News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

Tha Realest

There is absolutely no way they can make more revenue with price increases on declining attendance. It’s not possible…it never was…it’s quicksand. They know this. They have to get the gate back up.

If it’s genie doing this…and second to price I think it is…they have to overpower it.

All that nonsense about “luxury” and reducing attendance was a lie. Full stop. An excuse to cover the first cracks in Igerism pricing models in the mid 2010s they had time to watch it play then. They do not now. Outta rope.
If you believe some of the anecdotal discussions, G+ is only part of the problem with wait times.

Do they have the courage to drastically confront the DAS problem?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Today feels like a pre-covid day on the forums.

Buzz, excitement, optimism, news, and rumors.

"I'll be shocked if they ever build it"
"What will it be like once it gets budget cut"
"Why do they take so long"
"It's still not enough"
And that is all well deserved

The empty part of the glass and the full part

Disstevefan1

There is absolutely no way they can make more revenue with price increases on declining attendance. It’s not possible…it never was…it’s quicksand. They know this. They have to get the gate back up.

If it’s genie doing this…and second to price I think it is…they have to overpower it.

All that nonsense about “luxury” and reducing attendance was a lie. Full stop. An excuse to cover the first cracks in Igerism pricing models in the mid 2010s they had time to watch it play then. They do not now. Outta rope.
I hear you, but the numbers were up for WDW in the last quarterly report, right?

My opinion, they will not take action until the MONEY numbers change significantly.

Attendance alone used to be a good metric, but if they can make more MONEY from less people, they love that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I notice you are severely lacking in the news of expanded MK and AK, time to find you that ostrich picture again ;)
I never claim to be “in the know” on those matters

I just remind that those who claim to be are being fed by those who are speaking way above their pay grade (the money…period) on such things

The DAK things makes sense. It’s total rot and they are letting it collapse just like they did splash and to a lesser extent GMR prior…

It’s a reskin…so that’s not great…and they managed to tank an INDY film (put that one up on the mantle next to the last 3 Star Wars)…so not ideal

But I’ll take it. They need stuff. Badly. Yesterday

Keep going

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Peltz or Peltz and the legal stuff going bye bye....an interesting confluence is driving this now...
It’s the optics that’s killing Bob. Wall Street made no bones about how they blamed him for Slaphead and his stunt departure and return

Every single opinion - pro or con - said “succession”

He’s on notice and his ego took a punch from clubber this time.

Phicinfan

I never claim to be “in the know” on those matters

I just remind that those who claim to be are being fed by those who are speaking way above their pay grade (the money…period) on such things

The DAK things makes sense. It’s total rot and they are letting it collapse just like they did splash and to a lesser extent GMR prior…

It’s a reskin…so that’s not great…and they managed to tank an INDY film (put that one up on the mantle next to the last 3 Star Wars)…so not ideal

But I’ll take it. They need stuff. Badly. Yesterday

Keep going
Dinosaur is the only reskin. Rest is new per reports now. But I get the lack of enthusiasm.

I am still not swallowing the expansion of MK in both Frontierland and now supposedly Adventureland. Just seems more than usual for Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honest to goodness, while I get the enthusiasm about what has been rumored and announced. Can we get some of the $17 B promised and get a new track for SM and a decent ride for Figment in Imagination please? I would be thrilled with that. Oh and new ride system for SSE please
Figment is such low hanging fruit…it’s on the ground right now.

There are 4-5 spots dying for something that gives them immediate pub.

I count 1-3 in MK
2 obvious in Epcot
1+ in mgm
And dak is being taken care of with an expansion also needed

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dinosaur is the only reskin. Rest is new per reports now. But I get the lack of enthusiasm.

I am still not swallowing the expansion of MK in both Frontierland and now supposedly Adventureland. Just seems more than usual for Disney.
It’s not a lack of enthusiasm. It’s calling out the math

They’re taking out 3 things - even if they kinda suck…that need to have more capacity back. It does no good to shuffle a few people around and drop the wait for FOP down to 160 minutes🙄

…gee…thanks

Phicinfan

Figment is such low hanging fruit…it’s on the ground right now.

There are 4-5 spots dying for something that gives them immediate pub.

I count 1-3 in MK
SM, Stitch and ???
2 obvious in Epcot
Test Track is already happening thanks to GM - SSE and something real in WoL?
1+ in mgm
Animation courtyard?
And dak is being taken care of with an expansion also needed
Yup

Disstevefan1

It’s not a lack of enthusiasm. It’s calling out the math

They’re taking out 3 things - even if they kinda suck…that need to have more capacity back. It does no good to shuffle a few people around and drop the wait for FOP down to 160 minutes🙄

…gee…thanks
This is one of my biggest grips over this. They take YEARS to do this stuff and we end up with a NET LOSS of attractions!!!

Sometimes I do think this is their strategy to keep Genie+ and ILL in demand!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That makes no sense. Higher attractions per guests per hour would clearly be seen as a better value.
Hey…did this blind acorn find his squirrel today?

She’s saying it’s a better scenario for Disney to fill the parks with limited capacity

But the attendance drop is proof that won’t work. The customers are starting to reject wdw…all the management excuses are just excuses. It’s not covid time delay or any of the other nonsense. The customer is not getting the value…and their revenues and most importantly profits are in jeopardy

Get ‘er done. You’re up, Bob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom