News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm saying I think the $17 billion for WDW came from the $4 billion a year spending, over ten years.
You don't have to guess where this comes from. Most of us know.

Bob Iger said it. $17B invested in the Orlando parks.

Period.

Advisable Joseph

You don't have to guess where this comes from. Most of us know.

Bob Iger said it. $17B invested in the Orlando parks.

Period.

I was talking about what pot of money the $17B was coming from, not where the news came from.

Capex for the total company was about $5B last year and this year, and is projected to rise to $6B next year. (This year's spending was supposed to be $6B) I am suggesting, when Iger mentioned $17B for WDW, that overall company capex would be $6B per year on average for ten years, which a poster here estimated would yield $4B per year for experiences. (I believe the company spent roughly $3.5B per year for experiences in the last ten years, from memory.)

Apparently the company has recently decided to spend even more money five years from now, so WDW may be getting even more investment, on top of the aforementioned $17B.

ToTBellHop

fixed your post :)
Now I understand why I was told DAK will soon open Mickey’s Top Thrill Roadster Racer:

1699625822971.jpeg

Happy to see they can reuse the Primeval Whirl station!

SpectreJordan

Article headline is poorly worded. It makes it sound like the spending ramps up in the back half of the 2030's.

What they actually said was the back half of the next 10 years. So 2028-2033.
Yeeeeah, that's not much better. They should be starting some of this within the next 2 years.

Maybe they meant that most of this would be for Disneyland & the international parks which don't even have Blueskys shown off right now; so those would be that "ramp up". This way maybe the Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom plans could start sooner. But I sort of doubt this is the case.
Yeah…if I didn’t know better, I’d think all we will get by 2028 is Dino—>Indy from this news. Maybe whatever they want to replace Dino-Rama with. Sounds like the MK expansion is pushed out to 2030 or later.

I can’t wait for Epic Universe.
Man, that would be awful. Closing down Dinosaur for the retheme while the stupid parking lot is still open would be such a bad idea; modern Disney has tons of issues but I don't think they're that stupid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom