Disney Parks to Ban Straws

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It's not just China and Africa dumping their trash into rivers, although they are hugely responsible.

Here is how Brazilian towns get rid of their waste, by dumping it straight into the Amazon river. Remember when Brazil hosted the Olympics and we were all supposed to be supportive of them? No one at any of the TV Networks ever mentioned this is where all the Olympic trash was going every afternoon.

Here's how the Guatemalans do it. Little streams like this feed into the half dozen major Guatemalan rivers that roar right into the Pacific Ocean.

But if it will make you feel better to not have a straw with your Coke at Disneyland, go on and get down with your bad self.

I'm sensing an attraction for that new Brazil WS pavilion at Epcot...El Rio De Basura.

Practical Pig

I'm not in California and I'm not a mail man.

Are you in Vulgaria?

Child Catcher.jpeg

dweezil78

I think they ought to get rid of the popcorn buckets and balloons and souvenir cups and...oh, wait. People pay money for those. Hypocrisy at its finest.

People don't throw away (or onto the ground) souvenir popcorn buckets and cups in mass quantity every day. That's kind of the point... as they are, you know, souvenirs. You keep them.

AngryEyes

People don't throw away (or onto the ground) souvenir popcorn buckets and cups in mass quantity every day. That's kind of the point... as they are, you know, souvenirs. You keep them.
Oh, please. How long do the non-fanatic guests hold onto their giant popcorn bucket or drink cup? If you don't think it's about the revenue, you're fooling yourself. This is a way for a business to say, hey, we're green AF, while also cutting costs. This is a total win-win for them. Are they reducing the price of every beverage by a penny? No? Oh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom