash while Encanto may take longer.

Haymarket

I'm thinking D'Amaro will announce the greenlighting of the Tropical Americas expansion/replacement of Dinoland USA at D23 2024 (August 9–11, 2024).

So it should be completed in, perhaps, late 2028?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom