Disney Plans Gentler Mission: Space

dxwwf3

dxer07002 said:
All I know is this decision may turn out to actually IMPROVE M:S and make it what Disney thought it would be and that is an attraction people actually want to go on and not skip for one reason or another..

I hope that is the case. And I hope they add enough motion to that profile to where it could make it like a standard flight simulator attraction. And then possibly in the future have a totally different film from the normal version.

MAF

The fact DXer is that you hated the original M:S so now you are being tricked into thinking that this new miracle working version is going to make you enjoy it now. The sad fact is that two seconds after you get off the lite version you will be right back here complaining once again. That is the reason the ride should NOT be changed, because once a complainer, always a complainer. You simply cannot make everyone happy....

Captain Chaos

dxwwf3 said:
I hope that is the case. And I hope they add enough motion to that profile to where it could make it like a standard flight simulator attraction. And then possibly in the future have a totally different film from the normal version.

Honestly, I hope so too.... This new lite version still probably won't get me on it.. But it will attract a lot more people to this pavilion.. One that I think is one of the best that Disney has ever built... IMO (pavilion not ride)

dxwwf3

dxer07002 said:
One that I think is one of the best that Disney has ever built... IMO (pavilion not ride)

You've got to be kidding. There's nothing to the pavilion other than the ride. M:S has a sorry excuse for a post show and a small gift shop. Are you just saying that you like the theme, queue, and preshows, but not the actual follow through of the ride itself?

Captain Chaos

TurnipHead said:
The fact DXer is that you hated the original M:S so now you are being tricked into thinking that this new miracle working version is going to make you enjoy it now. The sad fact is that two seconds after you get off the lite version you will be right back here complaining once again. That is the reason the ride should NOT be changed, because once a complainer, always a complainer. You simply cannot make everyone happy....

Don't call me a complainer... I simply state I did not like M:S.... I didn't complain about it... I also think this is a great idea to bring people to the attraction that wouldn't go there... See my last post, I still probably won't ride this lite version either due to the fact that I didn't like M:S.. MY choice.. And I will wager the ONLY ones that will be back here to complain after the lite version opens will be M:S lovers like you.... Since all you M:S supports are acting very defensive to a ride that obviously had some issues that Disney is trying to fix without taking the oringial version away form people... Because, no matter what way you look at it.. only 1 bay is coming down.. So Turnip, you can still enjoy your g-forces version while others can enjoy the no g-forces version....

Captain Chaos

dxwwf3 said:
You've got to be kidding. There's nothing to the pavilion other than the ride. M:S has a sorry excuse for a post show and a small gift shop. Are you just saying that you like the theme, queue, and preshows, but not the actual follow through of the ride itself?

I was talking about the outside, and also being a little sarcastic... I should have included that it would bring more people to the gift shop to spend mre money... And honestly, I never really paid attention to the post shows... I do however like the outside design.. The queue is a standard dull queue... and the preshow is just like a preshow from Body Wars, Soaring... Nothing special...

dxwwf3

dxer07002 said:
I was talking about the outside, and also being a little sarcastic.

Ok. Just didn't see how you could say it's one of their best pavilions and not even like the ride.

kcnole

4.) How can this possibly be a bad idea when WDW is trying to make the attraction appeal to greater numbers of guests?

This whole argument reminds me of back in my video game playing days. Back then before everything went online games had cheat codes so you could play invincible or jump right to the end.

Those who played the game normally would always jump on those who chose to use the cheat codes because that's not how the game was supposed to be played (nevermind that 90% of the time the developers put them there in the first place.) I never understood why someone got so upset that someone else cheated their way through a single player game. It didn't effect their fun and enjoyment in anyway but somehow they felt slighted that someone got to beat the game easier than they did.

Now how does this story fit into this argument? It's the same thing. Those who opposed to it are not opposed for any other reason than those were in the video game debates. It doesn't effect their enjoyment of the ride in any way and those of us who can't ride the ride in it's current state get our enjoyment too. However to those who hate this idea, it's just not right. If you can't ride it the way it's supposed to be ridden it's not right. That argument is just weird to me. They won't listen to the facts that they rarely use bay 4 anyhow, that there's apparently a high demand for this, etc.... To them it's just wrong because now they're apparently slighted somehow.

It boggles my mind.

The sad fact is that two seconds after you get off the lite version you will be right back here complaining once again. That is the reason the ride should NOT be changed, because once a complainer, always a complainer. You simply cannot make everyone happy....

That may be true and it may be not. There is just no way that you can know that to be fact when it hasn't even been released to the public yet. Let's wait and see what they come up with before we bash it. If it doesn't work, then they can just turn it back to the normal ride profile. No one's been hurt and at least they tried. It's not like they're gutting out this centrifuge and it can never go back the other way.

MAF

dxer07002 said:
And I will wager the ONLY ones that will be back here to complain after the lite version opens will be M:S lovers like you.... ....
Like me eh? Have you forgotten that I was one of the people hoping they would demolish the piece of crap in the first place. I got severely sick after riding it and will never ride again, but that doesn't mean that I think they should make a kiddie version of it. Please tell me how that makes me a M:S lover...:confused: Anyways if you don't like the ride, then why are you so adamant about this big change? You seem to have been on this topic for the last 48 hours posting non stop, pretty strange for someone who "dislikes" M:S.... Hmmm....:drevil:

testtrack3

actually it's my understanding that it will be two bays, bays one (gold) and two (blue) becasue they are "mild" colors and will calm people down, while 3 (red) and 4 (green) will stay the same beause they are "intense" colors. also right now to switch form spinning to non spinning ride you have to power down and the back up the ride. Also, i have ridden the non spinning ride and i don't like it becaseu i know what the ride can do, but i think it will get more pople in the building, in the last week our average has been between 8k and 10k...that horrible for a builidng that can do 1600 an hour!

Captain Chaos

dxwwf3 said:
Ok. Just didn't see how you could say it's one of their best pavilions and not even like the ride.

no no no... just one of the best themed outside.. At leats, my opinion the outside is awesome looking.. But I agree, inside is drab...

testtrack3

TurnipHead said:
Like me eh? Have you forgotten that I was one of the people hoping they would demolish the piece of crap in the first place. I got severely sick after riding it and will never ride again, but that doesn't mean that I think they should make a kiddie version of it. Please tell me how that makes me a M:S lover...:confused: Anyways if you don't like the ride, then why are you so adamant about this big change? You seem to have been on this topic for the last 48 hours posting non stop, pretty strange for someone who "dislikes" M:S.... Hmmm....:drevil:

if they demolish anything i hope it's test track. that ride is a piece of crap...from an operational stand point because it breaks down every day, unlike space whitch usually only goes down for protein spills.

Dr Albert Falls

First off, I support the new "lite" version of Mission:Space

I've read many comments along the lines of "No one is forcing you to ride M:S. If you don't feel like you can handle it, don't ride!"

The fact is, Disney, in a very subtle way, DOES force you to ride.

When I'm sitting in my snow-covered house up north and see a TV commercial showing a wide-eyed kid blasting off on Mission Space and Disney inviting me to come down for a ride-- I'm hooked.

When I drive down to Florida and see the amazing glowing billboards showing a rocket ship zooming off, inviting me to try it--- I'm hooked.

When I watch the snazzy video clip of M:S on Resort TV, which is Disney's way of saying "come on board!"--- I'm hooked.

When I plunk down $60 at the ticket booth and handed a brochure with photos of Mission Space and a map to get there--- I'm hooked.

It is ONLY when I first set foot inside the MS building do I see my FIRST warning sign that M:S is not for everyone. I didn't see the warning while sitting on my couch up north. I didn't see it in my hotel room. I didn't see it at the ticket booth.

YEs, at this point, it IS my choice on whether to ride. But by dragging me this far, from my snow-covered home to the front door of Mission Space, Disney has baited me.

It's awfully hard for me to simply walk away now.

That's why the "lite" version is such a great idea.

Captain Chaos

TurnipHead said:

You are pulling a John Kerry flip flop here... I did not forget you were one of the people who was calling for M:S to be demolished.. But now when Disney gives the option of a lite version for people such as yourself who admit to getting violently sick, you complain.. So who is complaining?? Who is flip flopping?? You.

Yes, I didn't like MS and as said I probably wouldnt go on the lite version either.. But I can have an opinion about this and i think it is a good idea...

And please don't worry about how many times I post on a subject... Really, that is none of your business.. Last time I checked, I was a member of this site and was allowed to post on any thread and as many times as I wanted on a particular subject such as this one...

RonAnnArbor

YEAH!!!!!! I swore I would never ride this again after feeling sick for 8 hours after riding. I can't wait for the non-spinner version! YEAH!!!!!!!

MAF

testtrack3 said:
if they demolish anything i hope it's test track. that ride is a piece of crap...from an operational stand point because it breaks down every day, unlike space whitch usually only goes down for protein spills.
Yet your screen name is TestTrack....how ironic. :lookaroun But I will have to agree, TT and M:S were both failures in my eyes. Thrill rides, and I use that word loosely, should not not be a part of Epcot in my eyes. I can honestly say I am more excited by the Living Seas or should I call it Nemo's Seas or whatever, than I am of TT and M:S....

testtrack3

out of every ride in epcot the only ride that really doens't belong there is soarin....u don't learn anything on that ride, it's doesn't fitin with the rest of the park unlike every other attracion there.

Lee

Adventurer
jmvd20 said:
Based upon this how can anyone say the ride will only move a little bit?
I can say it easily.
The no-G version will have the centrifuge sitting still while the pods tilt forward and back. You will get "positive Gs" when it tilts back, and "negative Gs" when it tilts forward, all while you watch the video and punch buttons.

Oooooohhhhhhhhhh........sounds like fun.:rolleyes:

Sorry...I just can't help my opinion...I can't get behind the neutering of a good ride.

MAF

dxer07002 said:
You are pulling a John Kerry flip flop here... I did not forget you were one of the people who was calling for M:S to be demolished.. But now when Disney gives the option of a lite version for people such as yourself who admit to getting violently sick, you complain.. So who is complaining?? Who is flip flopping?? You.
Ok first of all political talk is NOT allowed on WDWmagic so let's keep your opinions to yourself there. Yes I hated M:S, but that DOES NOT mean that I would accept a pathetic kiddy version where you sit in a box and look at a screen. I would rather have nothing that that, so how is it being made for "people like me?" I wasn't flip flopping anyting, I hated M:S and still do so please explain how I am flip flopping???

Yes, I didn't like MS and as said I probably wouldnt go on the lite version either.. But I can have an opinion about this and i think it is a good idea...
Ok I see, you can have an opinion, but I can't? Is that how it is? Hmmm well since you think this is the greatest idea of all time and I think that the idea is terrible I must automatically be crucified according to you...:rolleyes: Also once again if you are already saying you will not ride the new version, then why are you so arguing about this? It shouldn't even concern you...

And please don't worry about how many times I post on a subject... Really, that is none of your business.. Last time I checked, I was a member of this site and was allowed to post on any thread and as many times as I wanted on a particular subject such as this one...
I will worry about it because you are an instigator. You already admitted that you don't care for M:S, so you must be getting some kind of pleasure out of arguing about this topic. I was simply exposing you for egging other member on....
Read above....

MAF

testtrack3 said:
out of every ride in epcot the only ride that really doens't belong there is soarin....u don't learn anything on that ride, it's doesn't fitin with the rest of the park unlike every other attracion there.
And what do you learn on M:S? How quickly you can lose your lunch?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom