Disney Parks Castles Being Removed From Property Entrance Arches

Captain Hank

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted before (apologies if it has, I did a search), but the Disney Parks castle cutouts above the property entrance archways are being removed. I noticed the Rte. 536 arch castle missing a few days ago, and the 192 arch castle was gone as of yesterday (if not earlier). Last time I looked, the 535/Hotel Plaza Blvd. castle was still there. I haven't had a chance to take a look at the other entrance arches yet. In all cases, the "Where Dreams Come True" banners have remained.

I'm really glad these are coming down. Some of them, especially the 192 one, were getting kind of cruddy.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted before (apologies if it has, I did a search), but the Disney Parks castle cutouts above the property entrance archways are being removed. I noticed the Rte. 536 arch castle missing a few days ago, and the 192 arch castle was gone as of yesterday (if not earlier). Last time I looked, the 535/Hotel Plaza Blvd. castle was still there. I haven't had a chance to take a look at the other entrance arches yet. In all cases, the "Where Dreams Come True" banners have remained.

I'm really glad these are coming down. Some of them, especially the 192 one, were getting kind of cruddy.

Funny, I noticed that those two also had brown stains/marks down the main turret, in December. Almost like a scorch mark....Do they act as lightening rods? :lol:

Hope they return, and cleaned.

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Funny, I noticed that those two also had brown stains/marks down the main turret, in December. Almost like a scorch mark....Do they act as lightening rods? :lol:

Hope they return, and cleaned.
I'd be totally okay if they didn't come back. I much prefer the arches without any accouterments.

Wilt Dasney

Screw "Disney Parks." It's a nebulous, meaningless concept with no sense of location. Seeing a sign that says "Disney Parks" when you enter WDW is like seeing a sign that says "Europe" when you enter Germany. It's a slight to all the wonders contained in the specific place you're going to see.

WDW is a pretty nice place. Promote that. (DL too.)

HMF

Screw "Disney Parks." It's a nebulous, meaningless concept with no sense of location. Seeing a sign that says "Disney Parks" when you enter WDW is like seeing a sign that says "Europe" when you enter Germany. It's a slight to all the wonders contained in the specific place you're going to see.

WDW is a pretty nice place. Promote that. (DL too.)
Alleluia!

_Scar

Alleluia!

Hallejuah? :ROFLOL:

Seriously, DisneyParks logo is like some cheap and sleezy representation of the parks. It's all about a resort's identity and merging it into one is just odd. They all offer different and unique experiences- WHY NOT OFFER THAT.

It's almost like they're advertising- you might as well keep on going to WDW because it's the same everywhere else.

:rolleyes:

Hope they're gone as they represent a major flaw in theme pak advertising.

HMF

Hallejuah? :ROFLOL:

Seriously, DisneyParks logo is like some cheap and sleezy representation of the parks. It's all about a resort's identity and merging it into one is just odd. They all offer different and unique experiences- WHY NOT OFFER THAT.

It's almost like they're advertising- you might as well keep on going to WDW because it's the same everywhere else.

:rolleyes:

Hope they're gone as they represent a major flaw in theme pak advertising.
I hope this is the beginning of the end of the "Disney Parks" era.

nemofinder22

Thanks for the info, hopefully they dont come back and hopefully the banners are removed too.

wolf359

I noticed on the newest Samantha Brown special she always said "I'm at the Disney Parks at Walt Disney World" every time she referred to where she was.

I hope I'm wrong, but I take that to mean they're not quite done with that branding just yet.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I, like everyone else, am hoping that this is a small step towards eradicating the Disney Parks brand. I understand why they did it, but it got really annoying. It is so generic and there is nothing generic about any of the parks. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom