Disney Parks to Ban Straws

Animaniac93-98

Don't worry, Disneyland will still offer plastic straws once a year as part of MONSANTO® Salute to Plastics! in which attractive blondes in beehive hairdos will offer guests the chance to enjoy a variety of overpriced sugary and fatty foods using the latest in plastic cups, plates and even sporks!

The neckbeards will be lining up for hours for their chance to buy a commemorative plastic straw for just $15.99 each (+ tax)!

Ismael Flores

It means nothing. Even if we remove all plastic waste from the US and Europe, Asia and Africa produce 95% of the plastic waste in the ocean. The change needs to start with them before we start punishing ourselves.

Anyways, stopped by Wendy's and grabbed some straws. I won't let them win this.

lol. so now we are being punished because they are eliminating plastic straws? i dont remember it being an issue when there was no plastic straw before when i grew up. paper straws were perfectly fine.

in other words just because aomeone else is polluting their oceans it is ok to polute our own.
i walk down our beaches occasionally and see the crap that is on our beaches when beach goers leave. that doesn’t mean i should do the same.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

The only people who are to blame are the people doing it. US is responsible for 1% of plastic pollution in the ocean. Considering the size of the United States, that's incredible. We're never going to get to 0%. Put the blame on Asia and Africa for their huge waste. Make them take responsibility for their actions.

well if you want to blame somebody then maybe it should actually be us here in the USA. we are the ones that have started many trends and “westernized” the world starting with the creation of the plastic straw here. then being used in our fastfood chains that spread all over the world.

before the 60’s everyone drank fine from a cup without needing anything.
we led the change then so maybe we should take the lead to change now

Curious Constance

People are literally unable to separate feelings from critical thinking anymore. So the fact that this will make effectively zero difference means nothing since it'll make a lot of people feel good and feel like they are making a difference. And that's really what counts with most people. And then when someone challenges their inconsistencies with facts they can post cool quotes and memes and they can label the naysayers as uncaring about all the animals eating plastic or the planet Earth in general. When in reality, those people would rather not do something that will have zero effect especially if it's an inconvenience or money being wasted. They'd really just rather do something that makes, you know, an actual difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom